Path of Exile

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Alright. The game is nearly unplayable for me if I have delirium going. If I’m just running a map without the fog, game plays fine. Suggestions?

Did you change anything weird in the previous 2 weeks when everyone was saying it would help with performance? I get a little stutter every now and again but im totally fine with everything on ultra and running 16 things within the fog.

8700k intel and a 2070 gfx + youtube/music or some stream going.

And the obvious shit fucking servers ggg has in dc and texas.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I did update my driver and that GeForce experience. I’ll see.

Somehow I ended up with power saving mode on. That fixed it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What does Hollow Palm provide over a Facebreaker build? I know the way you build it is different, but playstyle wise, does it enable anything that Facebreaker doesn't? Or more specifically, does Hollow Palm restrict(7 less gem slots, no shield, no gloves) while not offering anything besides dex stacking?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I respecced and tried out low life blade vortex like my plan was before league start. Liked my theory crafting and the dmg was decent enough. Over 10k es and 11k mana, 8ish million dps.
But i didn't like the skill in maps in practice. Even though i have the BV duration enchant (30%) and 50% duration on the tree, 1 extra seal anoint and over 175% inc aoe the duration is annoyingly short and the aoe isn't as big as i would like, it's pretty sad.

It was pretty good in delve and simulacrum though.

It doesn't help that the previous skill (storm brand) i'm directly comparing it to goes across the screen hunting every last mob down and lasts the whole zone basically.

Xevy

Log Wizard
What does Hollow Palm provide over a Facebreaker build? I know the way you build it is different, but playstyle wise, does it enable anything that Facebreaker doesn't? Or more specifically, does Hollow Palm restrict(7 less gem slots, no shield, no gloves) while not offering anything besides dex stacking?

Facebreakers is scaling %phys, so you get flat phys wherever you can. Hollowed Palm ADDS flat phys, which is generally more potent as you can get %phys a million more ways than flat phys. That and it gives 60% MORE attack speed. Like Berserkers, this isn't increased, it's MORE so it's a fuck ton of free FPS, with base phys. Basically you just need a decent skill and the usual %phys nodes (even easier now with cluster jewels) and you're omega damage with very little investment. The loss of 10 jewel sockets and potentially like 200+ max hp is pretty rough, but they made it so basically you don't need two skills. Your main skill clears AND fucks single target.

TLDR:
Stacking flat phys is much harder to do than %phys. And this basically gives you the easier option PLUS retarded attack speed.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Facebreakers is scaling %phys, so you get flat phys wherever you can. Hollowed Palm ADDS flat phys, which is generally more potent as you can get %phys a million more ways than flat phys. That and it gives 60% MORE attack speed. Like Berserkers, this isn't increased, it's MORE so it's a fuck ton of free FPS, with base phys. Basically you just need a decent skill and the usual %phys nodes (even easier now with cluster jewels) and you're omega damage with very little investment. The loss of 10 jewel sockets and potentially like 200+ max hp is pretty rough, but they made it so basically you don't need two skills. Your main skill clears AND fucks single target.

TLDR:
Stacking flat phys is much harder to do than %phys. And this basically gives you the easier option PLUS retarded attack speed.
It's hard for me to consider the more attack speed a gameplay difference since both builds are almost always Cyclone and pretty much everyone is using Dash now.

So, Hollow Palm scales up faster, maybe caps out quicker since it's hard for it to go crit? But, truly, gameplay wise, doesn't offer anything different?

I was thinking of trying a max block gladiator, never played one, can't decide between the two.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Alright. The game is nearly unplayable for me if I have delirium going. If I’m just running a map without the fog, game plays fine. Suggestions?

I get the same thing. Doing a delirium I get about 1 to 6 fps. Fuck fog. Normally I get like 15 to 20 fps. Mind you my pc was built before wow lich king xpac came out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
More attack speed ---> Impale stacking ---> win.
At cyclone speeds, both builds are maintaining max impale stacks at under a second. I guess if you're doing something besides cyclone, that would make a difference. I have not seen any unarmed builds on poe.ninja playing anything but cyclone.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I get the same thing. Doing a delirium I get about 1 to 6 fps. Fuck fog. Normally I get like 15 to 20 fps. Mind you my pc was built before wow lich king xpac came out.

You used to be able to go super old school with the gfx.. changing shit in the ini file or something.

low-end.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
1585713173011.png

Tier 14 strand 174% quant, baran influence, blight, 3 alva, 8 strongboxes, 2 breaches, and full sextants = 63 sextants (+21 from alva)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
this is what happens when GGG's entire QA consists of the following:

1. Make bunch of changes
2. Compile build
3. Does game launch? If yes then release build, if not then go to step 1

this isn't even a joke

first weak or two of league is literally QA via reddit

dizzie

Triggered Happy
When you are rolling 100s of maps for level 99 you get plenty of 150 quants, 160 is pretty rare. If you get a couple of rippy as fuck mod combos that could push it higher than 160 I guess.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How do you get 174 quant?

I don't recall the exact quant on the map, but I always put map fragments in as well. Did a map afterward that was 171% and only netted 20 splinters despite the same density. Their splinter calculation is weird.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I don't recall the exact quant on the map, but I always put map fragments in as well. Did a map afterward that was 171% and only netted 20 splinters despite the same density. Their splinter calculation is weird.

Splinters are a bit off, I cleared a white map just alched to get temple spawn and it gave me 60 splinters. Did a t16 guardian for achievement including killing the Chimera boss, fully juiced with zana mod, sextants on everything and it ended up giving me 25. I'm not sure how they work it out but it's a bit strange.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Splinters are a bit off, I cleared a white map just alched to get temple spawn and it gave me 60 splinters. Did a t16 guardian for achievement including killing the Chimera boss, fully juiced with zana mod, sextants on everything and it ended up giving me 25. I'm not sure how they work it out but it's a bit strange.

Well I do know the splinters don't kick in much higher until you're on the 5th tier reward. You can get them ebfore that but its slim pickings. In the strand one above, I got 7 both times, though so having 63 on one and 20 on the next was odd.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Warcry berserker 2.0. Warcries are real, real good now with 3+ cry wolf notables. The duration on rallying cry is like ~45 seconds and at minimum it's like 100% increased damage, with the potential to be way, way more if you have a pack or two of mobs in range. So you just turn on the insane damage buff, then spam enduring cry every ~1.5s for 25% instant heal + 1200 regen that lasts longer than the skill CD. They are instant cast so you can just hold down the enduring cry button, or just bind it to your left mouse now once the patch hits for 100% uptime. Free rage without having to use the gem or the ascendancy as well, which means you get to have berserk for bursting bosses.

Obviously glacial hammer sucks cock and this build would 100% be better off using a real skill, but whatever it's the mid league slump and I was bored.