Path of Exile

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
what build is that? Sounds kinda nice

It's a build for hardcore so I stacked up the defenses, DPS is like a half million between the two spells which isn't spectacular but it's over 10k EHP, 40% less damage taken, applies blind, and both block and dodge are capped. Unless they stealth changed it in 3.11 without mentioning it in the patch notes, Glancing Blows blocks don't actually count as a hit and won't turn Kintsugi/Wind Dancer off.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m meme building. Dex stacking cold conversion siege ballista. It’s gonna be a painful start I think though. No mom but I’m debating ancestral bond early to get a third totem.

Though that stops me from “helping” my totems.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I’m meme building. Dex stacking cold conversion siege ballista. It’s gonna be a painful start I think though. No mom but I’m debating ancestral bond early to get a third totem.

Though that stops me from “helping” my totems.

You're not using iron commander? Also, siege ballista is a ballista totem now which has 3 totems baseline, and you can get three more on the tree.

Caeden

You're not using iron commander? Also, siege ballista is a ballista totem now which has 3 totems baseline, and you can get three more on the tree.
I am. But baseline is two isn’t it and it’s two from tree and 1 from ascendancy. I tried it last league and its surprisingly solid. It felt iffy at start though. So I thought grab ancestral bond for an extra totem. I can still curse on hit some for the totems. Once you get rolling it’s like 14-17 totems depending on gear level.

Edit. I was wrong. It’s 2 additional. Yeah this should be cake if I can get some early dex. Meme might be a strong word, but nobody plays siege ballista and nobody certainly plays with iron commander since it’s like 10-20c at league start 6L. And the build has like 4000 life.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
2 questions - is it possible to allocate call to arms using oils? also, anyone have an idea how the new hexbreaker change will work if you're in a map that has curse mods? do you just get instantly recursed when you stop channeling?

Caeden

2 questions - is it possible to allocate call to arms using oils? also, anyone have an idea how the new hexbreaker change will work if you're in a map that has curse mods? do you just get instantly recursed when you stop channeling?

On curse - yes. Happened that way last league. That notable was amazing for CoC cyclone.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
kinda dumb. its still good for cyclone but for any other channeling skill where you're stationary when channeling its mostly useless now.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
i mean more that the 2 second delay now on the curse removal. when i played cyclone it was rare i ever channeled for less than 2secs, sometimes it'd be the whole map. other channeling skills youre constantly stopping and starting

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Fist of war seems good? Going to go perforate glad, fist of war seems like it’ll help the clear speed which has been a weak point and was really shitty in deleruim. The extra spikes and added phys are pretty nice as well. I’m not sold on two handed yet, block build still melts bosses with perf.

Nvm. 1.8 secs is way too slow for perforate, oh well.

Last edited:

Caeden

I'll eventually try tectonic slam this league.

That said, arcanist brand seems doa? I'm trying to see how you'd get that to work well. My first thought was, of course, something with desecrate and VD, but with two spells it seems to be utter shit. At 1s activation frequency...jesus..it's bad already.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that's doa. I could understand 1s with a pre 3.11 brand recall. I'm curious what Necro build was posting numbers that required putting a cap on Corpse Pact. I can see peak, but no way was Arcanist Brand actually consuming that many corpses consistently.

Fist of War is doa too.

Some asshole at GGG has a hardon for 1-2 combos and has a fundamental misunderstanding of smooth feeling gameplay. Name me a 1-2 combo that's actually fun to play instead of misinterpreted as fun because it's powerful.

Caeden

I feel like with Fist Of War and the changes to Warcries, they envision people piano keying through warcries to exert attacks then getting random fist of war bombs. Every 2H will have to invest some in warcry CDR but they’re still gonna be a lot like flasks to get exerts.

All while being the weakest defense melee... DW, sword/board, and cyclone are still superior

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I feel like with Fist Of War and the changes to Warcries, they envision people piano keying through warcries to exert attacks then getting random fist of war bombs. Every 2H will have to invest some in warcry CDR but they’re still gonna be a lot like flasks to get exerts.

All while being the weakest defense melee... DW, sword/board, and cyclone are still superior
I don't think you need to piano through warcrys, most of the trash clears you'll probably just warcry once every 5seconds or so to refresh the exerts stacks and then one tap screens with a big earthquake or whatever. You might run additional warcries for boss fights but I doubt you'll need multiple for trash mobs with the damage range per hit of 2H and the more multipliers on exert and slams like EQ already doing stupid damage per hit.

For the defenses that's obviously still a problem, there is enduring cry but you need to be stacking end charges(great for jugg obviously, not sure about others), slayer can get the big leeches as usual but otherwise yeah not great.

Overall I don't think the builds will be too meta, but people who wanted to play 2H will be at least more competitive. DW Zerker will probably dunk 2H easily even with the big DW nerf though, hell they even made it better with the Rigwald weapon buff and shit like that.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Using more than 1 warcry is gonna feel pretty awful with the cast times they have, so I suspect we'll mostly see instant enduring cry + tec slam or people using generals call as a 2nd 6link.

Trying to use 2-3 different warcries that all have cast times and different cooldowns has got to be aids.

Caeden

Oh. I’m not commenting on how it feels or will actually play out, I’m simply saying I think that’s what they were going for. I think they even said as much in the manifesto or a comment on the announce or Ziz vid.

I think they ultimately wanted people using them. But whoever did the design didn’t realize that most of the playerbase hates 1-2 punches. All the CDs on warcries and stuff like fist of war makes it really look like they were aiming for warcry-big fucking stick-warcry-big fucking stick gameplay.

I thought about rotating infernal and enduring on tectonic slam during clear. Those pops would be nice but tectonic doesn’t probably need them. Could do full fire conversion chieftain I guess on ground slam and the like.

Caeden

Yeah, that's doa. I could understand 1s with a pre 3.11 brand recall. I'm curious what Necro build was posting numbers that required putting a cap on Corpse Pact. I can see peak, but no way was Arcanist Brand actually consuming that many corpses consistently.

Fist of War is doa too.

Some asshole at GGG has a hardon for 1-2 combos and has a fundamental misunderstanding of smooth feeling gameplay. Name me a 1-2 combo that's actually fun to play instead of misinterpreted as fun because it's powerful.

Yeah. I feel like in this case, you’d have to hard cast desecrate then have arcanist popping VD. You’d need swiftbrand plus probable heiro only and invest in cast speed and activation frequency. Might as well hard cast it.

Or just play COC.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Trying to use 2-3 different warcries that all have cast times and different cooldowns has got to be aids.

That's pretty much my take. Unfortunately so, since I was looking forward to warcries.

I actually started with cryzerker last league, but lost interest quickly because even with instant cast and bound to move key, they were clunky. They fixed that like a week later by not consuming the first click for just the warcry, but by then I had dropped idea. I wanted to pick it back up for this league, but now they went in made it worse with their new ideas - at least on paper.

I'll probably go Juggernaut and see where it leads me. Worst case I reroll before maps, been that way for all leagues since last fall.