Path of Exile

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The most ridiculous part of the stash tab debate is that nobody needs those. They are the definition of barely-useful QoL, and if the company can survive on that plus cosmetics instead of going P2W, that's a benefit to every player.

If you had to juggle back and forth between 3 full tabs to keep track of all your Metamorph, Blight and Delirium stuff there might be a point to it (still not really though). As is? All the shit for those three leagues fits into any old regular tab, and you might even clickclickclick less since you don't switch between three specialty tabs all the time. But Reddit is gonna Reddit. GGG listens to them too much.

That aside, league is ok I guess, but crafting leagues never get the recognition of lootsplosion leagues. Not much management required after you build your garden though, so that's nice.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All the butthurt about new tabs is just poors being poor.

Like how many of them have 1000 hours in this game and are mad cause the company wants to make 10$ this month off some new QOL shit.

The moniker of "free" always brings out these types.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
League is like a B- so far. The normal map density after delirium is pretty jarring and feels really empty sometimes.

There's just plain not enough seeds and they don't seem to scale at all with map tier/quant, which I'm sure will probably be one of the first things they adjust.

Farm setup is odd for me. I spend about as much time in stuff like Rimworld/Dwarf Fortress as I do PoE, so the farm setup annoying so many people is really hard for me to empathize with. This is like baby's first colony simulator from my perspective, and the initial setup is like maybe 30m of placing objects then you never have to touch it again. It's a bit odd that they even did it this way though, as there are clearly going to be objective best layouts, so what even is the point of allowing customization at all then?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i have a VDslinger and it's good for map clearing but the single target feels really lacking. So i kind of want to level something new thats better at bossing. Perhaps contrary to that i sort of want to do the chieftan slam warcry meme for the new tawoah node.

Anyone tried that out and know how it performs against bosses? And what skill would work the best? Obviously techslam fits chieftan but hows that for single target?

I don't get the stashtab drama at all. They seem near useless to me who would even need them? I really hope we get the stash auto sorting sooner rather than later though and then i might get them.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There's just plain not enough seeds and they don't seem to scale at all with map tier/quant, which I'm sure will probably be one of the first things they adjust.

honestly, a lot of my problem with this league would go away if they'd.... GIVE ME FUCKING SEEDS FOR MY FUCKING FARMS

jesus ggg this shit is just ridiculous given the universally shitty rewards

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Having trouble picking a build I want to play. I wonder if herald stacking ruined me for a bit. ED/Contagion Spellslinger has great screen clearing but I feel like the damage is going to fall off eventually. I don't want to do regular ED/Contagion because I hate 1-2 combo gameplay. Also, I hate aiming that fucking ED projectile on small targets.

Anyone played KB recently? Looking to play that along with power siphon, tanky character, and shatters. Having trouble finding some inspiration on poe.ninja.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So i have a VDslinger and it's good for map clearing but the single target feels really lacking. So i kind of want to level something new thats better at bossing. Perhaps contrary to that i sort of want to do the chieftan slam warcry meme for the new tawoah node.

Anyone tried that out and know how it performs against bosses? And what skill would work the best? Obviously techslam fits chieftan but hows that for single target?

I don't get the stashtab drama at all. They seem near useless to me who would even need them? I really hope we get the stash auto sorting sooner rather than later though and then i might get them.

I'm using Ice Shot/Barrage deadeye atm which is really, really nice. However, I'm finding getting the proper cluster jewel for the build borderline impossible with the changes (8 slots, 3 passives, and 2 jewel sockets). The closest one is 10 slots, 3 passives, and 1 jewel socket for 2ex. I'm working around it for now, but with Barrage, bosses melt fairly quickly so far given the fact I have dogshit gear outside of my breastplate.

I would not recommend it though unless you have at the least a 5 link, and I do have a hyrri's ire which is really critical ot the build. I league started with it and it was FUCKING PAINFUL, but I managed to get through it. Geared it's really nice. Only annoyance is swapping out chain support with barrage support for bosses. I've dropped the gem on the ground a few times on accident doing that, but that's mainly because im not used to it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All the butthurt about new tabs is just poors being poor.

Like how many of them have 1000 hours in this game and are mad cause the company wants to make 10$ this month off some new QOL shit.

The moniker of "free" always brings out these types.

Except the stash tabs aren't even QoL. You've completely missed the point of the complaints. People have never complained about good stash tabs or paying for actual functionality.

Watch this.

People would have no problem paying to expand their tab functionality. The fact I have to scroll through 3 more tabs on top of my 50 other tabs is quite dumb. Stash bloat is real. I'm just trying to save myself from fucking hand cramps just from sorting fucking inventory.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Except the stash tabs aren't even QoL. You've completely missed the point of the complaints. People have never complained about good stash tabs or paying for actual functionality.

Watch this.

People would have no problem paying to expand their tab functionality. The fact I have to scroll through 3 more tabs on top of my 50 other tabs is quite dumb. Stash bloat is real. I'm just trying to save myself from fucking hand cramps just from sorting fucking inventory.
On my next play through I'm just not picking up half of the currency crap that drops on the off chance it'll be useful. I think that's the trick.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Watch this.

ya this, plus it's obvious they are designing around creating new currency tabs to sell, which is obviously going to lead to bad places with overall game design.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I have a clear two step fix (with a bonus) to the stash tab problem. I should probably post this on reddit.

1. The search function should not be by each tab. Instead, there should be 1 unified search. This search should do one of two things:
  • It should display a quad tab type interface when you start a search that displays items that match your search criteria in every one of your stash tabs. You simply take it out of the quad stash and it will be removed from whereever it is.
  • Alternatively, doing a search should hide all tabs that do not have anything in them that don't match the term you're searching for.
2. There should be a rules file, similar to a loot filter, that allows you to define where certain loot goes if you CTRL+Click it to send from inventory to stash. For example, the ability to put things with tier 1 loot into certain tabs, league loot automatically goes into the league tabs, etc. There is no diminishing returns of the stash tab, really, because its going to take up normal tab space anyway since you'll be stack-limited, but buying the tabs doesn't empty your inventory.

The funny thing about #1 above, is that the popular Second Life viewer firestorm for years and years has done a really really cool job on it's settings that do exactly this and I rarely if ever see this implemented in any piece of software. If you search for a term, it hides all tabs not relevant and highlights the thing you're searching for in the relevant tabs. Path of Exile needs this for it's stash tabs. Here's an example of it in action of what I'm talking about...

Click Here for example

They really should implement something like the loot filter for stash tab clicks. That would be the best way, tbh. They could sell a billion tabs for that purpose and would revolutionize loot management.

Bonus. Add auto-sort button for stash tabs only.

Bonus 2. The search should allow use of special keywords, like they currently do, but in a better format. For example: map,rare to show all rare maps. Or unid to show all unidentified items, etc.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Cluster Jewel change is really nice and very needed. The jewels for a specific build will be a lot easier to get now. They also said the drop rate increase to seed drops might be deployed today.

Also:

Next week we plan to deploy Patch 3.11.1 and will preview its patch notes next week. In the meantime, we wanted to provide some general indication of what we're working on in the immediate future. While not all of these changes will be in next week's patch, we'll aim to get as many of them in as possible.

In case you missed them, we've already released several small updates with improvements to Harvest. You can find them here, here, here, here, here and here.

General Harvest Improvements
  • We're working on a new reward item that can drop from both Harvest monsters and the Final Boss. There are several variations of it that you can receive randomly. It has a limited number of uses and can be placed within your garden to produce more Lifeforce from nearby plants, create luckier crafting outcomes, or provide a chance to generate additional crafting options for each of the ones you planted. We're brainstorming other stuff it could do also.
  • The colours of growth meters on plants have been improved so that it's easier for colourblind players to differentiate between Wild and Primal plants. We are also investigating changing the UI artwork of these so that you can tell the difference more easily without relying on colour.
  • We've added stairs to the terrain around the Sacred Grove's portal to improve its accessibility.
  • Increased the number of seeds that drop in maps, particularly mid-tier and rarer seeds. You now receive a lot more seeds from the highest-tier maps.
  • Harvest Crafting options will be sorted by their tier rather than their Lifeforce cost and will also be grouped together by their crafting type.

Improvements to Final Harvest Boss Fight
  • The final boss fight will guarantee that you receive a few of the new reward item mentioned above.
  • Improved various mechanics to enhance the feeling of the fight.
  • Adding debuff icons to signal when the boss' debuff has been applied to you.
  • Adding a progress percentage value that indicates how close you are to the next boss respawn.
  • Improving various visual components of the fight.
  • Improving the boss' AI so that it's less likely to move onto ground effects and more likely to leave them.
  • Fixed various bugs associated with this fight including the boss being able to get stuck within vine walls.

Vulkan Beta
We're continuing to steadily improve the Vulkan Renderer and would ideally like to get it out of Beta prior to our September launch. Please continue to send reports to us on the bug report forum and we will continue to fix them as soon as possible.

Thank you for all of your feedback since Harvest's launch. We really appreciate it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
even with the seed drop increase, still can't chain one full t1 seed garden per color per growth cycle, let alone multiple. Fucking so retarded.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Glad that they are changing cluster jewels. I was wanting to play an Ice Shot Assassin but with the nerf to Arborix and not being able to depend on cluster jewels to shore up the dex passives lack of life nodes, I was like nah.

I don't think the seed change is live? Unless it's server-side only and didn't require a change to the release tags.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glad i sold my half succes cluster jewel (with profit) if they're making it easier.

The seed change is live, you can get dozens of seeds in high tier maps now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just started the new league.

WHAT THE FUCK!? The garden is like a microcosm of the entire game, needlessly over complicated to the point that the guides don't make sense either.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was kinda hoping that it being a crafting league there would be a lot more stuff for sale, but it seems the opposite. Don't think I remember the last league that I wasn't able to afford a 6L chest by the mid 70's but seems like 40-50c+ for corrupted ones.

Is there a 6 link farm craft?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Was kinda hoping that it being a crafting league there would be a lot more stuff for sale, but it seems the opposite. Don't think I remember the last league that I wasn't able to afford a 6L chest by the mid 70's but seems like 40-50c+ for corrupted ones.

Is there a 6 link farm craft?
Yes, but it's rare. You're better off running some vaal sac frags and hoping you get a corrupted one you can recolor easily. Took me a half hour on SSF.

Mr Creed Mr Creed As far as I know, there has been no communication as to why they changed Arborix. Probably the same idiot that thought Reach of The Council Version 4 was an improvement.