Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
the problem is fun economies and progression for normie players is all built around insane lootsplosion leagues, so a crafting league is boring as fuck and there's zero progress unless you're a poopsocker with a poe galaxy brain

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
What i find most interesting are the numbers for blight. They really failed at selling that league when they start out with 1/3 of players not even wanting to try it out.

Synthesis, the most comparable league, was a buggy mess.

Harvest does work though mostly, and probably better than previous leagues for a lot of people because of vulcan. They just made it too niche and theres a big hurdle just to get your farm started and after that it's still not rewarding fast enough, especially if you just don't know what what/how to craft.

I like this sort of pace a bit better than delirium though, which i found interesting at first, but after a while it got annoying with 5 gazillion things to pick up while being punished for stopping, both beacuse of timer and volatiles etc insta killing you.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the problem is fun economies and progression for normie players is all built around insane lootsplosion leagues, so a crafting league is boring as fuck and there's zero progress unless you're a poopsocker with a poe galaxy brain

Honestly that’s a bit of it. I’m mediocre at crafting. The best items I’ve ever made sold for about 5ex. Then you watch path of Matth and he’s selling 40ex boots. Plus I have at most 2-2.5 hours of play time at night and maybe 4-5 on weekends per day, and that assumes I don’t use nap time or bedtime to do something with the wife. Playing games like PoE has been fucking impossible with a toddler; whatever I’m doing he wants to do. And I want to spend time with him anyway, so we spend a lot of time with toddler age building blocks and stuff to teach and develop him.

I’m just currently not the type of player they want and that’s fine. I can still knock out 2-3 decent builds and kill S8 a dozen times over 3 months.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly that’s a bit of it. I’m mediocre at crafting. The best items I’ve ever made sold for about 5ex. Then you watch path of Matth and he’s selling 40ex boots. Plus I have at most 2-2.5 hours of play time at night and maybe 4-5 on weekends per day, and that assumes I don’t use nap time or bedtime to do something with the wife. Playing games like PoE has been fucking impossible with a toddler. And I want to spend time with him anyway.

I’m just currently not the type of player they want and that’s fine. I can still knock out 2-3 decent builds and kill S8 a dozen times over 3 months.

not to mention, even if I have the currency, I don't find it at all fun clicking my crusader chest 5000 times with an alteration orb to get my explode prefix.... (yes I know I can use 100 jaggeds for 300-400 chaos, but i'm making a point, and socketing 100 fossils is HORRIBLE as well)

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
GGG needs to decide if they are going to cater to the hardcore or the casual. They've proven they can't do both at the same time. Pick one, build a game to cater to it. Have fun.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
What i find most interesting are the numbers for blight. They really failed at selling that league when they start out with 1/3 of players not even wanting to try it out.

Harvest does work though mostly, and probably better than previous leagues for a lot of people because of vulcan. They just made it too niche and theres a big hurdle just to get your farm started and after that it's still not rewarding fast enough, especially if you just don't know what what/how to craft.

I like this sort of pace a bit better than delirium though, which i found interesting at first, but after a while it got annoying with 5 gazillion things to pick up while being punished for stopping, both beacuse of timer and volatiles etc insta killing you.

Harvest is just boring and tedious, I'd rather chaos spam than run maps, plant seeds and be disappointed at one millionth the pace of chaos/alt spamming.I get that this is better by a mile than normal crafting but it doesn't make it fun, I already have all this shit in standard. I don't want to craft all the time or even a lot of the time. I love loot explosions and any league that has them holds me way longer because I can min/max several builds simply by playing. Right now I'm goofing off in standard because I already have the gear that Im going to try to make to run the same exact past league content I'd be running in Harvest. I can't fault the people who are super into Harvest and it's fine for the league to be skewed towards the people who are into it but it feels empty to me.

Totally agree about delirium. It was too much for every single map. It's in a great spot now where getting one is fun then it's back to normal for some time til the next spawn.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Blight's numbers should have a big asterisk next to it considering a certain something launched only a few weeks previous.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I agree with this, though the biggest problem with delirium that turned me off was having to rush so fast through the map only to have to re-run through it all again to pick up the loot. Made for an annoying league.

My fav league since playing was no question legion.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
My favourite league was Delve as endless sulphite with an endless dungeon was amazing. I might have rose-tinted glasses as it was my first league. After that I'd say Legion.

The worst league was Betrayal as the mobs were overtuned and performance was shit for ages and ages. Even after they'd patched it 2-3 times it still fucking sucked.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I really think Metamorph nailed it.

reason to clear maps, icons for enemy packs so you know which way to go, challenging boss with rewarding loot on each map.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blight's numbers should have a big asterisk next to it considering a certain something launched only a few weeks previous.

I guess you're right. Guess it just fit my own notion that it had a terrible salespitch so i jumped to that conclusion. It was a trash mechanic in practice though and just a straight boring power creep for rewards.

reason to clear maps, icons for enemy packs so you know which way to go, challenging boss with rewarding loot on each map.

Yes, not to mention totally new atlas etc. It's my favorite league/patch. Rewards/catalysts are pretty boring and bland though.

Harvest is just boring and tedious, I'd rather chaos spam than run maps, plant seeds and be disappointed at one millionth the pace of chaos/alt spamming.I get that this is better by a mile than normal crafting but it doesn't make it fun, I already have all this shit in standard. I don't want to craft all the time or even a lot of the time. I love loot explosions and any league that has them holds me way longer because I can min/max several builds simply by playing. Right now I'm goofing off in standard because I already have the gear that Im going to try to make to run the same exact past league content I'd be running in Harvest. I can't fault the people who are super into Harvest and it's fine for the league to be skewed towards the people who are into it but it feels empty to me.

Totally agree about delirium. It was too much for every single map. It's in a great spot now where getting one is fun then it's back to normal for some time til the next spawn.

I do like a bit of wiki/poedb gameplay, finding something and going omg i can do that with this harvest craft?!! Like making a build and finding a unique or something that i wasnt aware of that fits that build (i don't know all the uniques by heart yet). Discovery min maxing is fun to me. While i can grow bored of mapping. So harvest scratches that itch for me, they just made it super tedious like you say, and gated behind mapping which annoys me.

The whole farming system needs a revamp if they ever want to bring it to standard..I don't want to be a farmer for the rest of POE.

...re-run through it all again to pick up the loot. Made for an annoying league.

My fav league since playing was no question legion.

Yes, the run backs ugh.

Legion was good. Alltough like i said above my favorite happens to be metamorph.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really enjoyed Blight. I’m in the minority though. Legion and Blight are my favorites. Then delve.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Delirium if they implemented the synthesis loot where it all dropped after you clicked the final beacon (delirium ends) would have been flawless. Or shit, like they do Alva temples and loot comes in after you finish. I'd say legion was my favorite if it weren't for almost all the mobs one shotting me from offscreen, that was just irksome.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, Metamorph was easily my favorite league since Incursion and possibly my favorite ever, despite how fucktarded I thought the Sirus fight was. They just need to work on the organ management/drops and it would've been pretty much perfection.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My favourite league was Delve as endless sulphite with an endless dungeon was amazing. I might have rose-tinted glasses as it was my first league. After that I'd say Legion.

The worst league was Betrayal as the mobs were overtuned and performance was shit for ages and ages. Even after they'd patched it 2-3 times it still fucking sucked.

delve was the league I stuck around the longest by far

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't dislike the concept of this league, but the numbers are just pure fuckery far as I can tell? Like you can't call it a crafting league then have 99.9% of all the seed results be basically chaos orbs lol.

It was such a bait and switch too, cause while leveling you saw all kinds of crazy shit like slam a phys roll, annull a cold, replace a cold with a fire, etc, but that shit just 100% vanishes then second you get to maps.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Delve was the one league I played almost all the way through. Metamorph was pretty good too. I didn't care for Betrayal at first but it grew on me as a post-league mechanic.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got a setup capable of T2/T3 seed growing. T2 seeds take ages to grow and I'm not using much life force on crafting.

I think that seeds should hatch instantly or after 1 round, have the game be directing lifeforce into the right seeds and not waiting multiple zones for the reward.

Even then I think joining stuff up with cables is a tedious waste of time and should be automatic.