Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you go life, you can maybe go down enough to use an intuitive leap to get attack speed and accuracy nodes near Heartseeker. Honestly, the hardest gearing part for all CoC builds is accuracy. I did that on mine last league. Granted, it’s a lot of points and sorta knocks you out of fitting in cluster jewels.

Why is savior so cheap this league?!

They nerfed the mirage warriors on it so they can't hit multiple targets with strike skills, which basically kills it for flicker strike which was one of the best builds for it.

Also cyclone and dual wield nerfs in general etc.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Completely forgot about the change to saviour. Pretty much means you’d rather start a paradoxica then craft a wep.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got this from an Essence craft for VD/DD Spellslinger* Necro. There's no clever way to ditch the burning, right? Just a 50/50 shot of Remove Fire?

Assuming that's the case, I'm thinking the way to go with this is Remove Lightning, Remove Attack, then craft Multimod for Fire Spell Damage + Trigger Spell. Anything I'm missing?

wand.JPG

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Got this from an Essence craft for VD/DD Necro. There's no clever way to ditch the burning, right? Just a 50/50 shot of Remove Fire?

Assuming that's the case, I'm thinking the way to go with this is Remove Lightning, Remove Attack, then craft Multimod for Fire Spell Damage + Trigger Spell. Anything I'm missing?

View attachment 284189

the fire damage is for attacks, this is a vender item.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
you could do prefixes cant be changed and then remove fire right? Dunno how much you like the lightning dmg? .. if not you could also try remove lightning and then suffix to prefix hope you hit the burning and not AS and that your new prefix is either good or easy to remove..

the fire damage is for attacks, this is a vender item.

Its good with spellslinger

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got this from an Essence craft for VD/DD Spellslinger* Necro. There's no clever way to ditch the burning, right? Just a 50/50 shot of Remove Fire?

View attachment 284189

Be careful with that Increased Lightning Damage. Check your Wave of Conviction damage in PoB. If it's lightning hit is higher, it will apply Exposure to lightning instead of fire, which you definitely don't want.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well hell, fortuitous time for a patch update. I was so focused on the rest of the mods that I totally spaced on the fact that the Fire damage is considered an Attack mod (even with Kiroy saying as much), and when I would go to Remove Attack for the AS I'd have a 50% chance of bricking it :O

wand2.JPG

I've never done the "affixes can't be changed", if I put prefix can't be changed, and then scour, only the 3 suffixes (AS, burning, prefix can't be changed) would be removed, and all 3 prefixes would remain?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes thats how it works. Theres also a harvest craft that should do the same thing. The keep all prefix one. if you or someone you know has it could save you 2 ex.
1594339829433.png

I haven't done the math when it comes to the spellslinger cooldown but shouldn't AS be decent atleast for spellslinger?

edit: so i tried this out and apparently it doesnt wipe your suffixes...it can give you new ones.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok thanks. I'm SSF so this is the wand I've been building towards. Finally got a T1 Fire Essence (two actually, so I do have a backup wand but all the other stats are garbage, it'd take a lot more work) and so I wanna use my Exalts to get my Trigger Spells going, and might as well do the whole multimod thing to boot.

I'm not averse to AS, but what I'm leaning towards now is crafting one junk suffix to fill suffixes, then Remove Lightning, and then Augment Fire (I have a Lucky one in my station). Looking at Craft of Exile, I see 5 prefixes I could hit: Fire % Damage, Fire # Spell Damage, Fire Gem Level (maybe blocked because I have +1 spell already?), Fire -> Extra Chaos Damage, and Fire DoT. So I have either 1/5 or 1/4 (if I can't get fire gem) chance of a bad outcome with the DoT. Otherwise, I'd have 3 very strong prefixes, and could then re-craft over the junk suffix for No Prefix, then Scour, then multimod into Trigger and one more suffix.

I'm actually looking real hard at 13-15% chance for Double Damage while Focused. This build is very loose with hotkeys, and I see I could work towards getting a few other interesting Focus mods, like 36% AS on gloves. I'll probably end up doing that just for the novelty (never used Focus before) and hope it works out.

Caeden

That’s the best spellslinger thread out there. You’ll notice most people don’t do it right. Isn’t the spellslinger CDR enchant best in slot for any spellslinger build?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I see a lot of people that are bitching about how they just want GGG to take Harvest crafting and condense it down into currency or essences which feels to me that they are missing one of the reasons that Harvest crafting feels so good. Mainly, you can do it all yourself and don't have to trade to do it. If they offload the crafting back on to drops then they once again force people into the trading system that everyone hates.

I'm as surprised as anyone about how good the actual crafting turned out in this league despite the mechanics being shit, but I wonder if GGG will actually learn any lessons from this league.

Caeden

I like harvest. I’ve made several items I’ve sold for a few Ex and made shit for myself too.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is this actually worth a lot? Can't find anything exactly like it on trade, but ones with all but one affix are 5ex+.

Open prefix, so it's 400 pdps with just a 17-30 flat phys craft. Up to 453 pdps with a lucky phys slam from farmville. Plus it wouldn't be terribly hard to remove that LGoH using a Life annul either.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
just searching 1h swords with 400+ pdps starts from 2ex. Specifically gladius theres only 1 for 4 ex...why you'd have to have a gladius is anyones guess though.