Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw there's 2 legions right next to each other, didn't think that was possible?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you haven't played Arakaali's Fang, it's a very fun build. The clunkiness of having to summon new spiders on boss fights is a downer compared to watching a swarm of ADHD spooders destroy screens. The summoner's movements speed gates your clear speed, the spiders do everything else.

Theorycrafting a VD/Spellslinger because rerolling is what I do. Some questions:

• Why is almost no one playing a crit version of the build? I mocked up a level 90 version of the build and it seems quite feasible, especially considering the dps boost you get.
  • Lot's of people playing glancing blows when Bone Offering, Rumi's, and some block nodes gets you much more. This is a meager investment since Bone Offering is basically free(you're not going to run the other two...) and the block nodes have decent side benefits.
  • Pathing to the bottom left for basically life nodes and instant warcry keystone. Is this just a side effect of people copying a hardcore-playing streamer? This seems going off the deep end in survivability while hamstringing your dps. Also, in this build, I don't think Enduring Cry is THAT good.
  • Shamefully few people running Bladeblast in their trigger setups.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bladeblast trigger only really works if you're manually creating blades. Triggered blades from bladefall are halved.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm assuming you're referring to Ziz as the hardcore streamer? I'm following his build, and I really like Enduring Cry. But it's odd you mention Bladeblast because he does in fact use that as one of his 3 trigger spells. What's the third trigger people use after WoC and Bone Offering?

I'm such a flask whore that I always look to replace health flask ASAP. Back when I did Occultist I'd just use Vaal Discipline as my 'heal', but now Enduring Cry easily takes that spot (not ES build obv). I even threw 3 points into Escalation, so EC has something like a 3.6 cooldown and heals for an immediate 600 and then 2k over 1 second. And it has the added benefit of being 'over time' so it's not removed should you top off your HP but then take another hit (like a flask would). It fits my playstyle really well, despite being on softcore.

My question is, how much of an effect do the two 15% corpse HP nodes next to Undertaker have? Is that kind of thing shown in PoB? Seems like it'd be an awful lot more damage, but of course it'd have to be worth the long trek from Heart and Soul.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm assuming you're referring to Ziz as the hardcore streamer? I'm following his build, and I really like Enduring Cry. But it's odd you mention Bladeblast because he does in fact use that as one of his 3 trigger spells. What's the third trigger people use after WoC and Bone Offering?

I'm such a flask whore that I always look to replace health flask ASAP. Back when I did Occultist I'd just use Vaal Discipline as my 'heal', but now Enduring Cry easily takes that spot (not ES build obv). I even threw 3 points into Escalation, so EC has something like a 3.6 cooldown and heals for an immediate 600 and then 2k over 1 second. And it has the added benefit of being 'over time' so it's not removed should you top off your HP but then take another hit (like a flask would). It fits my playstyle really well, despite being on softcore.

My question is, how much of an effect do the two 15% corpse HP nodes next to Undertaker have? Is that kind of thing shown in PoB? Seems like it'd be an awful lot more damage, but of course it'd have to be worth the long trek from Heart and Soul.
Bladeblast is being used 8% of players that 5+ link VD with spellslinger. Most people I'm seeing are using Wave of Conviction, a curse, and an offering. The ability to offload cursing to a ring, corrupted gloves, or CoH setup is much easier than being able to offload Unnerving, thus Bladeblast should have higher priority in the trigger setup.

So you're not binding Enduring Cry to left-click move? That seems like heavy investment just to replace a flask. Maybe worth it, not sure. Still feels more like a "In the area" skill than one you go out of your way for.

Hard to say about corpse explosions. With conc effect and spell cascade, how many hit a humanoid boss?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bone offering seems broken to me. I decided to try it out and I’m essentially invincible now. It’s far too much defense for the amount of investment. I expect a nerf coming next league so if you’re gonna check it out I suggest doin it now

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
This is mine. (I'm using the community fork of PoB though)

Code:
https://pastebin.com/HvTrkC78

I had a small hurdle too over lab and around T3-T5 maps. What I did though was commander of darkness -> plaguebringer -> corpsebringer -> mistress of sacrifice. In hindsight, offering makes a HUGE difference defensively (it's unbelieveable, really). So get a wand with trigger skills ASAP, and if I had to re-do it again I would choose Mistress of Sacrifice -> Commander of Darkness -> Plaguebringer -> Corpsebringer. OR, if your resistances are already capped, do Mistress -> Plague -> Corpse -> Commander.

Call to Arms is great too, to ensure you keep enduring cry up at all times. The last defense thing you need is Xiba gem which replaces the Agnostic. This isn't shown on PoB, but it causes your chaos res to cap at 85%, and half of all elemental damage hits chaos. As such, it's akin to having 81/80/80/85 to your resists with my build.

Here's another video of a T16 map clear with +40% additional monster life and -11% max res, to show how easy the clear is. And a second T16 map afterward, with betrayal, and a beefy AF metamorph with life regen, extra life, extra fire damage, and extra cold damage and the map itself is 40% resistance to elemental damage. I fucked up at the end of the boss fight though because I was standing in degen during spawning the metamorph and turned off one of my spellslingers lol, whoops. Recovered though in time.

You can see that I still have a ways to go for single target damage, but that Metamorph was extremely beefy, and you can see when I show my gear near the end, my gear is absolute dogshit. The most expensive piece, by far, is the inpulsas. But even if single target damage is shit, it doesn't matter when you can facetank just about everything.

The second map starts at 4:15 into the video.

Can you post your updated PoB?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
it was buffed in 3.10? Used to be you got 50% offering from the ascendancy, now its 75%.
3.8, it's been like this for almost a year. And Leash of Oblation has been in since 3.9. By itself, I don't think Bone Offering will get nerfed. Putting Glancing Blows on the tree might get it nerfed though.

Though, it took them a year to nerf VMS...

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This is mine. (I'm using the community fork of PoB though)

Code:
https://pastebin.com/HvTrkC78

I had a small hurdle too over lab and around T3-T5 maps. What I did though was commander of darkness -> plaguebringer -> corpsebringer -> mistress of sacrifice. In hindsight, offering makes a HUGE difference defensively (it's unbelieveable, really). So get a wand with trigger skills ASAP, and if I had to re-do it again I would choose Mistress of Sacrifice -> Commander of Darkness -> Plaguebringer -> Corpsebringer. OR, if your resistances are already capped, do Mistress -> Plague -> Corpse -> Commander.

Call to Arms is great too, to ensure you keep enduring cry up at all times. The last defense thing you need is Xiba gem which replaces the Agnostic. This isn't shown on PoB, but it causes your chaos res to cap at 85%, and half of all elemental damage hits chaos. As such, it's akin to having 81/80/80/85 to your resists with my build.

Here's another video of a T16 map clear with +40% additional monster life and -11% max res, to show how easy the clear is. And a second T16 map afterward, with betrayal, and a beefy AF metamorph with life regen, extra life, extra fire damage, and extra cold damage and the map itself is 40% resistance to elemental damage. I fucked up at the end of the boss fight though because I was standing in degen during spawning the metamorph and turned off one of my spellslingers lol, whoops. Recovered though in time.

You can see that I still have a ways to go for single target damage, but that Metamorph was extremely beefy, and you can see when I show my gear near the end, my gear is absolute dogshit. The most expensive piece, by far, is the inpulsas. But even if single target damage is shit, it doesn't matter when you can facetank just about everything.

The second map starts at 4:15 into the video.

I'm pretty newb and just did the lightning bolt miner, while I did spend about 20$ to get geared (not into crafting much), those clears don't seem much faster then my own build does at lvl 91.

The miner seems ridiculously OP.

On most blights I can just throw mines from off screen so I don't get attacked (mobs are all off screen) and just doing that wins the encounter.

• 1Triggered
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bone offering has been OP since Delve. Everyone just had the meta flesh offering so they weren't aware. My max block necros have been thriving for years. Get a life % on block shield, 7khp, and max resists and you're set to jet. Haven't played with it this league, but with Glancing Blows it should probably be nerfed.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
About to swap to VD spellslinger. So I talked to DW last night. I have a 6L Inpulsa and a 6L shavs. Both very well rolled. Either will net me a juicy profit for what I actually invested.

DW convinced me that pops are the way to go. Anyone want to make the opposite argument?

Also, was looking into crafting my own Large cluster jewel but holy shit. Fossils suck for it now. Everything sucks for it now. What’s the go to? Just YOLO harvest rolls?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
LL Shavs is just more dps, which you can get many other ways(CDR, crit, expensive gear, etc). Pops are much harder to get.

That DW guy was right.

Caeden

Also CDR is a fuckton cheaper to get on life gear than ES gear. Gearing for 52% CDR last league was obnoxious when running CI.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have no idea what CDR breakpoint to gear for as necro spellslinger. What's a reasonable amount of corpses to have consumed recently?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would go for 27%, 38%, then 52%.

I don't think going for the 69% breakpoint is worth it.

I have 30% helm enchant + 8% boots + 18% = 56% right now and it feels really good.

Caeden

^ what he said, but you also need attack speed to line up right. I only know that 52% wants around 10aps. I’ll have to look for exact numbers later. It’s pretty much the same server tick theorycrafting that is needed for CoC