Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
PSA for us casuals, the harvest boss spawns without warning the next time you enter your grove after finishing the collect 100. Blood pressure was definitely up being 80% into a level and fighting a never before seen boss. It was relatively easy but seemed very unrewarding.
Not true actually. You probably just accidentally clicked the oversized tag thing in the middle. That happened to me at 97% into my level. I was not pleased :).

They really need a confirmation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Anybody able to get Reshade working with the Vulkan renderer?

Using the latest version, tried running with the Reshade dialog open, as well as ticking "Enable Reshade in Vulkan globally" - no dice.

Works just fine with DX11, but keen to do some performance comparison. I just don't like the look of the game without some tweaking.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My performance has been dogshit lately. I do have a driver update waiting for my card, but last time I did it the whole thing went to shit.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
If I put a conqueror influence onto an incursion item, can it still roll incursion mods?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
That's good to know before I invested into rerolling some items, never did much crafting before.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
God, this league fucking blows. Too much plant, harvest, condense. Too many crafting options of dubious value or could be good but you don't have an item to take advantage of it yet(looking at you, fractured and synthesized implicits from T4 seeds...). I run a loot filter to remove the terrible shit that drops yet here it's shoved right in your face, look how you're wasting your time.

Too many people jizzing themselves over deterministic crafting while completely missing the point that if it wasn't for explodey chests and tailwind/elusive boots, no one would give a shit. Crafting projects where you can't completely block still suck. I've been trying to get Doryani's Lesson and Prismatic Heart on a lightning cluster jewel for weeks via life reforges and augs. GGG is going to nerf the system because the aforementioned are too easy(they are) while likely not doing anything for crafting as a whole.

HoT autobomber is pretty fun if squishy. About the only good thing likely to survive this league.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I tried but really, if I could stomach it, I’d just be making items for my standard characters that can already play the same exact content right now. The irony is that I am playing standard right now and using all the old shit that’s gone there to rot but wouldn’t be doing it next league or the ones following it provided they aren’t similar to this one.

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
I tried but really, if I could stomach it, I’d just be making items for my standard characters that can already play the same exact content right now. The irony is that I am playing standard right now and using all the old shit that’s gone there to rot but wouldn’t be doing it next league or the ones following it provided they aren’t similar to this one.

I came here to see if anyone had quit league and had some golem shit like anima stone they would part with. Then I read this and wonder why I don't just roll my new chars on standard where i also have umpteen exalts and shit since I can't be bothered to do the gardens. I'm basically just rolling ascendencies I have never played before to see how they play.

Last league i got lucky and got -1% mana reserved corruption on conqueror's efficiency and sold it for 19 exalts. This league I am poor as shit and just doesn't feel fun using the gardens with low play time.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
God, this league fucking blows. Too much plant, harvest, condense. Too many crafting options of dubious value or could be good but you don't have an item to take advantage of it yet(looking at you, fractured and synthesized implicits from T4 seeds...). I run a loot filter to remove the terrible shit that drops yet here it's shoved right in your face, look how you're wasting your time.

Too many people jizzing themselves over deterministic crafting while completely missing the point that if it wasn't for explodey chests and tailwind/elusive boots, no one would give a shit. Crafting projects where you can't completely block still suck. I've been trying to get Doryani's Lesson and Prismatic Heart on a lightning cluster jewel for weeks via life reforges and augs. GGG is going to nerf the system because the aforementioned are too easy(they are) while likely not doing anything for crafting as a whole.

HoT autobomber is pretty fun if squishy. About the only good thing likely to survive this league.

I suggest buying one with pristmatic+stormrider(or w/e you want) then add/removing life for doryani. Then again, maybe I was extremely lucky when I hit it in one add/remove. Granted, I failed and rolled on a 9socket.

If this goes core it will only benefit the top end crafters. Based on every other league, unless one target farms for it it will be interacted with so infrequently that it won't matter to 99% of players. The system should be nerfed or expanded. There are more mirror tier items that only took 50-100ex to craft than usual. But, there are still plenty of 200-500ex projects to keep mirror prices high. I'm sure the crafting guild would love no nerfs.

The hot autobomber is great for farming seeds/sirus spawning. Maybe I haven't invested enough or built it properly for it to be anything more.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Deterministic crafting with the flaw that some stuff isn't really targetable at all is still the best crafting the game has ever had. Nobody should even be calling regular PoE "crafting" by that name anyway. It's gambling, pure and simple, and it's so rigged against the average player (or even far, far above average poopsocker without a trade guild supporting him) with dozens of layers of RNG that you'd have to be insane to even try.

That jewel doesn't look to be worth enough to agonize over unless I'm missing some other requirement you have for it. I'd just buy the finished product, or at least one that could be finished easily.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I came here to see if anyone had quit league and had some golem shit like anima stone they would part with. Then I read this and wonder why I don't just roll my new chars on standard where i also have umpteen exalts and shit since I can't be bothered to do the gardens. I'm basically just rolling ascendencies I have never played before to see how they play.

Last league i got lucky and got -1% mana reserved corruption on conqueror's efficiency and sold it for 19 exalts. This league I am poor as shit and just doesn't feel fun using the gardens with low play time.

That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing. I try different skills, level them for some amount of time to see how they get along then retool one of my mid 90s characters to do some end game with it. I have enough gear to build the skill in different ways and get some ideas of what I’d actually shoot for in a league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Finished product is 3+ ex. Problem is there's 2 life suffixes on these jewels and significant portion of non-harvest-tag mods, so blocking for successful aug is really hard. Which would explain the price.

Not sure I want to invest that much more into this character, he falls over far too much versus the tougher content. I realize this is a bit of just frustrated ranting. I have to remind myself to go to the garden to plant seeds, the rewards are that unappealing. I'll admit I'm probably not connecting some dots, I was definitely not doing tailwind boots correctly at first. But kinda like Synthesis, they failed to make this intuitive. Maybe they can't?

Vorph

What second suffix do you need? If you don't care, just start with a clean[able] suffix jewel, life aug it twice and you're done.

Or go the alt-aug route with an elemental jewel instead of lightning and just roll the two mods that way. Slight loss in damage, but CoE shows it being much easier to roll.

My beef with the system is that you still have to deal with a hell of a lot of PLAYERINTERACTION garbage to get anything done. I want to make a hat, for example. I don't mind having to get the two bases and set them up properly with an awakener orb, but the next step after that is to buy dozens/hundreds of fossils and resonators in order to roll the initial setup that I can then work off of in farmville. I think about doing that and then I go play some other game instead (because first it's a hat, then it's the wand, shield, chest, boots, and jewelry after that). It's still way better than any other league though; at least if I did make/buy the base I would be able to turn it into a finished item, whereas in previous leagues that would have been completely unattainable too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
After enjoying the fruits of self crafting in this league I have decided that if they do not implement Harvest style targeted crafting in a semi-accessible form then I may just not play again. It is too enjoyable and when I am ramming my face on the keyboard in the future because I cannot get the gear I need through trade or craft all I will be thinking is that Harvest crafting ruined this.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I suggest buying one with pristmatic+stormrider(or w/e you want) then add/removing life for doryani. Then again, maybe I was extremely lucky when I hit it in one add/remove. Granted, I failed and rolled on a 9socket.

If this goes core it will only benefit the top end crafters. Based on every other league, unless one target farms for it it will be interacted with so infrequently that it won't matter to 99% of players. The system should be nerfed or expanded. There are more mirror tier items that only took 50-100ex to craft than usual. But, there are still plenty of 200-500ex projects to keep mirror prices high. I'm sure the crafting guild would love no nerfs.

The hot autobomber is great for farming seeds/sirus spawning. Maybe I haven't invested enough or built it properly for it to be anything more.
Nope. That’s what I did for some fire ones and sold them since I’m crit and I don’t care to craft the crit ones to go with it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What second suffix do you need? If you don't care, just start with a clean[able] suffix jewel, life aug it twice and you're done.

Or go the alt-aug route with an elemental jewel instead of lightning and just roll the two mods that way. Slight loss in damage, but CoE shows it being much easier to roll.

My beef with the system is that you still have to deal with a hell of a lot of PLAYERINTERACTION garbage to get anything done. I want to make a hat, for example. I don't mind having to get the two bases and set them up properly with an awakener orb, but the next step after that is to buy dozens/hundreds of fossils and resonators in order to roll the initial setup that I can then work off of in farmville. I think about doing that and then I go play some other game instead (because first it's a hat, then it's the wand, shield, chest, boots, and jewelry after that). It's still way better than any other league though; at least if I did make/buy the base I would be able to turn it into a finished item, whereas in previous leagues that would have been completely unattainable too.

I was shooting for Prismatic Heart, Doryani's Lesson, third notable is flexible, and 2nd suffix is meh. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but your first suggestion would block the third notable because it would be taken by +max life?

I'll look into elemental instead of lightning, the smaller mod pool might make alt-aug reasonable.

Agreed on the player interaction. I think people would play a lot longer if it wasn't for trading. I reroll a lot(I want to say I'm over 7 this league?) and the part I always dread the most is getting to maps, transitioning out of twink gear and into 5-10c rares(that I didn't buy ahead of time because fuck that). And of course, I frequently push those cheap rares far longer than I should, get frustrated, think the build sucks, and reroll.

Do leagues become 1-2 D3 seasons if they implement an AH? Does trading's inherent inefficiency add "item weight" as Chris put it recently?

Vorph

I was shooting for Prismatic Heart, Doryani's Lesson, third notable is flexible, and 2nd suffix is meh. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but your first suggestion would block the third notable because it would be taken by +max life?
For first method, I'd either get the prefixes squared away first or at least have a dummy one with an easily removable tag, then slam life and hope for the best. Worst case you hit regen and slam it a second time to get the notable.

I suspect the alt-aug route is probably easier though(?). Hard to say without knowing exactly what you want as a second prefix.

Agreed on the player interaction. I think people would play a lot longer if it wasn't for trading. I reroll a lot(I want to say I'm over 7 this league?) and the part I always dread the most is getting to maps, transitioning out of twink gear and into 5-10c rares(that I didn't buy ahead of time because fuck that). And of course, I frequently push those cheap rares far longer than I should, get frustrated, think the build sucks, and reroll.
Having similar problem myself right now. I just got my necro to maps, with completely terrible gear. I've got a rather paltry amount of currency, and about 30-40 ex worth of items between my previous character and the stuff from my friend's miner that I can liquidate. The thought of pricing and selling it all and then buying/crafting the new stuff is just overwhelming.

Do leagues become 1-2 D3 seasons if they implement an AH? Does trading's inherent inefficiency add "item weight" as Chris put it recently?
Exactly the opposite, at least for me anyway.

Personally, I wish Chris would take his chinabux and retire. I think him stubbornly clinging to his rose-tinted vision of what D2 was like has been holding PoE back for years. I doubt it would change much in PoE at this point, but I'd love to see PoE2 free from his influence.

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Personally, I wish Chris would take his chinabux and retire. I think him stubbornly clinging to his rose-tinted vision of what D2 was like has been holding PoE back for years. I doubt it would change much in PoE at this point, but I'd love to see PoE2 free from his influence.

Especially this part. Well said.