Path of Exile

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Several thousand seeds later and I just realized I should have been batching seed types I want together to use the bonus flowers with instead of just random auto-planting. Well, shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
You get enough flowers to use on your T1s?

Never used them on T1s before, but I saved up a bunch of fire seeds for a triple harvest and plopped down the hort and fortune ones for them. Got about 25 total aug, remove or aug+remove crafts from it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still seems like a waste to use them on anything but Speed/Crit in the lower tiers, unless you're just looking to avoid Discord entirely (which is definitely understandable).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ve been using them to get aug/rem life to do a semi-SSF but I’m losing interest in the league so I might turn to discord to finish the items.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Some weird interaction with meta crafts and seed crafting when trying to make a spellslinger wand. Had t1 spell damage, put on can't roll caster mods to try and get the big fire damage range. Only used fire crafts, and it kept fire damage over time affix in the pool, which is a caster mod.

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
I had some weird stuff happen with seed crafting too. I had an open prefix on a ring and did augment caster mod, the only available caster mod was spell damage and it gave me +energy shield. The other time I did remove/add defense, i read the craft like 5 time to make sure it was not remove non defense/add defense, and it removed my 30% move speed and gave me +evasion/ES.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Breaking shit is part of the appeal of this game. Granted, I don't have the time anymore nor am big brained enough(mostly the latter) to come up with this esoteric shit. But, when someone else does, I certainly can understand it and appreciate it.

Herald stacking was a bad way to break the game. GGG was warned before league release, on reddit, that this was going to happen. Obvious imbalances makes your QA look bad. Though, I suspect with GGG and being QA myself, there's likely something more system going on.

This kind of shit, a league later, when it's harder to roll cluster jewels, that's cool. It's not cheap enough nor zoom zoom enough to break the meta.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
They don't like immunity builds at all at GGG, so yeah, it's getting the nerf bat. Any word on the new league?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Of course it will, but hopefully they won't remove cluster jewels to do it. I had the same reaction to herald stacking and I'm kinda annoyed it's still around. But this kind of thing shouldn't knee-jerk cluster jewels.

Path of Exile: Warlords of Wraeclast launches on September 18th.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They did at least drive the cost of herald stacking to the heavens now I think. It’s not getting played a lot.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Statistically, you're correct. Optically, it's essentially Headhunter. Among those most visible(streamers), it's being played at a decent rate.

Octavian mentioned that he had asked his twitch chat whether Headhunter should exist. The answer was overwhelmingly no. He seemed a bit surprised but my reaction was kinda "duh". Chris says it's important to have chase items, but for people that will never have the time to get one or effectively use it, what does HH represent besides content you'll never get to experience?

I feel herald stacking is more of the same. We just need another Legion league for the masses to get mad about it. Fractured, free sextants, triple beyond, fully delirious, T19, 10+ T1 seed plot maps are kinda the same thing. Only it's obfuscated behind so much bullshit map-juicing setup that it's harder for the outrage train to get started. But don't mistake, HH(or a tricked out build later in the league) as a requirement to run those maps is warping the league economy just like it was in Legion with 5 ways.

• 1Like