Path of Exile

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Losing 10c per day at the moment.

So in 1 - 2 weeks Chaos will be worth more? lol.

1603304948594.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
May give that a go. Nothing is grabbing me.
Got the idea, and others, from this guy. I've changed it for instant war cry because fuck interrupting combat 0.5s. That is 100% serious. If you don't like the playstyle/clear/whatever, it's really easy to switch to Burning Arrow and keep 95% of the same tree.

Maybe after Mathil, he's had the highest rate of "oooh, I want to try that". Which isn't a fair comparison because Mathil does not farm the same difficulty of content.

You could always blow your currency on an aura stacker, get your cat pet, and come back next league.

And give me your gear.

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That post from Chris puzzles me in one aspect, have any companies outside the obvious (food, groceries to a degree, pharmacy/hospitals) not realized they can fully staff a remote workforce significantly cheaper at this point? Why does it matter if their dev's don't live in.... New Zealand isn't it? They could have 24/7 dev cycles rotating through time zones assuming the dev work was something you could pick up and continue (not sure if thats realistic or not).

dizzie

Triggered Happy
How difficult are the challenges this league? I'm thinking about installing again after a 6 month break. What's the flavour of the month build? - So I can avoid that. Looks like minions from looking at ninja. Anything stand out good that's cheapo as a starter and fast? If not I'll just roll a ball lightning miner again maybe as that was strong, but it's quite tedious to play mines for long stretches.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think GGG said at one time their workers get deals from the government for having their workers living in NZ and that's why all their help wanted deals say you have to be willing to move to NZ. Now as far as working from home, no idea.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, they have to prove they can't find the talent from within NZ. Which basically means exhaustively trying to fill an opening for years.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If any of you are looking for a fun melee build to try for relatively cheap, Hollow Palm anything is pretty good right now. The number of %dex implicit synth items are everywhere for 1c bases. The downside is you've got ~3 less slots to gear, but it's very easy to get 5m+ Sirus DPS on a budget and if you go evasion/dodge the lack of big health isn't even an issue. I think about 75% of my guild has done one this league. Mathil had a Frenzy build one of my guildmates copied and he absolutely destroys bosses. Somewhere in the 20m+ dps range. I and others have done Ice Crash which is really nice with warcries if you can fit the gems in. The Smiter one was really good for clear, but a newer player was making it so the single target may not have been great. We had an Infernal Blow guy too, but he stopped playing because alt quality IB literally crashed your game until about 2 weeks ago. I've got Cyclone/Glad for bleed explosions and it's pretty fucking great, but if you can get good explode chest I think Champion gains like 25% more dps putting you at the 10m+ DPS marker with moderate gear (outside of the explodey chest).

Also one of the best ways to level. Get Astramentis. Slot One With Nothing. Punch everything to death until Yellow Maps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Well, I know my janky build is janky but zhp delving is just the right level of difficulty, frustration, and fun. I'm going to have to sell off the higher end items from it and try to copy someone's esatablished build--that I can afford at least. Maybe even try the ice shot miner. It's going to be a long grind.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you could do chaos recipe in red maps, I bet it would be worthwhile in this fucked up economy.

Just to beat a dead horse: this is another example of other players affecting my gameplay. Just like the Headhunter and fractured map conversation we had last league but much more impactful. I can't actually wrap my head around whether it's good or bad for me personally that exalts are so damn cheap. I just know that I don't like the behavior of a few affecting the economy of the many.

I wonder if it would be less work for GGG to balance a truly viable SSF. Legion, fractured map farming, 16c zana mod that was still too cheap, and fracturable blueprints that don't reroll the rewards. Whole lot of decisions they didn't seem to think through.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If headhunter prices stay where they are I actually stand a chance of affording one soon, which would be a first ever for me. But knowing my luck it’ll shoot past 5k chaos in the next week

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
(Adding to this pressure, our country's borders are closed which means our international hiring is frozen for the foreseeable future).

Their apprehension to remote work outside of country is more to blame for this than anything. They will hire internationally, but only if you move to NZ. NZ is a lovely place, but it's not a place everyone wants to go to.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No, they have to prove they can't find the talent from within NZ. Which basically means exhaustively trying to fill an opening for years.

Fun fact, the USA is the same way. It's very easy to abuse. You'll often hear commercials on the radio about hiring for a job in another city, and to apply, you have to send a *self addressed, stamped envelope* along with your resume, to <insert address spoken really, really fast>. No website, nothing. Just complicated rules to actually apply.

They don't want an American in this case. They want foreign labor, but they have to comply with the "No one in America can do this, we must hire super cheap indian labor!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fun fact, the USA is the same way. It's very easy to abuse. You'll often hear commercials on the radio about hiring for a job in another city, and to apply, you have to send a *self addressed, stamped envelope* along with your resume, to <insert address spoken really, really fast>. No website, nothing. Just complicated rules to actually apply.

They don't want an American in this case. They want foreign labor, but they have to comply with the "No one in America can do this, we must hire super cheap indian labor!
Oh, I'm sure it's abusable, but even that takes time. As in, time the position is not being filled.

And do you really think Chris Wilson is going to deprive himself of the enriching process of playerprospect interaction?

Xevy

Log Wizard
If anyone is bored and rich, take a look at Replica Forbidden Shakos. There's definitely some interesting builds to be had there. Saw some unreal ones for like 2-3ex a few weeks back. Kind of a build-starter item depending on what you can find.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Told Caeden Caeden that I would post this today. Watch it on mute, the stream sounds gayer than it looks.

It's kind of a meme build but has some potential(6 player HP Sirus AL8 is no joke). I've geared up to about half his dps and I have 2 issues with it:

4k hp is 4k hp. Sometimes shit is going to squish you. Spell poison doesn't get a lot of support on the tree, so it's hard justifying pathing to more hp nodes.

The build is kinda clunky moving between packs. I can't get the right cadence where I know whether I need to cast Storm Brand again to restart the spell casting loop or not. I would REALLY like something that helps carry the loop between packs. I tried Volatile Dead(too slow, I move faster than those fucking things), Blade Vortex(build uses it already and Blade Blast consumes it) and couldn't think of a way to incorporate Winter Orb. HoT might work?

Also, I can't figure out why the guy is using Hexblast as one of his CDWT spells. Might make sense with HoT but he's not using that.

I also doubt the usefulness of Ice Spear in terms of hitting lots of enemies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really wish I could get into this game. Had a couple of lvl 70+ toons with a bunch in the 40s, and it still doesnt grab me. My biggest issue personally is that I am never excited for the loot explosion. Dont think I have ever looted any item in this game that made me feel excited to have gotten the drop. 99%+ of the loot is either junk or some form of currency that you need 100s or 1000s of to try to upgrade a single piece of desirable loot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users