Path of Exile

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
afaik you can only use softcore/hardcore of either the current league or standard for your private league.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
This is pretty funny and it's also why I only play hardcore for 2-3 hours at a time. So easy to just fuck up royally and get punished in this game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hah. I did that earlier this league but only wiped out about 2-3ex, only I was trying to jeweler it. Bought another glove and I’ll be damned if I almost did it again.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck it. I loved blight. Come at me.
Blight league itself was pretty rough. The mechanic did not lend itself well to the "every map" style. Similar to Delirium, which I hated during 3.11 but I'm fine with seeing every once in a while.

What stood out to me about Blight is that it made me realize you should test league-specific items in that league. I had a lot of fun with a BoTB autobomber that league. I've wanted to revisit that build since then, but fuck paying almost a HH for one piece of a build.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Badge of the brotherhood. Absolutely ridiculous item they probably shouldn't have made in the first place.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yep. Haggling on c vs Ex has pissed me off. Had some Asian guy tell me I don’t understand numbers. The he suddenly reposted the item at a different price when he realized he hadn’t been watching the market.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Chris posted the reasoning behind the delay:

Pretty nice to have a candid response. The "if we launched we would be FUCKED" line was pretty funny. You can tell they're actually trying their best and reddit shitters are getting to them. Mentioning one out of 4 of the last year of leagues has been alpha tested will definitely be received poorly. I knew they had an alpha realm, but apparently it hasn't been a thing for quite some time because they just don't have time.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You can normally tell when things are kind on the downslide at GGG, at least in the past. Chris will post a long manifesto about how things are changing and they won't do that in the future, before they do it again lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean it's understandable some people are disappointed because they had no interest in Cyberpunk so the delay affects them for no real benefit, and so they complain, I don't think it's unjustified(as long as the complaint aren't sending death threats in twitter DMs or whatever other stupid shit). On the flipside if you can take a step back you can clearly know why they're doing. It's not like they tiptoe around every release either, but a very major gaming event like this(or a wow expansion, or a new GTA or Elder Scrolls or something of that caliber) will create a huge vortex on every social media and gaming circles. You can expect every gaming subreddit to be filled with Cyberpunk content, to have all the big and not so big streamers playing the game because that's where the views are going to be, and overall it just kills any momentum you have, and he has a point that's easily confirmed by Steam metrics that the first few weeks of a league are the most important, they have the most people and the new MTX so that's when they sell the most stuff. It'd be pretty fucking stupid to release at the same time as that.

Plus the mini league they can run inbetween has good chances to be just as fun anyway for people who really just want to play PoE.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got around to finishing up 36 challenges this league. Wern't that bad.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This change is borderline revolutionary for the game. I mean you won’t even really need dump quads anymore. This is huge and I expect a big increase in people’s ability to generate currency going forward. Probably the average person will eek out an extra 2-3 maps an hour just from that stash tab affinity change

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You still need quad dumps for like random shit/actual gear but it's a lot better to dump all the currency/maps/fragments/cards etc without having to sort them later. It's a really nice change.