Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m wondering if they plan to make some of the phys and damage over time nodes around duelist more generic. Felt like that reap skill was aimed at some archetypes on that area of the tree. Or maybe some adjustments to witch or assassin? Strength spells are interesting. Usually stat starved in the northern part of the tree.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The dev on the podcast after the trailer all but said explodey chest was getting destroyed/removed, but wouldn't just straight say it cause lol spoilers or some bullshit.

I'd expect we'll see all the current bleed nodes get changed to phys damage over time, similar to how the cluster jewels are worded. They previewed all those skills with a chieftan and they don't really work unless that area of the tree sees significant changes.

Caeden

The dev on the podcast after the trailer all but said explodey chest was getting destroyed/removed, but wouldn't just straight say it cause lol spoilers or some bullshit.

I'd expect we'll see all the current bleed nodes get changed to phys damage over time, similar to how the cluster jewels are worded. They previewed all those skills with a chieftan and they don't really work unless that area of the tree sees significant changes.
Trickster could also be a decent generic ascendency and decent area. Just do LL. Same for necro.

Also I guess the phys to fire works for the debuff?

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are they getting rid of other sources of easy explosions? Obliteration and Inpulsa slot into a lot of builds.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Those both have costs associated with them in that they are trash items aside from the actual explosion itself.

The chest mod fits on to a perfect chest roll for every build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll take Obliteration back. I was thinking it doesn't have any downside for phys-based chaos builds(i.e. poison), but the chance to explode means it's not as reliable.

I'm not certain I'd call Inpulsa trash. The cost is some other soon-to-be other expensive influence mods or 10% life gained as ES. In return you get shock immunity, decent increase to shock effectiveness, and global increased damage.

I'm not that crusader mod didn't have to be dealt with. It was certainly too ubiquitous for many builds. I remember Inpulsa feeling that way before crusader mod supplanted it. Obliteration kinda feels that way now. At least for the first few weeks.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So inpulsa says
"Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 5% of their Life as Lightning Damage which cannot Shock"
I'm not sure how to read that...Does it mean that only the lightning damage can't shock so if you convert it to non-lightning it can still shock with three dragon helm or elementalist "shaper of storms" (or a source of lighting/ele as extra chaos)?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kinda. The damage cannot shock no matter the type of damage it's dealing. Three Dragons or Call of The Brotherhood and then Herald of Ice were initially common ways to chain Inpulsa pops. Most builds use Storm's Gift now and just swap it out on bosses for that Delirium gloves.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Incoming Gladiator league what with a focus on blood skills AND it being one of the last ways to get explode pops cheaply? That and haemo glove prices heading to the moon?

I wonder if they'll change a bunch of things around in how phys damage over time/bleed passives and notables are worded to head that off before it happens.

Caeden

Incoming Gladiator league what with a focus on blood skills AND it being one of the last ways to get explode pops cheaply? That and haemo glove prices heading to the moon?

I wonder if they'll change a bunch of things around in how phys damage over time/bleed passives and notables are worded to head that off before it happens.
Depends. All that is bleed specific. The blood skills are nebulous dot debuff. Plus two of the new skills are spells and glad says attacks.

• 1Solidarity

Lightning Fast
Depends. All that is bleed specific. The blood skills are nebulous dot debuff. Plus two of the new skills are spells and glad says attacks.
Ahh, good call.

I also wonder if them splitting the blood magic support into those 2 new ones means they'll be looking at the Blood Magic + Mortal Conviction keystones? I've always wanted to play around with that sort of a build but POB says it's basically never worth it. I think it was more worth it back in the day before they nerfed the life nodes between those 2, but eh.

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
I definitely wouldn't try it as a league starter due to having been burned before, but I wonder if there's a good 'blood inquisitor' build lurking out there.

It would involve:
-one of the new blood spells. Reap looks the coolest to me.
-reserving half your life to be on LL.
-reserving all your mana because you're spending life on skills/spells.
-pious path for lots of regen of life and ES.
-lots of ES for backup to being down 50% of your life. We know that the standard life/ES hybrid stuff for Inquis is super solid.
-that new petrified life gem of course.
-1 or 2 of the other new blood supports? Dunno.
-phys-to-ele conversion? That's probably not necessary, but might be spicy.
-something else I'm not thinking of?
-that one hat that totally could pass for the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition sketch.

When are patch notes again? :I'm Fine:

EDIT: Thinking on this a bit more, what about a combo of Reap + Battlemage + Brain Rattler (huge phys converted to Lightning) + Stormfire ring (lightning -> ignite)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With Reap, Exsanguinate and Corrupting Blood all being spells is there a way of using any of those as your main skills while still being able to get bleeds on things?

Lightning Fast
With Reap, Exsanguinate and Corrupting Blood all being spells is there a way of using any of those as your main skills while still being able to get bleeds on things?
I'm not certain about it being the only way, but the Venopuncture ring is the only item I see with the 'on hit' tag and not 'melee', 'attack', or attached to a weapon which always means 'hits with this weapon' to my knowledge.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I hope GGG takes this league for QOL and performance updates. A good number of the reward improvements are just reverting nerfs from the past. I like that it's another mapping league. I hope self-curse and self-poison don't get nerfed. Did anyone else laugh that Chris took 47 seconds to talk about an unnecessary buff and nerf to his beloved talismans?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Reap could be good, physical damage over time but a spell could open some interesting gear and tree choices. They said they are changing bleed nodes to affect reap but you know things Wilson and crew says during Q&As in the past did not always make it into the game.

Concerned about the "we are looking at exploding chest and other similar mechanics" during the Ziggy D Q&A. Also the Vaal Righteous fire nerf hrmpf.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Oh yeah, God forbid a small fraction of players slot in vaal RF to do extra damage bossing without explicitly gearing for it. Can't have that shit.

This entire dev team is fucking retarded.

• 1Like

Caeden

I think the explode mod for rare chests is gone. And it should be. It’s a bandaid for shitty design of about 80% of skills.

frankly, the content changes should have included outright removing a few of the things, but whatever. I sorta got the sense that they’re just letting shit go wild in poe1 this year since poe2 is much further out than even they expected.

also “well rolled” needs to happen to loot off bosses imo.

• 1Ding!

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I kinda wish they could turn away from exploding entire screens in general, not just with ae on death effects. The PoE 2 clip did look great, but aside from the required bosses, that's all shit you'd run past in a normal map because nobody bothers with killing 2-3 mobs. Reducing the amount of mobs would help with clarity. I've been doing my last challenge parts, and with the reveal fresh on my mind the clusterfuck of effects inside the tiny ritual area felt especially annoying today.

I doubt they will do that, simply because they are afraid of the player reaction. I noticed how Chris tried to avoid causing reddit outcry and said they don't want to take away the zoom when he was pressed in the Q&A.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The kind of gameplay we saw with the spear skills and all the dodging in and out and use of combos and such was neat but is any of that going to be present in the end-game? The run-around-exploding-everything-gottagofastgottagofast stuff is Path of Exile. A sequel is a fine time to do a major shift in style but I wonder if GGG will find themselves trapped between a desire to do something different and people rejecting it because it is different.

• 1Like