Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ronne ronne I'm not looking too heavily into Reap or Exsanguinate. Reap looks kinda boring without Awakened Spell Cascade. And Exsanguinate looks like it requires Chain, and they certainly seemed to have balanced it's damage numbers around that assumption. Skills that rely heavily on Chain don't do well in high density.

TBH, I'm only looking at a fast hitting bleed build because of Corrupting Fever. New way to build a bleed build. I'm still quite worried about the playstyle being ass.

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule That is what I meant ;)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My wife just surprised me with birthday dinner reservations this Friday and I’ve never been so disappointed in my life

Depending on where you live you can hire a guy to take her out for the night. Just saying. She might enjoy it, or not even notice it's not you heh.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

At gem level 20, The Cruelty buff provides 15.85% more damage over time to skills supported by Cruelty when the hit does 0.01% of the monster's maximum life and 50% more damage over time to skills supported by Cruelty when the hit does 3.2% of the monster's maximum life.

Looks like they using the scaling similar to ailment threshold. So on a Shaper target, you would need to hit for ~800k to get full buff. I doubt any build scaling hit and dot is going to hit that hard. Now, to hit hard enough that it's better than the next best support? Not sure, dots already have a pretty good amount of support unless it's chaos dots and you're stuck with shit like void manipulation. But, if you're scaling hit and dot, you're talking about NOT using Deadly Ailments, which is a 60% more.

IDK, Cruelty support seems DoA(surprise!) in my 5 minutes of authoritive napkin math.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The more I look at the mana reservation the more I feel like you’re gonna have to use prism guardian to do what I wanted to do and go LL.

I’ll play with it tonight I guess.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

Looks like they using the scaling similar to ailment threshold. So on a Shaper target, you would need to hit for ~800k to get full buff. I doubt any build scaling hit and dot is going to hit that hard. Now, to hit hard enough that it's better than the next best support? Not sure, dots already have a pretty good amount of support unless it's chaos dots and you're stuck with shit like void manipulation. But, if you're scaling hit and dot, you're talking about NOT using Deadly Ailments, which is a 60% more.

IDK, Cruelty support seems DoA(surprise!) in my 5 minutes of authoritive napkin math.

It also says '25% increased affect of cruelty', so doesn't that mean instead of 3.2% of hp for 50%, it's 3.2% for 62.5%? That puts it pretty close to deadly ailments right there, and there's also the 29% more hit multiplier to consider. It looks like you're straight up replacing deadly ailments with cruelty in most any bleed setup, assuming that it works that way.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It also says '25% increased affect of cruelty', so doesn't that mean instead of 3.2% of hp for 50%, it's 3.2% for 62.5%? That puts it pretty close to deadly ailments right there, and there's also the 29% increased more hit multiplier to consider. It looks like you're straight up replacing deadly ailments with cruelty in most any bleed setup, assuming that it works that way.
Show me a dot build that's hitting for 3.2% of Shaper's ailment threshold.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Show me a dot build that's hitting for 3.2% of Shaper's ailment threshold.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pretty sure reap and friends are a trap. Gonna just be worse than ED due to poor tree support.

You might be able to drag them in to end game with heavy cluster jewel use?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, it's definitely a trap. Poorly thought out synergy right now. Going to be big disappointment for most people at the beginning of the league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure reap and friends are a trap. Gonna just be worse than ED due to poor tree support.

You might be able to drag them in to end game with heavy cluster jewel use?
Was Blade Blast the last good main skill the league it was introduced? And then before that?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Was Blade Blast the last good main skill the league it was introduced? And then before that?

Blade blast was slept on for quite a while before people even realized how good it was cause it required more than 1 button press.

But yea, I guess bladestorm was fine-ish? Even if it's a bit clunky. How old is lacerate? That's been good since inception.

Winter orb wasn't that long ago and was pretty fucking busted no? I didn't play that league though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yeah, it's definitely a trap. Poorly thought out synergy right now. Going to be big disappointment for most people at the beginning of the league.

I can't figure a way to make it work. Reap has the same dot component as ED but like like infinity less scaling options. They added like two new wheels but that just isn't close to enough.

I think if you had actual money to work with you could force it by stacking medium clusters, but fuuuuuuck rolling those.

Maybe I'm missing something and the hit+dot on reap scale better than I think it does? I hope so, but I sure don't see it.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't figure a way to make it work. Reap has the same dot component as ED but like like infinity less scaling options. They added like two new wheels but that just isn't close to enough.

I think if you had actual money to work with you could force it by stacking medium clusters, but fuuuuuuck rolling those.

Maybe I'm missing something and the hit+dot on reap scale better than I think it does? I hope so, but I sure don't see it.
It appears that it literally only synergizes with scion and maybe necro or trickster. Then the actual tree is shit. You can get a workable non-cluster tree with scion then it just ends up like a weak ED at best. Reap scaling the hit might work but I feel like maybe assassin and crit is it, but I’d still say assassin storm brand or BV is categorically better. Just shit changes to support it. And to get the dmg up enough to make a reasonable start required some very non-starter investment. Like you said it needs cluster jewels and jewels galore to scale.

I’m dropping back to my fallback of bf/bb since I’d never tried it and it seems still ok.

blade blast, bladestorm, perforate, and Soulrend were all pretty good on release. Perforate’s main drawback was the absurdly small single target range but you could delete bosses with it. Both perforate and bladestorm are better now. Soulrend got dumpstered and never recovered.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider

Correct me if i'm wrong but deadly ailments doesn't work for reap because it doesn't bleed.

In general i'd be pretty hesitant to play either reap or exsanguinate. One is a sweep and the other looks even worse for mapping and the last few supports you can get aren't the best i think.
Possible theres a cyclone CoC reap+ex with corrupting fever because cyclone will stack that up fast. Do it with a staff and you can get fortify on a large cluster too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Correct me if i'm wrong but deadly ailments doesn't work for reap because it doesn't bleed.

In general i'd be pretty hesitant to play either reap or exsanguinate. One is a sweep and the other looks even worse for mapping and the last few supports you can get aren't the best i think.
Possible theres a cyclone CoC reap+ex with corrupting fever because cyclone will stack that up fast. Do it with a staff and you can get fortify on a large cluster too.
It doesn't. I was thinking of building a hit/bleed build, but I can't get the numbers to work that make Cruelty worthy it. Napkin math on Corrupting Fever doesn't look great either.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Best I can spitball for Reap is scion using glad/necro. Get big black, the dot multi from glad, and the split tree allows you not spend too much traveling.

Still looks kind of shit?