Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Question about rerolling for the more experienced players. Typically I reroll from my league start too early and basically level up another league starter and never get to endgame because it takes so long to gear up and level gems etc. This league I think I’m going to stick with my league starter until I have about 50 ex. That way when I hit level 70 I can buy a full set of endgame gear and with level 21/20 gems and try to knock out some bosses. Is that what you guys typically do?
Whatever you do, do the opposite of me.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Question about rerolling for the more experienced players. Typically I reroll from my league start too early and basically level up another league starter and never get to endgame because it takes so long to gear up and level gems etc. This league I think I’m going to stick with my league starter until I have about 50 ex. That way when I hit level 70 I can buy a full set of endgame gear and with level 21/20 gems and try to knock out some bosses. Is that what you guys typically do?
Roll an easy, established build you don't completely hate. A lot of slammers/spectres/cycloners are a great way to start because you can get to red maps easily on self-found gear then juice up if you need to for big bossing etc (spectres may be weaker for true bossing). Then you basically play that character until you either get some item that is amazing for your next build or you have enough currency to start.

Do NOT start with an experimental build or a new skill. You'll regret it. I do it 1/2 the leagues and it almost always backfires into about deep yellow/early red maps. A lot of people do this and when they don't know the tricks and tips to maximize their build get frustrated and quit. Going ezmode to build out your early currency and your map pool/Atlas is definitely the smart play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider

day 2 in league you'll see a lot of builds that have to be easy to gear and solid or they wont be at the top of the ladder this early. their staying power is questionable though as more gear becomes available.

u can go out to day4-5 too for more options. i wouldknt go too far beyond as then some builds will be using expensive shit

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol they nerfed beast farming in parties.

This league is gonna rock. Economy in shambles, all hail the new economy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Darn, they nerfed worm blaster. Don't know if it's still feasible.

lul, double nerfed. Saw the "bug" fix to Mother's Belt and thought it was maybe still feasible. Change to Null's Inclination definitely kills it. Hope someone comes up with some crazy new shit this league, don't got anything now.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
1618358294285.png

200.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Brutality looks like it can support spells now. New phys dots looking pretty spicy.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Brutality looks like it can support spells now. New phys dots looking pretty spicy.
It's always supported spells, just not damage over time. And 95% of the time the phys spells you used it with were better off being converted at some level or using poison with it. I had a CI Assassin that was pure phys with like lvl 31 blade vortex a few leagues back and he used Brutality. It's a massive damage boost on a singular gem, but not nearly as good as added damage or conversion with other stuffs.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
hmmm
  • Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill, with a 8 second Cooldown (previously 4 seconds).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol guess I got my trigger craft deletion request.

Numbers on vaal ground slam looks fucking retarded? 400% damage, can exert? Jesus fuck that's gonna oneshot everything

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Essence of Hysteria
  • No longer grants Socketed Gems have +50% chance to Ignite to Helmets.
  • Now grants Socketed Gems deal 30% more Damage while on Low Life to Helmets.
source.gif

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Compared to how well other ascendencies support "archetypes," the new physical spells have such halfass support amongst the typical pure phys ascendencies.

• 1Truth!

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
  • Increased Character Size is now capped at 100%.
HH just lost 50% of its fun factor.

• 1Like