Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I believe there is no auditory cue for "Rain of Stars!" while Sirus is on the ground. There is a visual cue, the same as when he's in the air, but it's quite hard to see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Hmm I have that lab enchant on a set of decent boots.

So I just did an A4 Sirus fight.

I can't seem to recall the carpet bomb meteors that fall into the arena without any kind of visual or auditory warning, and they killed me 4 times. I spent most of that fight trying to see if there was an actual clue to when and where they drop but could not find one. I have my voices turned down a bit though, although I still hear him say "Die" before he teleports and does the big shot.

Hilariously, I also died when I was first ported to his maze thinking it was lag (since my internet is poor I get that sometimes with excessive Leap Slamming) and pausing long enough to eat the big meteor.

Conveniently an Awakened Brutality dropped for me from one of the Conqs so I am not TOO salty for losing out on that fight. FInal death was where my careless pathing took me into a blob of doom while just looking for Sirus, because I really am a noob.
Don't feel bad, the visuals on that fight are complete ass. You dodge the red stuff on the red ground while trying to kill the red guy using red skills in between red balls of near instadeath. EZ!

Took me 3 tries to get him last league, having never done him before.

• 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to use Petrified Blood defensively? You can easily enable Daresso's Courage(+30% spell block) and Champion's Adrenaline(+10% phys DR), but I can't think of anything else. You typically reserve half your life to take 40% less damage, so that's kind of a wash. This is also assuming you have the regen to handle subsequent dots.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All the big spergs on youtube made their videos about it a bit ago and no one came up with any scenario in which petrified blood ever added eHP.

It's always a net loss no matter how you slice it, so you need to have a damn good reason to use it like perma adrenaline or str stacking bloodthirst etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, looking for a way to get mines(or traps?) work with Exsanguinate. Being able to zip out(~7 per second, not counting swift assembly) mines that auto target and chain through up to 40 targets is quite fun on a skill that is already fun. I tried out a build that used Petrified Blood and Daresso's Courage(see previous post) and while full block was nice, when it failed, you went splat because there isn't much life in the mine node part of the tree.

This is typically why miners go LL-ES. What I can't solve is the life cost(not reservation) that Exsanguinate mines would have when you're LL. There's Machina Mitts but even that wouldn't be enough and I was hoping to not rely just on leech since you can toss mines without any targets in which to leech from.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m playing generic steel skills champion with petrified blood. I probably made a mistake getting a power charge on crit chest instead of minus mana cost but I’ve gotten some leech.

Using petrified blood and yeah feels like you gotta be pretty defensive.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Also, looking for a way to get mines(or traps?) work with Exsanguinate. Being able to zip out(~7 per second, not counting swift assembly) mines that auto target and chain through up to 40 targets is quite fun on a skill that is already fun. I tried out a build that used Petrified Blood and Daresso's Courage(see previous post) and while full block was nice, when it failed, you went splat because there isn't much life in the mine node part of the tree.

This is typically why miners go LL-ES. What I can't solve is the life cost(not reservation) that Exsanguinate mines would have when you're LL. There's Machina Mitts but even that wouldn't be enough and I was hoping to not rely just on leech since you can toss mines without any targets in which to leech from.

Traps seems way easier given the health cost, they don't reserve when you throw them do they?

The only mine variants I've seen are omega softcore meme piles with skin of the lords and ~3500 life that reserve down to ~1500 and wear loris lantern and shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Traps seems way easier given the health cost, they don't reserve when you throw them do they?

The only mine variants I've seen are omega softcore meme piles with skin of the lords and ~3500 life that reserve down to ~1500 and wear loris lantern and shit.
Traps do not reserve, that's mines only. The reservation is not a problem actually since reserving no longer requires you to pay the cost, so you can reserve empty mana or life. So on a LL build, you just have less life reserved so you can toss more mines at once. The life cost while sustained mine tossing is the real problem(mines now have cost associated with them in addition to reservation).

Traps are potentially better in that regard but they come with their own drawbacks. I really like the mine play style where you just kinda sorta toss the mines in the enemy's general vicinity while holding down left click detonate. Mines will auto target for you assuming you got close enough. Traps don't work this way, an enemy has to trigger them, so you have to be less lazy with your trap tossing. You can get around this by reducing trap duration to zero, but then you lose out power and frenzy charge generation because they require the trap to be triggered by an enemy. Also, bear trap doesn't trigger when it expires like most other traps.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
All the big spergs on youtube made their videos about it a bit ago and no one came up with any scenario in which petrified blood ever added eHP.

It's always a net loss no matter how you slice it, so you need to have a damn good reason to use it like perma adrenaline or str stacking bloodthirst etc.
Pohx has been playing a build that (iirc) has net positive defenses from Petrified blood, but through using alt quality + enhance... I think (I need more coffee this morning). Like he says, it's all pretty complicated. Looks fun to play around with though and seems like a legit tank.

Link:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pohx has been playing a build that (iirc) has net positive defenses from Petrified blood, but through using alt quality + enhance... I think (I need more coffee this morning). Like he says, it's all pretty complicated. Looks fun to play around with though and seems like a legit tank.

Link:

So he gets 50% of all res converted to chaos damage, then 50% of cold and lightning converted to fire. I would've never known that the calculation pulls from the same pool instead of splitting the damage, or converting one, then the next. So he is essentially immune to cold and lightning damage. Crazy shit.

• 1Solidarity

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
jesus christ i guess when theres no endgame people create their own. i dont even want to know how long this must have taken

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
jesus christ i guess when theres no endgame people create their own. i dont even want to know how long this must have taken

It's not very impressive, in that it wasn't actually done for real.

OP said:
About two hours. ffmpeg can export each frame as an image at 48x48 resolution. Then a quick Python script to convert each image into the PoE version. Those frames can be turned back into a video with ffmpeg again.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh lol . I had assumed he used some hotkey macro to click the regrets in and out of his stash, but didn’t realize it didn’t even happen in game at all (I believe that’s what that post says?). Not sure what the point is then

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Caeden Caeden It's like CoC, but not.

First Corrupting Fever build that looks interesting. I mean, the others I've seen have had good clear but have been decent at best bossers. This one at least has the sustain and EHP for it. Might be a bit squishy to phys damage if stuff gets past your capped block.

Couple questions for those that have played Cyclone CoC or CwC recently:
  • Is Frostblink the only way to combat Cyclone's sluggishness at dodging? I've never liked using movement skills while channeling as it feels slow to respond.
  • I hate that CwC has to tick once before casting. I'm guessing that's part of the reason this guy stays channeling all the time(also likely to refresh Corrupting Fever). I don't want to make this a CoC build, that's likely too much shit to cram into one build. Is there a way to make CwC snappier so you don't have to do the whole map at just 150% move speed?

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Caeden Caeden It's like CoC, but not.

First Corrupting Fever build that looks interesting. I mean, the others I've seen have had good clear but have been decent at best bossers. This one at least has the sustain and EHP for it. Might be a bit squishy to phys damage if stuff gets past your capped block.

Couple questions for those that have played Cyclone CoC or CwC recently:
  • Is Frostblink the only way to combat Cyclone's sluggishness at dodging? I've never liked using movement skills while channeling as it feels slow to respond.
  • I hate that CwC has to tick once before casting. I'm guessing that's part of the reason this guy stays channeling all the time(also likely to refresh Corrupting Fever). I don't want to make this a CoC build, that's likely too much shit to cram into one build. Is there a way to make CwC snappier so you don't have to do the whole map at just 150% move speed?
I typically run dash because of the distance it covers if I have the dex. Frost blink is the other I use, but no it doesn’t get better. I can run flame dash. I just don’t notice the problem as much due to my muscle memory from playing cyclone builds so much.

The only thing I’ve seen that might help with CWC is to build in some triggers too, but again there’s some delay and that shit eats up sockets and ends up feeling meh anyway. This is why every time I look at a cwc, I end up thinking it’s just a shitty coc.

One point though is CWC solves a lot of problems with Coc so you’ve gotta pay up for that. In exchange for not having to solve accuracy and crit, you can go ham on CDR I guess.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hrmmmmm, interdasting. Anecdotally, Leap Slam is DEF slow to respond while using Cyclone, glad you guys talked about it.

I was wondering if my old man reflexes are just failing, but in retrospect and with your comment, it is definitely the transition from channel to move skill.

I will def look into an alternative move skill.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Leap slam in general is just slow and shitty unless you're berserker/glad using their unique charges.

Highly recommend dash if you have enough dex for it.