Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ele hit has been retarded for years now. People were doing Ele Hit before even Betrayal. It's definitely a great softcore bossing skill. Stack +gem levels and then win. I believe totem version is one of the best varieties for extra dps. I used to use Ascendant Chieftain/Slayer melee with Paradoxica when Betrayal came out. Melee was rough as fuck, but I'd hit a T16 boss and it would literally die in one hit. Pretty cool. Builds like these are amazing and easily accessible but they're not hip and fresh so they eventually get swept under by other new hot dick builds. There's still a ton of full-game builds you can run SSF or build for less than 15 ex, but they're just not THE build so a lot of people don't know about them. There's a bunch of forum posts that have "LEAGUE START TO END GAME" builds with multiple options on the official boards, but some of them stopped getting updated as they were literally 10 leagues old and the people who made them hated updating everytime for PoB and small unique/cluster changes. But the builds are still good and some better than ever, they're just not given the FOTM attention like your Carrion Golems, Burning Arrow Ignite, ED/Contagion, etc builds that too many people all want to run at the same time.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Ele hit has been retarded for years now. People were doing Ele Hit before even Betrayal. It's definitely a great softcore bossing skill. Stack +gem levels and then win. I believe totem version is one of the best varieties for extra dps. I used to use Ascendant Chieftain/Slayer melee with Paradoxica when Betrayal came out. Melee was rough as fuck, but I'd hit a T16 boss and it would literally die in one hit. Pretty cool. Builds like these are amazing and easily accessible but they're not hip and fresh so they eventually get swept under by other new hot dick builds. There's still a ton of full-game builds you can run SSF or build for less than 15 ex, but they're just not THE build so a lot of people don't know about them. There's a bunch of forum posts that have "LEAGUE START TO END GAME" builds with multiple options on the official boards, but some of them stopped getting updated as they were literally 10 leagues old and the people who made them hated updating everytime for PoB and small unique/cluster changes. But the builds are still good and some better than ever, they're just not given the FOTM attention like your Carrion Golems, Burning Arrow Ignite, ED/Contagion, etc builds that too many people all want to run at the same time.

I played Ele Hit Ballista Totem, I did have some nice gear with +skills late on, but tbh the build didn't need it. Wasn't meta at all when I played it so the whole build ended up costing maybe 2-3 ex for the basics. Ended up messing with it alot and the end of the build it had about 75-100ex pumped into with corrupt everything, awakened gems and a double curse on hit setup. Very good build if you like corrupting things and min maxing.

You're right tho, there are plenty of builds like that out there, just need to find them.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My biggest gripe above the 99% junk on the ground is meta as a concept. I don’t care if it’s balanced but they intentionally fuck around with how skills play to make them play worse.

Why not just balance the numbers? For CoC, instead of mana to make the build feel shit, take the fucking spell damage off the gem. I don’t care they made it hard or a lower. I care that playstyle gets destroyed or made to feel bad. If you want to play the same builds, who cares? Maybe that means the other skills aren’t fun.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Has anyone showed the actual league mechanic in use? I haven't watched any PoE in so long I don't even know who to look up. All I've seen is a short write up about blowing shit up.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why? Should we revert all the nerfs to Vaal spark/fireball and the thousands of other builds that were nerfed that also were fun to play for the past 10 years?

Based on what? Knee jerk reactions to something nobody that has played the game has said is bad, while the people who actually have played them(the devs) said its fine?

CoC has also been nerfed before, it was butchered with its internal cooldown before, where before it didn't even have a cooldown, the original piety age cast on crit literally casted every spell in its supported links for every hit that crit and people cried and cried about it and moved on to other builds that werent a FPS murdering nightmare.

If the only builds you've played in path of exile are pre-packed 100% 1-100 guides with full item upgrades listed out for you, you are a shit player and shouldn't voice opinions on why things should be changed or not changed but we both know you will.

Tagging Byr Byr since he responded to me as well.

By "straight up murdered", I mean exactly that. Spellslinger is mechanically unplayable in 99% of the current builds. I can think of one build, Mathil's Ele Hit wander from last league, where he used Spellslinger to cast Hydrosphere and Sniper's Mark. And that build is still going to have major issues casting those spells so frequently, they aren't cheap.

The typical Spellslinger build that reserves almost all your mana? Dead. Spellslinger already spent lots of resources compensating for loss of auras and a damage support. If the build has to spend even more on RMR(if that's even possible) and mana regen, it's a zdps build that was already struggling to scale in the endgame.

I'm not saying players shouldn't be incentivized to play new builds. Of course they should. But having your build become near mechanically impossible to play as a result of collateral damage from mana and trigger changes? That's quite a shitty way to do that. The changes to Archmage are a far better way to encourage players to try something else.

Why is playing first a requirement for forming any opinion?

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Soo anyone bold enough to recommend a weakstarter? Something to carry you into red maps without too much hassle? Don't care if minions, traps but please no melee if possible. I can hear Quin69 yelling with every swing with those.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Why? Should we revert all the nerfs to Vaal spark/fireball and the thousands of other builds that were nerfed that also were fun to play for the past 10 years?

Based on what? Knee jerk reactions to something nobody that has played the game has said is bad, while the people who actually have played them(the devs) said its fine?

CoC has also been nerfed before, it was butchered with its internal cooldown before, where before it didn't even have a cooldown, the original piety age cast on crit literally casted every spell in its supported links for every hit that crit and people cried and cried about it and moved on to other builds that werent a FPS murdering nightmare.

If the only builds you've played in path of exile are pre-packed 100% 1-100 guides with full item upgrades listed out for you, you are a shit player and shouldn't voice opinions on why things should be changed or not changed but we both know you will.

I am not a casual gamer, but I have a career, 4 small kids, and a wife that take up a ton of my time. I like(d) POE because it is the best ARPG on the market that dares to try different things and does not just stand on the mountain of +stats=good.

The problem that exists for me and a TON of others is to do what you suggest in your post is that it doesn't just take time in one league to figure out how to create a build; it takes a ton of time to get the absolute basics down and then you have to slowly extend that knowledge to other wildly different playstyles while keeping track of all the goddamn changes and additions they make every 3 months. Also, god forbid missing a league and then trying to come back to whatever the game has morphed into in half a year. Add all that on top of a truly broken trading experience that is required because of the ridiculous item bloat and you have a game that has bypassed even semi-casual players.

Now comes the part that you should pay attention to: I don't want to play POE. I want to leave shitbags like you and the other hardcore players to blow each other while you talk about how shitty 99% of the people playing the game are at playing the game. The problem is that, give the option between a shitty easy ARPG like D3 and a shitty hard game like POE, most semi-casual gamers will pick the harder game for more of a challenge. I am waiting for the day that Last Epoch hopefully turns the corner into the next big thing and also hoping that Lost Ark's western release is a game changer. Then all of the people you cannot stand will move to other games and you can wave goodbye to us while your beloved game bloats into an unplayable shitty monstrosity that bleeds players until it whimpers its way into obscurity.

Or Chris and his team could remove their heads from their asses, realize that not all RNG is good and that not all determinism is bad, remove some bloat, and be flooded by semi-casuals and their wallets again.

I hope you know that I am typing this VERY SLOWLY so that fucking git gud idiots like you and our resident wannabe streamer can understand.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

My two cents as that player from closed beta too now, that is largely "burned out on poe".

Ariakas makes a good point on, each league being too much change. I came back this league from 3.13. not only an insane amount of changes for this league, and new league mechanics, but also, got to catch up on last leagues. All sorts of minor changes to the passive tree, and skillgems. you never know what tiny build breaking or making thing you missed. GGG needs to scale back on this shit. just a few minor changes, and a few skillgems each league. currently this makes everyone just copy streamers, as who the fuckelse has time to keep track of every item, passive, change every patch to keep track of every interaction?

Massive bloat. play mostly SSF. but yeah, Delve, temple, syndicate, etc. Ascendancy, atlas... TOO many different chase directions. a normal player doesn't really have enough time to farm even ONE of these completely. never mind all of them.

incomplete story. I think this is a subtle thing most people totally overlook. the average player never gets to see league stories, or even base game sirious maven etc.
This is a huge design mistake. Think about diablo, etc. one of the advantages of the "play the game 3 times" thing was you got the story 3 times, completely. everyone knows it by heart. engages with it.
Red maps should be MUCH easier to obtain. go ahead and nerf the drops. but make access easier. same with all bosses, and league base content.
Then, uber versions of the content, for the "real rewards". uber aztiri, diablo etc. or, not unlike crafting maps, etc.

play control still needs to be touched up as well. mobility. like the ambush skill I noted. 5s cd. wtf. Theres lots of skills in the game, that just are not very fun to play. icecrash. amazing dps, but ffs being locked into place with a medium aoe that misses shit, is annoying.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yes they should. A player playing the same thing league after league is in no shape or form good for the game. Among the biggest strengths of the game is the variety in the build and feel of various characters and players should absolutely be pushed to explore that by a shifting meta.
I gotta agree with Deathwing Deathwing We shouldn’t be forced to, it should be our choice. I do understand playing the same build can get boring/old but that’s what some people like to do. I see nothing wrong with that at all. But nerfing a build to the point of making it useless in order to encourage me try other builds is pure bullshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think
play control still needs to be touched up as well. mobility. like the ambush skill I noted. 5s cd. wtf. Theres lots of skills in the game, that just are not very fun to play. icecrash. amazing dps, but ffs being locked into place with a medium aoe that misses shit, is annoying.
This bothers me a lot. Not a deal breaker. But the game does not play as fluid as any other ARPG out there despite having massive advantage on cash, players, and people working on it. I’m not talking about lag or crashes. I’m just saying the movements and shit can feel really janky at times.

But I think grim dawn feels overly floaty so it’s better than that.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If you enjoy a skill, you should be able to play it. There's zero balance in the skills, there's just so many skills that are trash and they've been that way forever. It's too bloated, they've just stuck 19 new gems in, yet they can't even really balance what's in the game currently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I've posted a million times on here that each league they should always have the "new" league mechanic, and pick one other complementary old league mechanic. All other leagues should be gone until they get to see their day again. Instead, it's just all leagues all the time. It's annoying for even the most ardent poop socker unless you're the softhead that spouts platitudes like "hur dur just play the game for you you cannot have opinions or complain btw good luck ever chaining red maps and doing hard bosses k-e-k-w" Retarded
Are you open to the idea that not doing all that is a viable choice? The second half of your posts always flees into ridicule, as if not doing each master mission and all league content that RNG throws into your map is an objectively bad decision.

So, completely serious, I'm telling you I leave out plenty of shit. I've not done any Alva (except for one challenge, had to convert a temple to a map), Heist and only the crafting unlocks for Delve this league. I alch+go my low red maps except that I check them for build-breakers, throw some fragments/scarabs in the mix for T15/16, and might vaal if the build is resilient but not always. It works out. For me anyway, your mileage may vary.

As for your suggestion, I do not like it. Changing the content to focusing on just two leagues, one new one old, DOES take away my choices, like it or not. I've said so in the past, but instead of limiting choice and player influence, they could dial it up to 11. Scarabs should be as available as leaguestones were instead of being tied to a league-specific encounter themselves, for starters. The drops that allow you tailor your map encounters forces you to do a specific league's content to get them. That's not exactly ideal. And with enough player agency in how you tailor your map, it'll be the same result for you, focus on two leagues if you want, but I can make own choice instead of being stuck with whatever GGG picks.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If you enjoy a skill, you should be able to play it. There's zero balance in the skills, there's just so many skills that are trash and they've been that way forever. It's too bloated, they've just stuck 19 new gems in, yet they can't even really balance what's in the game currently.
100% this. I always enjoyed playing Sweep but I know I'm just gimping myself when Cyclone and Bladestorm both exist.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
https: //pastebin.com/8pBkAn4T

43 million sirus DPS with elemental hit but ele hit isn't meta... lets add an aura bot to this as well.

Game is broken and needs to be nerfed. None of your opinions are based in reality, all feels. If you think this kind of damage is okay as long as you can play your shit tier spellslinger build to clear red maps, I don't know what to say.
Bro, are you being serious with that POB? That's a several hundred exalt character. There is only a handful of us that could afford that build. I'm not sure on the bow but 100-150ex? The 4 cit multi jewels are 50ex+ each. No secret that with a few hundred exalts Ele hit is OP. It has been since Incursion when one could clear the game with a Frostferno and a Quilrain.

• 1Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
installed it again, although promised myself I wouldn't and I'd be done with this shit game until poe2. But I gotta feel the nerf hammer first hand so I can whine about it later.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm gonna try blessed hammer on a raider I think? Use a claw for some nice sustain? Worst case is it's pretty similar to the lightning strike tree so I can just fall back to that if it sucks.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Spectral Helix looks slow as fuck unless it scales heavily with projectile speed. If there was some way to totem/trap/mine/THROW it, that would be great. You can't even General's Cry it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is archmage like dead dead? I’ve been hopeful that all archmage associated items will be cheap this league but at the same time not sure on viability. MOM / agnostic is still an amazing combo so i want to find a way to league start it if possible

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is archmage like dead dead? I’ve been hopeful that all archmage associated items will be cheap this league but at the same time not sure on viability. MOM / agnostic is still an amazing combo so i want to find a way to league start it if possible

I think it can still be ok with a higher budget.. I'd be hesitant of league starting it though. Lost base regen from arcane surge and a lot of damage. I league started BF/BB archmage raider last league and it was a pain to level and transition then.