Path of Exile

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I await Xevy's post telling us how amazing timeless jewels are in their current state and, in fact, they are way overpowered and accessible but everyone else just doesn't get it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've never had one drop and I've never equipped one so I just pretend that shit does not exist. It's the equivalent of "here thar be dragons" on old nautical maps. Each league that I play I try and learn a few new things. Did you guys know that the skill required on a heist dictates treasure room loot?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I await Xevy's post telling us how amazing timeless jewels are in their current state and, in fact, they are way overpowered and accessible but everyone else just doesn't get it.

I mean, both things can be true lol. They are a weird obtuse mess, but also are 100% OP as fuck and easily accessible to anyone playing trade.

For like 30c for a jewel plus the cost of a few divines you can easily slot in a jewel worth like 10 passive points, sometimes far more.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I mean, both things can be true lol. They are a weird obtuse mess, but also are 100% OP as fuck and easily accessible to anyone playing trade.

For like 30c for a jewel plus the cost of a few divines you can easily slot in a jewel worth like 10 passive points, sometimes far more.

Ronne: Yea there's no actual datamine of what the seeds do unfortunately, so trying to trade them is just a shitshow of screenshots/discord streams.

Also Ronne: they are 100% OP as fuck and easily accessible to anyone playing trade.

If you think using discord to trade is easily accessible, I don't even know how to talk to you about the absolutely atrocious state of this game and the majority of its mechanics.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You don't even play this game lol, stop trying to act like you understand a thing about it.

Literally no one buys those via discord trade, it's just a bunch of spergs that think they've rolled a good one and are gonna be mega rich now cause it says 5% chance to deal double damage on a couple notables. I would be fucking shocked if a single jewel sold in any given league in that shitty trade discord.

The jewels themselves are immediately obvious in their effect in game and are meant to be rerolled to fit whatever it is you may be trying to do with them at the time.

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ll definitely say timeless jewels are some of the most fun RNG things to mess with when trying to tweak a character.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Always fun to have them drop and fuck about with them, they are nice item overall. Can see why they'd be a bit of a nightmare for trade, but it's not like 99% of people need or use timeless jewels in a build.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
You don't even play this game lol, stop trying to act like you understand a thing about it.

Literally no one buys those via discord trade, it's just a bunch of spergs that think they've rolled a good one and are gonna be mega rich now cause it says 5% chance to deal double damage on a couple notables. I would be fucking shocked if a single jewel sold in any given league in that shitty trade discord.

The jewels themselves are immediately obvious in their effect in game and are meant to be rerolled to fit whatever it is you may be trying to do with them at the time.
Should I feel attacked? The one I had with 5% double dmg on the right 3 notables sold.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Should I feel attacked? The one I had with 5% double dmg on the right 3 notables sold.

Lol your pretty sick jewel was the first thing I thought of, guilty as charged.

Those levels of ultra min-maxed jewels though are like the .01% of the 1%.

• 1Worf

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If timeless jewels were datamined. The best seeds would be worth 100ex+ and if thats too expensive you'd have to go through a spreadsheet or something to search for progressively worse ones untill you found one that fit your budget. And if you were divining on your own you'd have to go to poeninja and search up your seed after every divine.

I'm not sure this is actually what people would want. I'd rather keep it unknown like it is now and i can feel happy with my pretty decent one.

• 2Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
If timeless jewels were datamined. The best seeds would be worth 100ex+ and if thats too expensive you'd have to go through a spreadsheet or something to search for progressively worse ones untill you found one that fit your budget. And if you were divining on your own you'd have to go to poeninja and search up your seed after every divine.

I'm not sure this is actually what people would want. I'd rather keep it unknown like it is now and i can feel happy with my pretty decent one.
If they were datamined PoB could have the ability to generate seeds based on the nodes and selected options. If PoB didn't do it someone else would. One would be able to see a list of possible seeds and have the ability to search trade. That sounds nice.

Some seeds are already worth quite a bit. When I've farmed 5-ways I would run into seeds that were on people's live searches.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they were datamined PoB could have the ability to generate seeds based on the nodes and selected options. If PoB didn't do it someone else would. One would be able to see a list of possible seeds and have the ability to search trade. That sounds nice.

Some seeds are already worth quite a bit. When I've farmed 5-ways I would run into seeds that were on people's live searches.

If PoB could do it for you in a way similar to /trade where you can search for your 6 current notables inside your timeless jewel area and specify you "count" 6 double damage 2 double damage, life, intimidate and spit out a list of seed numbers that would give you that, I guess that would fix most of the inconvenience.

I don't want to bring harvest up because it's such a touchy subject but...
Just like harvest, this would play out the same way. The jewels would get nerfed into blandness or made much rarer somehow because they balance power with rarity/accessability.
Would that be good? I have doubts

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
If PoB could do it for you in a way similar to /trade where you can search for your 6 current notables inside your timeless jewel area and specify you "count" 6 double damage 2 double damage, life, intimidate and spit out a list of seed numbers that would give you that, I guess that would fix most of the inconvenience.

I don't want to bring harvest up because it's such a touchy subject but...
Just like harvest, this would play out the same way. The jewels would get nerfed into blandness or made much rarer somehow because they balance power with rarity/accessability.
Would that be good? I have doubts
I doubt most people use timeless jewels for more than the one notable. So, isn't that already bland? Out of the hundreds I've had and checked I can count the good ones on one hand. Even those, like this last one with 3 double dmg on good nodes, haven't even been amazing.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The one I have on my raider near the phase acro bit is alchemists genius/20 cold res/60 ele damage and then a couple weird wasted minion nodes and a crit node i don't need, but even still getting that much out of a single jewel socket is pretty hard to beat. Spent probably 2 exalts worth of divines on it? So still far less than the cost of a 30+ crit multi jewel.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
fuck too lazy to record a video but its a stampede ur movin quick. i have a lot of mistakes to fix later, that should say die a lot on bosses*

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
idk, 150% max move speed feels pretty slow. It's been one of the worst things of 3.15 how slow build that rely on Dash or Flame Dash feel. Perhaps not actually that much slow, but they feel slow. Too much dead space between packs where you don't have an old quicksilver or movement skill.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Announcement from GGG about the podcast topics Christ has spoken about. Mentions players saying defences are in a terrible state, then say we will continue with our plan to nerf fortify for non-melee.

This was particularly jarring:

One of the issues we're currently facing in Path of Exile is that for the most part, players no longer find their item upgrades by checking the items that drop on the ground. This is something we'd very much like to solve and will be mindful to not do this in a way that effectively results in a sweeping nerf. We would like to declutter the items that drop by a lot so that things like pick-up range matter less as there would be fewer item labels on the ground competing for attention.

Whilst watching Chris talk on the stream, he looked stunned while Ziz was saying that you will NEVER FIND AN ITEM OFF THE GROUND THAT COMPARES TO A CRAFTED ITEM. It dawned on me then that Chris legit thinks people ID everything and go "Wow, what a fantastic upgrade this rare item is".

GGG really need a data analyst working for them who can extrapolate data and present it to the corresponding team. Chris sat on that stream and said we can't find any builds having problems with spellslinger and then asked for players to report non-working builds. Why? You have that data available to you as you can see who played it till when and what level they stopped at. How about you extract that data from your servers and then look at it. When they can literally just /copy all the spellslinger builds in the game and use testers to play them as exact clones it's lazy as fuck to ask the players, go get the data and fucking test it yourselves.

Some changes they are planning might be good, atlas, uber 5 ways, simulacrum, etc, but after listening to Chris talk on Ziz's stream, I've got zero hope for the game. It's clear Chris won't allow improvements to the player experience and wants the game to be an RNG nightmare. With a person this out of touch at the helm, the game's still heading for the rocks.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Spell slinger still mechanically works, it just got buried even further into an already horrible niche. It will likely live on as a utility gem for putting up snipers mark and hydro sphere for builds that don't have anything better to reserve.

Spellslinger has to heavily invest into minus mana cost, which isn't unique. Almost any build I play looks into that if the mana can't be leeched or cheated from life. Just even harder for spell slinger builds to pay that on top of socket starvation and low dps. That's where they fucked up.

• 2Like