Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I have decided that I disagree with your assertion. They should not be catering to the playerbase because it is their game and we truly aren't the people that they want playing the game.

The sad fact is that a ton of us loved Diablo 2 and never played POE until the shitshow that was D3 disabused us of the fact that we truly weren't the people that Blizzard wanted playing that game either.

So we want something challenging and deeper than D2 and D3 but not something as nut crushing as PoE. That game does not exist so we are forced to the margins of the ones that do exist or we don't play them at all and hope that one day something that we enjoy comes out. I was part of the "play something not for me crowed" up until 9 months ago. Now I just don't play any of them at all.

Completely fair, although I'd like to point out I don't think they should be "catering to the playerbase" either. But I think they need to remove the disconnect between Chris and their playerbase. That doesn't mean they are catering to it, but the disconnect clearly exists.

It's fine to stand firm in your convictions of your game, while not being disconnected from reality.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So we want something challenging and deeper than D2 and D3 but not something as nut crushing as PoE. That game does not exist so we are forced to the margins of the ones that do exist or we don't play them at all and hope that one day something that we enjoy comes out. I was part of the "play something not for me crowed" up until 9 months ago. Now I just don't play any of them at all.

I just want the game to fuck a few less eye sockets early on and do a better job of explaining its own shit within the game. When PoE is holding me down and fucking me as I try and get Uncharted Realms passive points that's fine. Pound ass with your endgame+ content. Almost all of the rest of the game the player can choose their own difficulty to at least some degree and the rewards scale. Juice the fucking fuck out of your maps, Delve to 7000, do the 100 grind, turn all the dials up to 11, whatever. Where I get salty is when I get fucking one-shot by the Foundry boss's metamorph on a scoured map or get chain-smoked by the boss at the end of a unique Heist and have to run back again and again. The Pale Council? How hard are they? Oh, they're jokes? No idea! Having no idea how to gauge difficulty just gets my goat. Just tell me what you want from me Path of Exile.

Honestly I've got no complaints about Expedition aside from wanting Lottery Gal to work differently. Map mechanic is fine, logbooks are sweet and each of the four bosses lets me fuck up a little without just instantly dying thus learn what the fuck I'm supposed to do. It's all got good flavor that synergizes with the mechanics.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every time I try and play this game, I get so much random and unexplained content thrown at me that I get discouraged and stop playing.

Playing the current PoE is like if you started playing an MMO and all of the expansion content was made for level 15 and they didn't explain it at all but all of the sudden you had a bunch of mission tables and followers and stuff.

The game is a mess and they need to trim it down.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh come on now Ronne. Trade macros a crutch for lack of game knowledge? That's why all the major streamers use it right? Trade macros are great and very reliable to use -- you just need to ensure you use the trade macro properly -- which requires the game knowledge (eg: a sire of shards with a perfect roll will obviously price radically different than a generic one).

Hotkey for macroing flasks isn't weird. It's just bad game design, putting the player into the position that mashing flask is the optimal way to play. And by fucking you this patch with flask recharge, guess who you're fucking? The new player. Because in the end game, with any juiced map, you can still mash flasks like before if you wanted to. It's just a hell of a lot harder to do in the acts now because the really low monster density. Fixing flasks is really easy, and that's to remove monster kills from filling it, and instead make it work like the pathfinder. Also, balance the game around no flask mods, so they have an impact.

So yeah, as usual, they fixed nothing with that change.

Admittedly I haven't used a trade macro in several years now, so maybe they are better than they were back when it was the shitty AHK version. I also never really feel the need to have one, which I suppose is probably pretty damning of their itemization as it stands - the fact that I basically never will pick up anything that is even worth checking the price on lol.

They for sure missed the mark with the flask changes on this pass, and it sounds like from the Chris interviews they agree and are giving it another go? Trying to put flasks in to a reactive state kinda doesn't mesh with how PoE actually works anymore. Their idea that you'd be all like "oh no I got frozen better push 3" is kinda laughable, as you're 100% dead if you get frozen before your brain even processes that it happened, much less had time to press your freeze flask. All this change has really done is remove some generic power from flasks, which is probably fine, and some of the trigger conditions are pretty neat, so hopefully if they give it another pass they'll actually be in a sort of okay spot.

I still love the flask nerfs based solely on the fact that Lion's Roar sucks dick now and I don't have to use it my melee builds anymore lol. Fuck that knockback shit being mandatory cause it was just raw ~20% more damage.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Admittedly I haven't used a trade macro in several years now, so maybe they are better than they were back when it was the shitty AHK version. I also never really feel the need to have one, which I suppose is probably pretty damning of their itemization as it stands - the fact that I basically never will pick up anything that is even worth checking the price on lol.

They for sure missed the mark with the flask changes on this pass, and it sounds like from the Chris interviews they agree and are giving it another go? Trying to put flasks in to a reactive state kinda doesn't mesh with how PoE actually works anymore. Their idea that you'd be all like "oh no I got frozen better push 3" is kinda laughable, as you're 100% dead if you get frozen before your brain even processes that it happened, much less had time to press your freeze flask. All this change has really done is remove some generic power from flasks, which is probably fine, and some of the trigger conditions are pretty neat, so hopefully if they give it another pass they'll actually be in a sort of okay spot.

I still love the flask nerfs based solely on the fact that Lion's Roar sucks dick now and I don't have to use it my melee builds anymore lol. Fuck that knockback shit being mandatory cause it was just raw ~20% more damage.

AHK is garbage but Awakened PoE trade is amazingly good and helpful with pricing.

Yeah flask nerf is fine, it would be nicer if they had a gambit type system akin to FF12 for conditional flask triggering, made it something for ALL flasks, not just utility. Made instilling orb boost the implicit effect of flasks, and enkindling orb to boost the charge time, while making all flasks like pathfinder.

But yeah, its whatever. Whatever solution they come up with in 3.16 will suck dick.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My favorite thing about the trade macro (Awakened POE Trade) besides rolling maps (you can set your own reroll mods to highlight) is that you can instantly pull up an item in trade site with a ton of filters you can manually adjust to really get a feel of pricing items.

So many times I get an 86 with a rare mod that I can single out really quickly and discern that mod alone goes for 20-30c premium, and then you can add stuff on and kind of determine pricing a lot better.

You you can also not be retarded like me and overthink it and just put shit in a rotating stash tab.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
High APS Leap Slam builds feel faster than Dash and Flame Dash :(

I haven't found a build that uses the latter in which movement speed didn't feel like an extreme chokepoint. Note, I'm not saying I want to zoom around the map at obscene speeds. Just that the movement in between packs, dodging dangerous shit, has to feel inline with the rest of the power of the build.

Got Mathil's Boneshatter Jugg to maps, put about 3 ex into it, feels pretty nice. I'm sure using an Abyssus will bite me in the ass soon. Conceptually, I really like that Boneshatter's stun self-propagates. I wonder if some hit/bleed hybrid wouldn't be better than just hit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Are you going to use a Brutus Lead Sprinkler or the Synth base Mathil used? Seems like BLS, especially a corrupted attack speed one is way more damage, but he wanted to showcase the Trauma stacking at the price of DPS.

I've got an axe I can get to about 550 pDPS I thought about using with a normal phys boneshatter jugg, but I've also got a 700eDPS axe I could use (trauma stacking would be a must) that I'm currently thinking of making a Spec Helix build on. Rog has been bountiful this league in his shitting out of multi-T1 affix weapons. Also have a fucking 450 eDPS foil with T1 AS, T1 Crit, and T2 flat accuracy I've been sitting on since like day 4 of the league. Just need to figure out what build I can make with these weapons for a decent bosser who isn't going to get Maven sploded to some bullshit.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Preach is playing PoE as a complete novice. Him playing really does illustrate the problems PoE has. Severe lack on information to new players, him wondering when he's gonna get a bigger bag etc and he has just reached Ledge. Funny thing is that the 3rd time he encountered the Gwennnnnneneeneneen he was wondering why is she always showing up

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guildmate is probably done with league and he just spent 110 ex on 20 unID'd watcher's eyes. He got a Hatred Crit chance, Disc +ES on hit, and Vitality recovery rate eye he traded for a HH he then sold for 94 ex. Made ~35ish ex or so off the other 4-5 good ones he got at like 3-8ex each. So he netted like 20-25 ex total, but was a fun way to go out but he didn't actually bust.

Meanwhile Harvest needs buffs:

1629931822682.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
Repeated and intentional misrepresentations of arguments should get gaming weekends. I know Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule won't do the ban you deserve, so consider this a compromise!
Said the guy saying to chaos spam a chest for the mods that are statistically proven to be nearly impossible to chaos.

You're right. Send DW to Folder jail LLR.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can make the same chest with chaos spamming, you disingenuous faggot.
Lets see....fossil or phys roll until you hit lightning and reflect. Annul to get an open prefix/suffix if needed. Restart if you hit one of the phys rolls. Craft prefix cannot change. Harvest roll phys to hit explodey. Maybe alt spamming is faster? Alt or caster roll to hit curse...not sure which is best. Woke orb. Now....this gets interesting. You'll be stuck with possibly a shitty other prefix, but maybe not. Hit it with a reroll suffix, keep pre I think if you don't have an open suffix. Otherwise, craft keep pre then reroll adding an attack mod. Its actually not that bad for POE crafting at all.

Fun? Not at all. Not one bit.

EDIT: clearly someone cannot tell when someone else is being sarcastic.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
No shit. What is your point? That doesn't make harvest fun or interesting. It doesn't make their crafting anymore interesting.
The part where the conversation was about harvest.

And no. You spam for +curse, you spam another base for explode (via jagged fossils or harvest), then awaken. Have an open suffix? Great. Craft prefixes can't be changed. Then you go to harvest and you roll attack mods and you're guaranteed some level of crit. The reason harvest is still omega retarded powerful is that it obeys meta mods whereas using a fossil or something would not. If you got the curse + explode you'd then basically have to prefix can't be changed (2ex) and chaos spam it at 2ex each time til you got it. Or do it once and assure some level of crit for basically nothing but the 2ex craft.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Said the guy saying to chaos spam a chest for the mods that are statistically proven to be nearly impossible to chaos.

You're right. Send DW to Folder jail LLR.
The end results do not justify the means. Tell me how you'd make that chest with no trading and perhaps you'll get an idea as to why people (mostly justified) say Harvest is weak.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The part where the conversation was about harvest.

And no. You spam for +curse, you spam another base for explode (via jagged fossils or harvest), then awaken. Have an open suffix? Great. Craft prefixes can't be changed. Then you go to harvest and you roll attack mods and you're guaranteed some level of crit. The reason harvest is still omega retarded powerful is that it obeys meta mods whereas using a fossil or something would not. If you got the curse + explode you'd then basically have to prefix can't be changed (2ex) and chaos spam it at 2ex each time til you got it. Or do it once and assure some level of crit for basically nothing but the 2ex craft.
That’s literally the process I outlined aside from saying get two bases but I assumed most people understood how to woke orb. At one point though it was cheaper to do the harvest method for getting explode than spamming alts.

I was halfway agreeing it’s not a terrible craft. It’s just not fun which is what deathwing’s ultimate point is.