Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
The end results do not justify the means. Tell me how you'd make that chest with no trading and perhaps you'll get an idea as to why people (mostly justified) say Harvest is weak.
You kill the Awakener. You sometimes get an orb.

You keep ilvl 85+ bases for the mods you want.

You 6l one of the bases.

You roll the mods on the bases.

You use the orb.

You use the 2 ex you've found and craft it.

This is what I do every fucking league. Trading not required.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can you go play the forum in SSF mode too? You're too stupid to walk you through this argument.
Your arguments are just, the worst. At least you're blaming trade and not Headhunters now. Like seriously, do you play the game or do you get to red maps 2 weeks in and then say it's unfair you don't have a 10k ES herald stacker. That's the vibe I'm getting.

Play the game and you'll get stuff. Whine about it and never try to learn more and you'll just be stuck being a shitty 40 something curmudgeon who blames the game and not themselves for their failures like the rest of this board.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you're going to make a couple post a week about how big your dick is than you're going to get static over those posts. You post trash and are thus handed trash in exchange for them.

Don't be that guy that confuses bragging with having a conversation.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Your arguments are just, the worst. At least you're blaming trade and not Headhunters now. Like seriously, do you play the game or do you get to red maps 2 weeks in and then say it's unfair you don't have a 10k ES herald stacker. That's the vibe I'm getting.

Play the game and you'll get stuff. Whine about it and never try to learn more and you'll just be stuck being a shitty 40 something curmudgeon who blames the game and not themselves for their failures like the rest of this board.
This is projection.

I'll give you another hint. Crafting systems should feel powerful and useful well before woke orbs.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'll give you a hint: they are and you're reddit mald.

Influenced items: just use harvest.
Cluster jewels: just use harvest.
Rog item with 3 T1s: just use harvest.

Your argument is I don't even know. I don't know how much more power you need in Harvest outside a fucking character editor, which, essentially, is what you want. You want to make every piece of every gear for every character you ever want to play. You want it guaranteed. And then you blame "RNG" when you can't. It's just retarded.

• 1Salty

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still think GGG is too hamstrung by everything being tradable. I think having a mix would be ideal, but rather than soulbinding in d3 being a thing I’d rather powerful crafting make an item untradable and maybe even make the item go poof.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'll give you a hint: they are and you're reddit mald.

Influenced items: just use harvest.
Cluster jewels: just use harvest.
Rog item with 3 T1s: just use harvest.

Your argument is I don't even know. I don't know how much more power you need in Harvest outside a fucking character editor, which, essentially, is what you want. You want to make every piece of every gear for every character you ever want to play. You want it guaranteed. And then you blame "RNG" when you can't. It's just retarded.
If people wanted to play slot machine style RNG, they'd go to Vegas. Imagine not understanding people want to play the character/builds they want to play and be able to appropriately gear for it as they progress.... Imagine.

With the crafting tier system connected to iLvl, you aren't getting Teir 1 mods on a level 20 item. So there is no good reason at all for crafting to not be somewhat deterministic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If people wanted to play slot machine style RNG, they'd go to Vegas. Imagine not understanding people want to play the character/builds they want to play and be able to appropriately gear for it as they progress.... Imagine.

With the crafting tier system connected to iLvl, you aren't getting Teir 1 mods on a level 20 item. So there is no good reason at all for crafting to not be somewhat deterministic.
You guys keep harping on this issue and Chris takes shits in your mouth. Give it up, Chris has spoken, no detirministic crafting for you.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I still think GGG is too hamstrung by everything being tradable. I think having a mix would be ideal, but rather than soulbinding in d3 being a thing I’d rather powerful crafting make an item untradable and maybe even make the item go poof.
The irony is that the trade system is what allows people to nope out of the crafting system.

mkopec mkopec I hope no one is under the illusion that anything will actually change. I think we just like bitching. At this point, PoE needs to be iterated upon similarly to EQ -> WoW.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
You guys keep harping on this issue and Chris takes shits in your mouth. Give it up, Chris has spoken, no detirministic crafting for you.
And that is why I play Last Epoch now. Because GGG never cared about my playstyle in the first place.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And that is why I play Last Epoch now. Because GGG never cared about my playstyle in the first place.
Yeah I have not played in a few leagues now. Its the only way to make your point known, dont fucking play shit you dotn agree with. From the sounds of it this league has been a disaster for GGG. I hope it continues so that finally maybe they put in someone else to lead this game and retire Chris once and for all, but thats just wishful thinking at this point.

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The irony is that the trade system is what allows people to nope out of the crafting system.

mkopec mkopec I hope no one is under the illusion that anything will actually change. I think we just like bitching. At this point, PoE needs to be iterated upon similarly to EQ -> WoW.
I feel like they should have no crafting or go all in since they lack the vision to combine both

also for those that can’t understand nuanced discussion without it hand fed, everything in D3 is soul bound. Nothing is tradable. PoE could fix a lot if they mixed binding/destroying items with a robust rng currency trading system they have.

also, they still have a weird obsession with standard economy. Nobody cares.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have not played in a few leagues now. Its the only way to make your point known, dont fucking play shit you dotn agree with. From the sounds of it this league has been a disaster for GGG. I hope it continues so that finally maybe they put in someone else to lead this game and retire Chris once and for all, but thats just wishful thinking at this point.
This. Consumers don't understand speaking with their wallets. I haven't played since Metamorph, used to consistently buy supporter packs, all the stash tabs, etc.

Their hard-line stance on crafting, player trading, etc. just makes me realize they aren't making a game for me. And that's fine, but why continue supporting a game where developers have consistently said, "Fuck you!". Message received loud and clear, Chris.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Either the Simulacrum has been nerfed harder than I realized or I'm getting a bad streak. 40 w/o a voices drop. Only 2 or 3 megalos. One split personality which was decent.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Either the Simulacrum has been nerfed harder than I realized or I'm getting a bad streak. 40 w/o a voices drop. Only 2 or 3 megalos. One split personality which was decent.
Are you implying that GGG nerfed something that was remotely farmable all to hell without any acknowledgement?

Shocked Futurama GIF

• 2Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know what the number in parenthesis is that people are posting on TFT for timeless jewel trades? Is there a way to gauge the passives you get in the timeless numbers?

1630124495259.png

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone know what the number in parenthesis is that people are posting on TFT for timeless jewel trades? Is there a way to gauge the passives you get in the timeless numbers?

View attachment 369559
Those are the seeds. Which, the good ones you'll find the people don't post the seed public. AFAIK, no one has cracked the timeless jewels to be able to predict them. Going on tft and have the person stream the nodes to make sure is the best option.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea there's no actual datamine of what the seeds do unfortunately, so trying to trade them is just a shitshow of screenshots/discord streams.

I personally would never bother, much rather just throw divines at them randomly until I get one that's "good enough".

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yea there's no actual datamine of what the seeds do unfortunately, so trying to trade them is just a shitshow of screenshots/discord streams.

I personally would never bother, much rather just throw divines at them randomly until I get one that's "good enough".

This is a well-designed mechanic that fits entirely into GGGs intelligent and accessible game.

Just kidding, it is just more RNG clown fiesta that makes the game a total shitshow. I'm sure Chris loves timeless jewels. They perfectly encapsulate his love of layered RNG to produce items that, even if they are powerful, will more than likely be completely worthless to your build.