Path of Exile

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I bet the reason for not just doing square/triangle/etc sockets is that they have an unused idea for some weird league mechanic stashed away which might dabble in socket shape, and that is cockblocking the entire colorblind audience.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They also could have simply just had letters on the bottom left of the sockets R, G, B, W and let them be toggleable. I mean, anything but... that.

But.. muh immersion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lol. Next time you guys will want to be able to see what’s going on on screen. Maybe hardcore vidya just isn’t for colorblind whiners.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Don't why they can't make a button you push to show a RGB for a sec. If not colorblind never know it's there. Company is eat up with the make everything a mini game disease.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't suggest that. They'll implement such that when you press the button, it will rearrange the affixessockets in a random order.

• 2Worf

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Chris is on Ghazzy's stream in an hour. Watching this one as he plays in the trade league and not hardcore/ssf.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
fuck. I just realized I have watched Preach play PoE more hours than I played the last and this league combined. To be honest I have enjoyed watching more than playing.
Him doing merc lab for over 2 hours was like watching world first mythic raid. Very much the same vibe

more on that here

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
”Tuna: issue of crafting materials being inaccessibly expensive.
CW: crafting your own gear will almost always be inferior due to the way people behave in economies”

Jesus fucking Christ, he admits that in trade league that trading will always be the better way to obtain the item you need but completely fucking ignores how boring and repetitive it is to either farm currency to trade or exit the game and use a browser to find the upgrade you are looking for.

How can they not see that more deterministic crafting allowed people to be more engaged because they were crafting their own gear instead of going to the trade sites to find upgrades. Why on God's fucking green earth would you prefer your player base to spend more time outside of you game and less time having fun just so you can maintain the illusion of game that caters to RNG?

And even after admitting that they design trade league for trade to be the way a player obtains upgrades they flat out refuse to even entertain bringing trade functionality into the core game.

It is fucking insanity.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m semi-tempted to try forbidden rite totems. How much time left this league?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Two months but you won't be able to buy pretty much anything in 2-4 weeks. The league is usually pretty dead exept high end trade 2 months in, but with the low pop start I'm sure it's got a faster expiration rate if you're looking to trade for stuff.

The otherside is that it's a very popular build so people will be stripping their old characters for parts or easy cash so you may be able to net some upgrades for low costs, especially with some new meta clearer stuff coming up late league as they usually do.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can SSF forbidden rite totems all the way to maven without any trouble, so I wouldn't worry too much about gear acquisition cause the league is winding down or whatever.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, let's head back to the Expedition League and the updated gameplay for this version of PoE, as reported by Typical Scrub Gamer69.

I've been playing Mechwarrior 5 here recently so I am a little behind.

I am now at Awakened 5 and running Tier 14 to 16 maps with my Gladiator bleed SSD build. I really started to notice the DPS lagging even on rares so I finally spent some monies on a 2,500+ armor shield.

And I am still noticing DPS is shite. Lucky this build is tanky, and I know most of the mechanics. I continue to run Maven on bosses and her heal really makes the fights a DRAG. It took me a good 2 mins to kill the Conservatory boss because he blocks proj while charging. It took me several minutes to kill the Vault boss on a WHITE MAP (for conqueror fight) because of the fact he has immunity phases that happen a ton and the Maven healed him constantly. I just stood there and facetanked but it was boring as shit.

So whether this is a combination of a sub-par DPS build, nerfing of damage/buffing of bosses, or a combination of all of it, it sucks shit and makes me not want to play.

I have managed to kill Elder and Shaper guardians, but they are a real slog also. I have not done the fire guardian yet, but because the debuff gets worse over time I am not sure I can do it.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
When I listen to Chris talking about his fucking philosophy and methods of artificial gating the difficulty of the game, it makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve for PoE 2. You just know there's going to be some obnoxious grind and mechanics, he simply can't help himself.

These interviews are extremely frustrating as these streamers rely on the game for the majority of their income. They'll never go in hard enough with questions, call Chris out on some absolutely retarded answers he gives, or just flat out tell him to stop being an autist and answer the question straight.

Hope they don't blanket nerf totems due to DP, that would be the final fucking straw. That would be a shame as it's a great playstyle for casuals, you can get to end game for cheap but not really do great things until you've put substantial effort into gearing. They have a nice natural power curve and are balanced quite well compared to other skills that end up meta/gutted/meta. It wouldn't make sense to blanket nerf, but you never know what the fuck they are thinking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hey guys your old buddy Chris here again. There's a stash tab sale going right now. Thanks so much for your continued support of muh little company that I sold out to Chinese interests. I afforded socks today because of you and am so grateful.

PS: Our server and netcode issues are exactly the same as Diablo 2.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
When I listen to Chris talking about his fucking philosophy and methods of artificial gating the difficulty of the game, it makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve for PoE 2. You just know there's going to be some obnoxious grind and mechanics, he simply can't help himself.

These interviews are extremely frustrating as these streamers rely on the game for the majority of their income. They'll never go in hard enough with questions, call Chris out on some absolutely retarded answers he gives, or just flat out tell him to stop being an autist and answer the question straight.

Hope they don't blanket nerf totems due to DP, that would be the final fucking straw. That would be a shame as it's a great playstyle for casuals, you can get to end game for cheap but not really do great things until you've put substantial effort into gearing. They have a nice natural power curve and are balanced quite well compared to other skills that end up meta/gutted/meta. It wouldn't make sense to blanket nerf, but you never know what the fuck they are thinking.
On top of needing GGG for their income, they are not trained at interviewing. But, Ghazzy did better than anyone else, so far, in calling out Chris's non-answers. Chris had to pause for 5 seconds, at one point, when Ghazzy flatly said he wasn't addressing the question. I felt Chris was giving more in-depth answers this time. I was really surprised when he was asking for solutions on a few points.

But, his answers just lean me towards waiting for a PoE clone with QOL. Shit, in 5-years is GGG going to officially support POE's cheat platform because it fixes all the QoL they've been holding back?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
un-fucking-real. This is just pathetic.

sQ2Br1f.png

• 2Worf