Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is there a way to not get flagged as AFK or otherwise open for business or something? I've got some stupid shit I'm trying to unload while I get some work done and on the trade site I'm just always going to come up as AFK.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Is there a way to not get flagged as AFK or otherwise open for business or something? I've got some stupid shit I'm trying to unload while I get some work done and on the trade site I'm just always going to come up as AFK.
You'd have to run an anti-afk macro of some sort. But, I find that I get msgs for my stuff even if I am flagged afk. Just put an afk msg saying you'll get back to them in a few mins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
un-fucking-real. This is just pathetic.

View attachment 370657

They make it a living hell

maxresdefault (3).jpg

(Try dropping a skill gem in it one time. Oh, the agony.)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thinking on it its a system primed for abuse, but I'm sure there are ways. You wouldn't rate the specific account as negative, just the specific trade. Still wouldn't be perfect and prone to abuse obviously.

Of course if you just had an automated trade system then you wouldn't have to do dumb ass shit like that. Still a system where you could at least keep track of your trades like the macros do would be a HUGE improvement to what we have.

• 1Like

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The last 2 got me. Played for the first time during ultimatum. Played a witch -> arc elementalist and didn't read anything, as I prefer to learn games myself. (Feels like using a strategy guide for a 1st rpg playthrough). Put a ton of passive into elemental attack damage. Never once occurred to me to check the dps on the skill to notice that it wasn't going up....worst build ever.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The last 2 got me. Played for the first time during ultimatum. Played a witch -> arc elementalist and didn't read anything, as I prefer to learn games myself. (Feels like using a strategy guide for a 1st rpg playthrough). Put a ton of passive into elemental attack damage. Never once occurred to me to check the dps on the skill to notice that it wasn't going up....worst build ever.

I did something similar with an Elementalists during Delirum. I thought all manner of damage nodes were boosting the flame golems I was using when they were not.

• 1Worf

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure that every single person has done that with any number of builds. It'd be an instant QoL if they had any kind of +damage / +life % overlay on any nodes. How hard could it be to mouse over a +5% hp node, and see it show "You gain 104hp" in a little tooltip

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure that every single person has done that with any number of builds. It'd be an instant QoL if they had any kind of +damage / +life % overlay on any nodes. How hard could it be to mouse over a +5% hp node, and see it show "You gain 104hp" in a little tooltip

We won't get that for another 5+ years when they pull the DBG move and officially allow ExileAPI.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Do you not have 3rd party programs exile!?

Installing Path of Building for the first time and seeing wtf you've been doing laid bare is a rude awakening. It would appear I have absolutely no idea how to value anything and I don't understand how most of anything even works. Show Node Power? What does that do? Oh. Oh.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
You can SSF forbidden rite totems all the way to maven without any trouble, so I wouldn't worry too much about gear acquisition cause the league is winding down or whatever.

I decided to try this totem build , and as soon as I put on the Soul Mantle (5L) and got my first Ascension, the clear speed went from ugh to WEEEEEE in the Acts lol. I am actually interested to see it in mapping soonest.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Isn't the first ascension usually like +100% totem cast speed? yeah that alone makes things less gross

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Chris seems like the kind of loser that geeks out on graphs and data points. Thing about data is its great when you already know your problem and are trying to solve it. But if you're driving your project around the data then it all falls apart. It's so blatantly obvious. As mentioned, WOW is such a great case study. The shit people were complaining about in SL BETA was so obvious, but ignored because (most assumedly) data driven metrics. And now we see when their biggest data point, the bottom line, is effected they throw the whole model out and go back to the basics, feedback.
My other passion for the last 2 years is the epitome of data-driven game design failure - War Thunder. It has the best armor penetration, locality damage, weapon/ammo modelling of any tank/plane game of all time, and is just a fucking joy to play, IN GENERAL. But as far as I can tell, they balance their Battle Ratings (what vehicles/planes play against one another) based on data like wins/losses without taking any other context into play. They also have "repair costs" for vehicles in the game that are so unbalanced and illogical it boggles the mind. They still have 30,000 repair costs on conventional 4 engine late WWII bombers from when they were the best in the game, but now there are jet bombers of higher ranks that have repair costs that are a fraction of that. It is almost impossible to make 30,000 a game in that bomber so you always lose money.

So the designers are riding this amazing gameplay and design with a system that penalizes you for playing (repair costs) and is completely unbalanced in many cases. It is a tragedy. I put in over 1,200 hours in 18 months and then quit in disgust.

That disgust-quitting en masse is coming for PoE if they continue what they did in this league. Why take a game that is really fun, that actually engages you in an endless, useless grind for pixels and yet we enjoy it, nay, we LOVE it, and ACTIVELY make it un-fun? There is a fine line between I love this grind and my time is better spent punching myself in the nuts.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Isn't the first ascension usually like +100% totem cast speed? yeah that alone makes things less gross
Extra totem and faster totem placement. So the Mantle and the Ascension resulted in 2 more totems and significantly faster placement.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Totems are really great, I almost don't want them to become a meta as one of the reasons they are great is because nobody plays them, thus they are cheap. Holy Flame Totem's one of the best skills to get you through the acts if you do like them. The helmet enchants normally about 2-10c for extra projectiles on a half decent base and that gives them a good clear. Really great starter if you want to make ex farming before playing something else that's a bit more expensive.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know I'm late to the party but SST feels pretty darn good. I'm doing some Occultist poison stuff as I had a six link Dendrobate lying around and a completely dead-end Witch (Absolution is really, really bad) and it's nice to zip about exploding things without getting strangled by mana or clunky animations.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Totems are really great, I almost don't want them to become a meta as one of the reasons they are great is because nobody plays them, thus they are cheap. Holy Flame Totem's one of the best skills to get you through the acts if you do like them. The helmet enchants normally about 2-10c for extra projectiles on a half decent base and that gives them a good clear. Really great starter if you want to make ex farming before playing something else that's a bit more expensive.
I went with freezing pulse totems with those replica rings that give flat dmg vs chilled and the fp unique jewelry. Top 5 twink leveling chars I've played

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No, you want them meta because after being nerfed into the ground, GGG will be forced to deal with their horrid design issue: unmodifiable totem setup time.

Delayed killing time in modern poe usually ensures a skill is second class and sees low adoption. Traps and FR totems are just powering past this barrier due to lack of cheap competitive options.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
No, you want them meta because after being nerfed into the ground, GGG will be forced to deal with their horrid design issue: unmodifiable totem setup time.

Delayed killing time in modern poe usually ensures a skill is second class and sees low adoption. Traps and FR totems are just powering past this barrier due to lack of cheap competitive options.

I don't really notice this as I've played them on and off for ages. But you're correct of course, there's been plenty of other cheap builds that obliterate them previously. It's getting harder and harder to find half decent value builds that scale well in the endgame, and totems are pretty good in that respect. FR totems are dead next league, I just hope they don't manage to fuck up the entire totem system in the process.

The min effort builds in PoE are what I like, mines, totems, minions, cyclone etc. I can't think of anything worse than playing fucking bladeblast/bladefall for weeks. But some people love that type of play.

• 1Like