Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The best part is the sacred orb is directly because Reddit wanted some D2 'stalgia months ago and wanted a chance at a +15% roll to armors. Great stuff.
Don't know about that, seems just as likely Chris played D2R and got that nostalgia going and decided to add some stupid shit to the game too. And the upvoted posts since the announcements(both of the heterogeneous armor choice and then the orb) have been neutral to negative on reddit, so not sure how much it was supported as an idea to begin with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The only way Xevy can resolve the cognitive dissonance that reddit is always wrong and they probably have some good points this time is that they all asked for this anyway.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's a nice change for the most part, but I'm willing to bet the % of people who get to yellow maps without having done lab4 is minimal. That channel that floods your screen with x/y/z trial here, if you want them done can be done pretty much immediately

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
That's a nice change for the most part, but I'm willing to bet the % of people who get to yellow maps without having done lab4 is minimal. That channel that floods your screen with x/y/z trial here, if you want them done can be done pretty much immediately
In all my years and years of playing PoE, I have never, not once, had an issue getting the 6 trials. During a single league it took a little longer to get the last one and I was asking myself if This Is The Time but, nope, was just a little bit.

I understand that, statistically, it could take forever to get all 6, but with the size of the player base I remain suspect that this has ever been endemic, based solely on my own anecdotal evidence of course (lol).

I had a couple of leagues probably several years ago with real map sustain issues, but that was fixed.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's pretty lame for SSF is the biggest thing. The few gauntlets and race leagues etc I played in it was a pretty huge cockblock depending on your build, as trying to progress in to yellows got pretty hard when you're missing a ~30% more damage node or whatever.

Now if they have something up their sleeve for 6 linking I may actually just play SSF for real.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
SSF can be a pita depending on your luck. One time I had 5, and it took me around 200 maps to get swirling fear which was the last one I needed, was 91 time I got it.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've also been over level 90 a few leagues because i can't find the last trial and too lazy to /820

Now It's gonna be so much easier...chances are if you use your zana mission on a t5 map you'll probably see a t6 map from the selection that wants you to do a lab.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Stacking scarabs/incubators/fragments will be nice. Not sure how incubators work considering they have different ilvls.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
These types of changes make me think that Expedition was way worse financially than they expected. Be interesting to see the numbers on Friday 22nd and through the first week.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty incredible that people are cheering shit like stackable resources in a video game in 2021.

But yeah.

Make sure you re-link your twitch account if you want to get twitch drops enabled on your poe accounts. Lots of them got unlinked, so double check that before the life stream.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
These types of changes make me think that Expedition was way worse financially than they expected. Be interesting to see the numbers on Friday 22nd and through the first week.
A financially motivated company would not make armor variety and sacred orbs. I want to support them for some recent changes. But I won't until this kind of stuff stops happening. Line item supporter pack when?

A post mortem, so to speak, will be quite interesting. It almost feels like there are distinct forces at work pushing different design goals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
A financially motivated company would not make armor variety and sacred orbs. I want to support them for some recent changes. But I won't until this kind of stuff stops happening. Line item supporter pack when?

A post mortem, so to speak, will be quite interesting. It almost feels like there are distinct forces at work pushing different design goals.

Yea Chris was playing D2R a couple weeks ago and traded a 15% ED archon plate for his first Vex and demanded they add that system to the game.

Then the actual devs had to come up with a way for it to actually fit in PoE.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yea Chris was playing D2R a couple weeks ago and traded a 15% ED archon plate for his first Vex and demanded they add that system to the game.

Then the actual devs had to come up with a way for it to actually fit in PoE.

This really seems like it is exactly what happened. How was this not one of the first things that they tried in his beloved Hard Mode before implementing it directly into the game?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Lot of people in the twitch stream waiting, currently 118k.

Oh I think it's live, must have fucked up the time - doh.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This shit is so good. I was also right on a lot of things on my guess of how the thing would work, but it looks like its a single thing, and not things that drop constantly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boo, missed almost all of the live stream thinking it'd load in the steam window. Nice to see the change about things dropping in larger amounts so its not hunt and peck clicking