Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What do you guys mean by removing prophecy? Isn’t that all the navalni stuff? There’s like a billion div cards related to prophecies, there’s upgraded prophecies, etc. get rid of all that or you mean just get rid of the stupid4 boss encounter

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought that too, and i believe chris talked about it, but when i look at the patchnotes i can only see that perandus was removed.
The only thing about prophecy in the patch notes i can find is that meta mods are from unique maps now and not the prophecy quest chain

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
What do you guys mean by removing prophecy? Isn’t that all the navalni stuff? There’s like a billion div cards related to prophecies, there’s upgraded prophecies, etc. get rid of all that or you mean just get rid of the stupid4 boss encounter

Yea, not this league but in a future league. I don't think it matters that div cards are tied to is; all of the Perandus based div cards were retired with this league alongside him. It would be easy for them to just take Navali out.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The excitement/interest for this league, while appearing to be one of the best leagues ever, is just barely edging out the thought of playing the acts again. But, at least they didn't do more retuning for difficulty.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
In the podcast with Ziz, I believe, he said they're looking at removing 2 leagues. At the time he basically said it was going to be Prophecy most likely and didn't mention Perandus, but most people assumed Perandus or Talisman was the logical second choice. I think they did Perandus first because it's much, MUCH easier to integrate into the core game by just moving the Manor drops and that's about it. Prophecy will be more complicated, but they can just move everything to Div cards you can target farm to get upgraded items and shit like maelstroms and undead plagues and whatever they either remove completely or make a shitty fragment for the map device. I'd guess the former. Certain things like Atziri's Reflection would most likely be pushed to the logical boss like Uber Atziri.

There's other leagues that could easily be removed as well like Torment (ghosts lul) or Anarchy (exiles mean jack shit unless you've got IIQ and 20 of them or are SSF). The thing is I think for a lot of people Prophecy was a secondary league you had to interact with by using silver coins and a lot of people just stockpiled 700 of them and never bothered after they filled up with enough shit ones and didn't seal any. Prophecy farming was VERY lucrative if you had the stomach to do it, I think it was something like 3-5 ex an hour each league if you can actually make the trade for coins and the market isn't fucked with stuff like Vaal key Reflections.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Perandus had six exalts for me this league we're bros he can stay.

So far the only thing I'm not all that excited about are the passives for the decreased regions. You've still got ten points per region right so with four less regions you've just got 40 less points total. That's going to force more frequent respecs to have the right goodies turned on versus not. Like right now I've got some metamorph/blight action in Valdo and most of the time it does absolutely nothing but that's fine but with only four regions the opportunity cost of having some shit turned on that I rarely use (but still like to be able to use) is much higher.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they get rid of prophecy, wouldn't that mean they'd have to get rid of people paying them to create their own div cards?

As far as leagues go, that seems weird to nix financially

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally read most of the patch notes and gotta say, I don't know the last time I was this hyped for a league. Maybe Metamorph?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
During the Metamorph league were the rewards for fancy organs better? I liked the league and the map mechanic but I've never had the the fancy organs do shit.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean in practice it wasn't that crazy. Although compared to so many leagues before it where you blow up packs, it was unique in that you kinda had to have bossing builds for Metas in a sense. But it was when they introduced the conquerers, all the new influence and everything which was pretty big back then. Obviously it wasn't the most hype league, but I was definitely hyped for it.

The last ones since that have just felt meh. Sure the Maven was kinda cool, but all in all the leagues and "expansions" since War of the Atlas or whatever it was called hasn't really delivered like some of the other big ones before it.

Honestly this expansion is looking to deliver harder then any other expansion in theory. So many great fucking changes I'm so pumped.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Metamorph was really a cheap almost nothing league that only mattered because of the -other- non-league related changes. The league itself was extremely lackluster. It made for good memes and videos of hardcore getting rekt but it was a simple basic league.

With that said, it could have been much cooler had maxing out the bar when in Tane's lab did something special.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Get some Hydrosphere Tornado Sniper's Mark with chaining projectiles action going.

edit - basically this but also with a TORNADO

tornado.png

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea the new tornado skill gem plus hydrosphere should be fun. I hope tornado is strong I really wanna play that

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Those are Ice Spears with the can't pierce ring with a chance to reflect off of walls from Deadeye with Sniper's Mark I think and some extra projectile stuff.

• 1Like