Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
lost around 100% increased damage from the tree, lost EE(the 8% pen doesn't really compensate), lost the minion duration/SRS refresh cluster. The masteries are pretty lame; could have put the SRS refresh behind a mastery for instance.
Yeah the SRS shit definitely seems like an oversight, that sucks for those guys. Maybe they'll slap it in. Rebirth being in the minion mastery is definitely huge though for people with stuff like Soulwrest or skeletons to help heal their Spectres. Where'd you find the 100% damage number? I looked and with the general shit not including if I saved points with annoints it all looked pretty much the same point value wise. More efficient even, which means more ghastly jewels/clusters which is where the real bang for your buck comes in. At some point pretty quickly a 10-20 phys damage ghastly jewel will outperform like 60% increased minion damage. If they took 100% inc damage and gave us the ability to get 2-4 more jewels that's very, very big.

EE does hurt for sure. It's still possible to path to it from Scion lifewheel and you get some okay stuff like all res, but it's 9 points you're probably better off stacking on jewels or clusters. Depending on your weapon the Heist EE wand may be a good option, but most people use a Convoking wand so that sucks a bit. With the spell link you may just link your biggest, baddest minion to wave of conviction/frost bomb and that should do the trick for a lot of it.

I've mostly played spectres/zombies so I can't really speak for the skeleton/SRS crowd, but besides the removal of EE it looks about the same overall. I'm sure people will be floundering without SynOps Spectres, but they'll just go back to slave drivers or redemption sentries and realize they're still 80% as good. Aura stacking aside, I'm not sure where this all lands on the nerf-to-buff ratio. Soul linking will definitely help for non temporary summoners in a lot of ways, but there's some tikky takky shit that will add up for certain builds in a negative way.

Pretty sure links with the right spectre's/Monty Zombie/AG will be the play high end. Running around with a 120khp zombie with 85% max res is pretty tough to kill. Now if you can stack life (str stacking baron build???) and use the flame link you may be in for some srz bsnzz.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
The stuff around Righteous Army, Fearsome Force, Ravenous Horde, Death Attunement, Spiritual Command all lost damage or attack speed. The removal of Enduring Bond itself is around 50% damage loss.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The stuff around Righteous Army, Fearsome Force, Ravenous Horde, Death Attunement, Spiritual Command all lost damage or attack speed. The removal of Enduring Bond itself is around 50% damage loss.
1634593822780.png

What?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
...the entire cluster is gone. The notable is 30% if used recently, the small passives leading up to it where total of 18% damage and 4% attack/cast speed. Not including the extra duration.

Edit: Nvm, I'm blind. Actually downloaded the new POB and Enduring Bond is still there? Fucking Reddit man. My bad.

Double Edit: So they did take the SRS refresh out of Enduring Bond, but the notable is still there. Reddit thread made it sound like the whole cluster is gone lol. That's what i get for reading reddit at work.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, Reddit is Reddit. Take that as you'd like.

I'm guessing a LOT of the trees got the same reduction in %increased, but until some PathofMaths or whoever actually figures shit out for Grimro get around to it I can't really say. You can eyeball a lot and see where there were 4 or 5 nodes there's now 3 or 4. And then there's 8% increased instead of 10% or whatever. I think OVERALL you get a saved # of allocated points they expect you to either put into other non-dps masteries or save it for jewels/clusters. There may also be a large amount of power to be gained from Scourged items (+1 level to certain chests etc) so I don't know where it will all shake out. I already see people complaining because Chris said there'd be "NO MAJOR NERFS", but the truth is without seeing how easy it is to access/upgrade in Scourge system we have no idea how much power we have to gain from good scourge rolls.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm torn. Don't know if i want to join the Toxic rain brigade or sell gear to them instead, cause it's gonna be busted and probably super popular.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Exsanguinate mines/traps will be a good starter. Also, very popular.

Pretty sure I'm doing poison flask tossing. Though, I'm only considering it because of pathfinder's poison prolif. Why wasn't ignite prolif popular with explosive concoction last league?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You also couldn't get ignite past like 500k DPS even with 99% optimal gear/clusters during expedition, so no one played in general much less with concoction.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are traps fun? Never played a sabotuer before and thinking maybe that's what I'll try this league. Was reading that seismic trap is pretty OP.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Arming time can be frustrating. There are ways to eliminate it but the cost is quite heavy as instantly armed traps no longer trigger targeting enemies.

Switch to mines if you don't like the arming time. Seismic is indeed a lot of damage that mines won't have. Traps won't have leech. There are other minor tradeoffs as well.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Some people really like that mine/trap stuff and if you're one of those weirdos than you're set.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Reddit is Reddit. Take that as you'd like.

I'm guessing a LOT of the trees got the same reduction in %increased, but until some PathofMaths or whoever actually figures shit out for Grimro get around to it I can't really say. You can eyeball a lot and see where there were 4 or 5 nodes there's now 3 or 4. And then there's 8% increased instead of 10% or whatever. I think OVERALL you get a saved # of allocated points they expect you to either put into other non-dps masteries or save it for jewels/clusters. There may also be a large amount of power to be gained from Scourged items (+1 level to certain chests etc) so I don't know where it will all shake out. I already see people complaining because Chris said there'd be "NO MAJOR NERFS", but the truth is without seeing how easy it is to access/upgrade in Scourge system we have no idea how much power we have to gain from good scourge rolls.
There was a bunch of fuckery. I did a comparison node by node but it was pointless cause I was using the recent version. GGG went and updated the JSON, and this was V3 numbers. Trying to see what the old numbers were. The masteries are pretty shit though other than phys overwhelm, like offering duration and 8% pen is nice that you'd take them when appliable but not super strong, and 200 accuracy has to be a typo while 100%crit sounds better than it is with the way power charges work on minions to begin with. Leech as a whole was lost, and so was the SRS/Phantasm refresh mechanic. Accuracy is lower so might require more investment.

Checking the older version, total numbers taking every minion nodes on the tree(no gear, no supports, 20skeleton gem to check, no ascendency)
3.15 = 372% dmg 57% atk speed 4% double dmg 75skill points, accuracy overcapped by a lot
3.16 first version = 244% dmg 50% atk speed, 6% dbl dmg, 61skill points, accuracy capped with +1 point
3.16 v3(most recent version a few hours ago) = 344% dmg 48% atk speed 6% dbl dmg 63skill points, accuracy capped with +1 point

Accuracy is capped in 3.15 easily, in 3.16 with the evasion changes it seems it's at 99% baseline so you need an additional point for one of the 20% accuracy nodes. The skill points are just as an example, as you wouldn't path that way anyway(for example every build assigns Ravenous Horde which is far and usually an annoint), and the 3.15 gets Aligned Spirit node which eats a bunch of points for not that much and something most builds would skip. Without it it's 67skill points. The new trees also don't count any mastery. Because of this, you can roughly tell the points are similar, one difference is the old tree could take Fearful Force even for damage, while now you have to ponder if it's worth the points at all.

The recent buff to the JSON makes it very similar to the old tree however, so the reddit outrage was both warranted and actually had positive results.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Exsanguinate mines/traps will be a good starter. Also, very popular.

Pretty sure I'm doing poison flask tossing. Though, I'm only considering it because of pathfinder's poison prolif. Why wasn't ignite prolif popular with explosive concoction last league?

Are mines/traps meta now?