Path of Exile

Vitality

HUSTLE
Crappy start for the obviously disadvantaged melee is why. Ill be rolling duelist for my tank next league though, who knows buzzsaw has me thinking twice.
I'll probably go duelist too, just to be a hipster. I'll probably make a crit dagger flicker strike named "Flicker is Quicker" and probably rip at lvl 70 ish to desync.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Flicker was my favorite build but the desync was nuts. Im rewinding sometimes 3-4 seconds and somehow staying alive. My Buzzsaw RIP though at 76 to i'm pretty sure burning. The boss crit and reacting with flasks wasnt enough because of the crit damage rolling into burning.

I think it was meant to be though I rerolled an ARC shadow and holy shit I'm at 8k dps at level 58 without a max or even 20% arc or empower yet, there isnt much I dont one shot and its much more fun than buzzsaw never having to aim. I never knew how much empower and +1'ing gem levels and helms did. It really lets you forget about using any DPS points and lets you use auras to the max.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I hit 70 on my summoner and took a bit of a break. Zombies having a tough time with catacombs mobs. Might need to run Nec Aegis or something.

In other news the rank 1 hc1m character (Detonate Dead witch) ripped to OOS macro spammed desynced cyclone exile.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Really enjoying the 1 month HC league. I've always played HC, but I had taken a few months off from the game so this is my first experience with the guarded treasure boxes. Those definitely add a lot of fun and excitement.

What is everyones general strategy on the treasure box thingies? If you get a standard one that isn't even magic(blue), do you make it into a magic item for the additional 1 or 2 mods? Are any of them worth wasting an alch on to bump them up from standard to rare(yellow)?

I've been running as a Scion so far with Lightning Strike/Spectral throw as my 2 main attacks, with summon zombies to protect me a bit, up to level 52 and about to go at Cruel Vaal. Really lucked out last night with a random rare drop that was a 2h Ace with a +90% physical and + physical damage modifier. More than doubled my DPS, my lightning strike is now listed at over 1300DPS, with my spectral throw at almost 500, just absolutely raping everything, and thats with maxed resists and 2200HP to boot. I'm thinking this character should get me pretty far.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I've been saving alch orbs for the white boxes. Had one full of 6 sockets, qual gems, found a cartographers box and rolled some +3 additional rare item stats on it.

alching and then vaal orbing into the 6 link dream is the plan usually.

The only sketch boxes are the additional exiles and the ice nova box.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The only sketch boxes are the additional exiles and the ice nova box.
So far I've been really liking the additional exiles, as I usually get more/better loot from them than the damn boxes, but that may change once I actually get to merciless difficulty.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So far I've been really liking the additional exiles, as I usually get more/better loot from them than the damn boxes, but that may change once I actually get to merciless difficulty.
Merciless exiles will gear check your ass so hard. Especially lightning arrow bish and cyclone bro.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was curious to see how the % played compared to the % dead to see if there was any one class that came out ahead in survivability. But the percentages are pretty close with the marauder having a slightly higher survivability than the rest.

rrr_img_71783.png

sukik

I think the consensus in this thread is to roll duelist in the next league. I wonder how much ZiggyD's witch Arc project had to do with the inflated witch numbers for the one month since he's one of the more popular PoE youtubers.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am doing Fox's ARC and its batshit crazy dps and it uses the same gimmick as buzzsaw with lightning coil which I already had for survivability. They are all viable and in some way good, especially buzzsaw having the fastest map clear times but its preference really.

sukik

Whatever I do next it's gonna be ranged because I'm tired of chasing shit around.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
ARC is really nice because you dont aim at all, you just fire the skill and it auto targets and jumps around. I think currently mine jumps 7 times per cast with a .19s cast time. You use your 5L / 6L on a totem also that is also casting arc and confusing enemies to attack it. I'll see though once I make it up around 80 and into the real meat of the end game content.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
For dangerous looking strongboxes you can have a smoke mine set at a safe distance. If it is a freeze box , lay the mine away, trigger the box, pop a remove freeze/chill potion and then smoke mine to safety in a split second!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn J, thats actually a good idea for ALL boxes man. The lag from opening them is like playing reindeer games with Death.

sukik

That is pretty nice. I thought I was being fancy with freeze/chill pot, whirlwind. Had it lag so bad once on a particularly massive pop that it killed me before I could respond.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Aye...smoke mine is lovely! Even when strongboxes get phased out ( come to think of it I don't know how the rest of the 1m race is schedule ). smoke mine is amazing at preventing deaths from things like the lvl 71 Temple or 77 Shrine Piety too. right now playing as LockFox IGN on the HC 1 month if ya need any gems or currency or random leveling gear.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys see the new screenshots for the revamped boss fights coming in the xpac? Merveil is getting that ice rape rain