Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you want just omega boss DPS it's probably generals cry berserker using like blade flurry or shield crush.

Can also do it with lancing steel on a champion but that requires a fair bit more gear investment.

The new generation of inquisitor CoC builds with winter orb get up there as well.

Doryanis prototype with basically anything can hit like 30m dps.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
So here's a question for you.

I always have no problem with zoom zooming, it's the playstyle I really love, but I'm exploring making a boss deleter that isn't terribly complicated to play. But one where I can basically just delete siris or other such bosses without much effort. It doesn't need any map clear at all, just needs to be able to delete single target, and maybe have something to help with multi target (like elder fight). OR, a very defensive build that can take siris beam (he always 360 no scopes me with that thing) where I can take him out. Or, do I just need to get good? I've beaten Siris countless times, but this league for whatever reason my zoom zoom builds are having an impossible time at it.

Any build suggestions here?
you could do POM's reap mines build, the damage is insane on a budget, so if you have more to invest, just invest in defenses.

OR you could do elementalist stone golems or necro physical skeles and zombies - those are tried and true bossers

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
So here's a question for you.

I always have no problem with zoom zooming, it's the playstyle I really love, but I'm exploring making a boss deleter that isn't terribly complicated to play. But one where I can basically just delete siris or other such bosses without much effort. It doesn't need any map clear at all, just needs to be able to delete single target, and maybe have something to help with multi target (like elder fight). OR, a very defensive build that can take siris beam (he always 360 no scopes me with that thing) where I can take him out. Or, do I just need to get good? I've beaten Siris countless times, but this league for whatever reason my zoom zoom builds are having an impossible time at it.

Any build suggestions here?
This is what I did when I got sick of Scourge mobs killing me in HC:

70k armor, 90% allres, CI, 100% spell suppression. You can facetank the Sirus maze meteor, let alone the die beam.

The gear isn't pricey, but Enlighten definitely is this league.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tank everything because you tickle bosses for 0.5M dps.

If you reduce your mana to 0, reserving auras is free. Mid-league patching incoming.

Inquisitor seems to be a better miner than Saboteur. Possible trapper too, but those trap nodes work so well with Seismic currently.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I saw that aura stacker. Hilarious that GGG didn't think of that, especially with all the jokes last league about 50% of 0 is still 0.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imagine the only good thing a krangle is good for an its a bug.

Still baffled at how shitty the rewards are (minus the super rare uniques) this league. Rewards as in the whole krangle system. The stacks and krangle maps are pretty sweet.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
you could do POM's reap mines build, the damage is insane on a budget, so if you have more to invest, just invest in defenses.

OR you could do elementalist stone golems or necro physical skeles and zombies - those are tried and true bossers

This looks nice, but I fucking hate playing mines :(

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This looks nice, but I fucking hate playing mines :(
Do you hate playing mines with minefield support and babysitting a detonation chain? Or do you hate playing mines where detonate is bound to left click and any detonation chain bonus is just that but you pay no mind to it?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Do you hate playing mines with minefield support and babysitting a detonation chain? Or do you hate playing mines where detonate is bound to left click and any detonation chain bonus is just that but you pay no mind to it?

I hate having to drop things, then press D to detonate them.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The autism is strong on reddit today. It's not a 6 link it's a 5 link cause there are only 5 links for the 6 sockets lol. I should try that when buying something "it's not a 6 link".

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I always thought that 6-link stood for "6 linked sockets" not the actual number of links.

Fucking nerds.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Time for our bi-weekly 1000+ comment harvest bitch fest thread:

I'm so fucking sick of it. Delete harvest from the game, put a big fucking banner on the login screen with "IT'S NEVER COMING BACK STOP ASKING".

Worst goddamn thing they ever did to this game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'm so fucking sick of it. Delete harvest from the game, put a big fucking banner on the login screen with "IT'S NEVER COMING BACK STOP ASKING".

Worst goddamn thing they ever did to this game.

Yep, making their game more fun for a short period of time was the worst thing they ever did to the game. Not the endless item/content bloat or the terrible trade functionality; it was fun created from a system that fixed the itemization problem that was the worst.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm starting to consider playing SSF because trade requires 10-15s of load time into a hideout, even mine! It's an increase from last league, but not that much. But it's more anxious seconds of "oh god, they're going to get annoyed and impatient and cancel the trade on me". I will admit that my computer is 4 years old(some 6th or 7th gen i5, 16GB RAM, 1060 6GB). I'm still kinda hoping prices will recover from scalper and crypto mayhem(yeah, I know...). But at the same time, what has GGG added to the game that is deserving of thousands of dollars of hardware? Nothing else I play performs so poorly.

I can't do Delirium mirrors since last league. Textures for socketed skills still take 10s of seconds to load in post loading screen. I would complain about invisible Sirus textures but I've since memorized his sound cues.

So what do I do, keep bitching about texture streaming? They obviously can't get the fucking algorithm right. They aren't going to remove the "feature" at this point. The game played MUCH better before it was introduced. They can't seem to help themselves, repeating the sunk cost fallacy and bloating the core assets of the game. I'm frankly amazed they removed Perandus, but I'm betting they were forced by some abysmal performance requirement to get 3.16 certified on consoles.

So, yeah, the continued rehashing of Harvest is annoying because GGG has made it very clear the conversation is over. But at the same time, I understand the frustration they have, powerless to fix an issue except to stop playing altogether. Freedom from this game's "economy" is a powerful drug.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm starting to consider playing SSF because trade requires 10-15s of load time into a hideout, even mine! It's an increase from last league, but not that much. But it's more anxious seconds of "oh god, they're going to get annoyed and impatient and cancel the trade on me". I will admit that my computer is 4 years old(some 6th or 7th gen i5, 16GB RAM, 1060 6GB). I'm still kinda hoping prices will recover from scalper and crypto mayhem(yeah, I know...). But at the same time, what has GGG added to the game that is deserving of thousands of dollars of hardware? Nothing else I play performs so poorly.

I can't do Delirium mirrors since last league. Textures for socketed skills still take 10s of seconds to load in post loading screen. I would complain about invisible Sirus textures but I've since memorized his sound cues.

So what do I do, keep bitching about texture streaming? They obviously can't get the fucking algorithm right. They aren't going to remove the "feature" at this point. The game played MUCH better before it was introduced. They can't seem to help themselves, repeating the sunk cost fallacy and bloating the core assets of the game. I'm frankly amazed they removed Perandus, but I'm betting they were forced by some abysmal performance requirement to get 3.16 certified on consoles.

So, yeah, the continued rehashing of Harvest is annoying because GGG has made it very clear the conversation is over. But at the same time, I understand the frustration they have, powerless to fix an issue except to stop playing altogether. Freedom from this game's "economy" is a powerful drug.
I think i've mentioned it before but my computer is like 4 months old with gtx3700 blahblah and i have the same if not worse loading times and textures not rendering fully untill 10ish seconds later etc. Last league worked great and i was so happy but this league it feels like i could've just kept playing on my old computer.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seriously? God, even more of a reason not to spend thousands on a new computer. I really wish they would fix my PoB simulator.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I gained some performance following an optimization guide. I built up a tolerance to running games at minimum settings back during my EQ days when I was trying to raid on a toaster.