Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea event is a dumpster fire. I never do low level heist so I'm unsure if it always sucks this much, or if they fucked the XP specifically for this cause levels are the only race metric there is?

It's completely miserable from about level 30 onward. You get roughly 10% xp per contract from like 40-68, sometimes even less. I can't suss out any rhyme or reason behind what turns off XP during a contract, but it constantly just goes to flat 0 during escapes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You get certain amount of XP from each reinforcement spawn point. After that, you get nothing. This was their creative fix to tunnel and repository leveling.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol they just hofixed heist XP. Glad I'm already level 60 -_-

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
lmao, I dropped this shit after scourge and no interest in these events. I knew they would fuck it up. I don't know why I keep playing this game, but I find myself enjoying leagues less and less these days. Scourge was so fucking lazy its insane. I think we're seeing that the content pace here really isn't that much. They just have amazing marketing.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
IDK, I found scourge to be a great league for farming. It only took a few days to get a HH. Then, I didn't have anything else to farm for. With the endgame league next, I put off a Mageblood or Squire build until then. Free 600% IIQ+R is nuts and will be missed. Scourged maps could have been better but the few that were good were amazing.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea Scourge was a blast. I never bothered to do the white map mega scourge magic find thing, but even just having like another couple hundred monsters to kill in your maps was nutty good.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Scourge implementation was too rough for me to enjoy.

Extra monsters that would often lead to clunky map clearing. Especially if your map had low density at the start combined with no map overlay of where you've cleared Scourge.

The realization that the IIQ and IIR was only rewarding if you were interacting with trade to convert your various currencies into chaos. Scourge itself was very rarely directly rewarding.

Very poor telegraphing of danger. Either you had a build that could handle all stacks you could reasonably get in a map(probably some form of Aurora Aegis and Armor stacking), or you gotta watch that stack counter. The latter leading to feelsbadman as it could be interpreted as missing out on rewards that you could potentially have handled.

I think once you look past the more monsters and "rewards", Scourge actually highlights a lot of the pain points in this game:
- Overreliance on the "economy"
- A development cycle that is far too short
- Communication that is trending in the wrong direction
- TEXTURE STREAMING

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The mechanics weren't to my liking but it then didn't have the other thing that can hook me - story. You meet up with The Last to Die in a small but neat looking little scene and from there on out it's a couple bits of dialogue and that's it. Expedition was packed with flavor including boss fights that were as much set pieces for the story (and a final fight that tried to incorporate the explosive placement part of the league mechanic) as encounters in their own right. I wanted to see where things were going even if I wasn't super excited about all of the nerfs that came with it.

Want to be a speedy boy on some maps? No? Well that's all we've got for you. I recognize that it's not for me and I don't need every league to be for me but Scourge didn't have anything to keep me going.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think scourge was fine IF it was like a 60% effort league so they can put 140% into the next one.

Cause it kinda felt like a 60% effort for 80% fun, compared to Heist which felt like a 200% effort for 30% fun.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Really? An overreliance on trade? Scourge has to be the best league to ever play SSF in. The increased free density + iiq/r makes getting most uniques realistic. Free 6Ls. Sure, one might have to accept playing lower-tier content than usual. Or play a build more powerful to do the content one wants.

Other than gearing and scarabs I did zero trading for my HH. The time-to-HH was easily 3x faster than any other time I've farmed Tower maps(neme 3 strats).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Really? An overreliance on trade? Scourge has to be the best league to ever play SSF in. The increased free density + iiq/r makes getting most uniques realistic. Free 6Ls. Sure, one might have to accept playing lower-tier content than usual. Or play a build more powerful to do the content one wants.

Other than gearing and scarabs I did zero trading for my HH. The time-to-HH was easily 3x faster than any other time I've farmed Tower maps(neme 3 strats).
How long would it have taken if you had to gear yourself and didn't buy any scarabs nor sextants? I'm assuming nem3 farming requires buying sextants.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
ILs would be the hardest part of gearing a MF character in SSF; I have no idea on the drop rate for the cards. But, they're not required if one goes with a non-Windripper build. Everything else can drop in Tower. Doing the farm w/o scarabs and sextants for every map would triple the time needed. Still, about two maybe three weeks, gearing time included, for a HH in ssf? That's better than farming juiced BC has been since it was nerfed.

Neme 3 farming has a lot more trading required.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I actually quit this league after maybe 2-3 weeks. On par with Synthesis. Just too much too fast and nothing I felt like working towards. I did see alot of people love Scourge and especially the raw currency/frags they could net themselves. Had some people start this PoE league too and get really into it as well. I think I had beaten all the non-uber content within about 7 days and had like 150 map completion and that was about it. Usually that takes me two or so weeks to do, but I futz around with alts and stuff. No incentive to really do anything outside Energy Blade this league and I let the PoEbrainers attempt that shit. Mathil actually did literally what I wanted and it didn't work, so saved me probably 50 hours of kicking myself in the dick.

Hopefully next expac has a good balance of easy entry for most people but SOME sort of grind to work towards for the degens and nolifers. I did think about farming a HH or Mageblood this league, but honestly neither of those items really excited me. A squire would've been awesome but I feel like it's actually harder to get than the other two.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
IDK, I found scourge to be a great league for farming. It only took a few days to get a HH. Then, I didn't have anything else to farm for. With the endgame league next, I put off a Mageblood or Squire build until then. Free 600% IIQ+R is nuts and will be missed. Scourged maps could have been better but the few that were good were amazing.

Oh it was a great farming league. I was more referring to the league mechanics itself. I mean the posts here are all like "Scourge is fucking great except Scourge".

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ILs would be the hardest part of gearing a MF character in SSF; I have no idea on the drop rate for the cards. But, they're not required if one goes with a non-Windripper build. Everything else can drop in Tower. Doing the farm w/o scarabs and sextants for every map would triple the time needed. Still, about two maybe three weeks, gearing time included, for a HH in ssf? That's better than farming juiced BC has been since it was nerfed.

Neme 3 farming has a lot more trading required.
I guess my question was trying to imply: is Scourge IIR/IIQ really that much of a difference without the juice you can only easily get from trade?

And maybe it does. And maybe for every aspect of a build that they "SSF enabled", they tossed another part on the "trade only" with the super rare uniques.

And I'd still be willing to admit, quantifiably, that Scourge was an improvement for SSF, thus making my statement of overreliance on trade objectively false. I reinstalled Hearthstone yesterday to try out the armor changes to Battleground. It took me 2 hours to uninstall it. The perception of trade still being a gigantic issue, something they aren't fixing fast enough, something they've said they won't fix, makes it easy to get triggered like I was with that Blackflame problem I posted earlier.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Heist gave me a 6L replica eternity shroud lol. Surely I'll find half a dozen more elder items to make this thing worth it.

Can't even color the piece of shit cause there's no bench REEEEEE

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol fuck you endless heist, why you tease me like this when there's no tainted currency

Capture.PNG

• 2Like
  • 2Weird Boner
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Could be worse, you could be one of the poor bastards posting a mirror or mageblood.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could be worse, you could be one of the poor bastards posting a mirror or mageblood.
They really need some consolation prize for that shit. Like give me some boxes or something. I can't imagine getting my first mirror drop in an event.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users