Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Because the huge flat added cold scales way higher than the resist penalty it applies.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Dropped a Kongor's, finally time to ditch bladestorm and just go mega-cuck cyclone.

Top 5 Slayer here I come.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Aaaaaaaand dead to Chayula before I could even tell he was around. -60 chaos res be a harsh mistress.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did those bosses even have a chance to drop their special loot? All I ever got was the same trash that every other boss dropped.

And a random question -- what did GGG do to heralds? I've always been a sucker for builds with lots of HoI explosions, but when I went looking for something for this event literally the only popular build I could find that used a herald (not counting Agony) was Lightning Strike Raider.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They don't have their boss loot tables unfortunately. Only real bad thing about this event. I suspect if/when they run it again we'll see boss drop tables on them at a certain zone level, because as it is they are all just an auto skip.

They didn't really nerf heralds directly, it was the colossal blade vortex nerfs mostly. Ice/Fire are still basically as fine as they ever were, there just isn't really a skill focused on scaling massive elemental hit damage like BV did to really take advantage of them. There's some hipster stuff like fire convert cyclone, or cold bow ice shot builds etc if you have infinity money.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They added a lot of explosion type mechanics, some within skills themselves, which also led to the decrease in the use of heralds. Some stuff like Herald of Ash with the Synth rings are really powerful though and you'll see people use those.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The two-week delay explains why there has been no information about the next league yet. Unless we're not going to get information earlier as they've said.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Second run in invasion finally ended at 86 or something. Not gonna be enough for a demi with so much time left.

Also lol this random shitter boss I've never seen before in my life:

'Since Spectral Throw can hit multiple targets and the trigger has no cooldown, Morgrants can proc hundreds of Calls a second against minions'

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Squishing all the events together sure makes a ton of sense now! 3.17 is gonna have to be a banger of a league.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Squishing all the events together sure makes a ton of sense now! 3.17 is gonna have to be a banger of a league.

well, its delayed until Feb. The same month Warhammer III and Elden Ring are released. Good luck anyone playing their buggy mess with rehashed assets and mechanics from previous leagues

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's an atlas expansion so i have high hopes it's going to be an amazing time, because metamorph was and nothing about the announcment personally bothers me.
I have no issues pushing Elden ring (or any other single player game) back to when i've tired of the league and i'm not personally hyped for Lost arc.

My only worry is the knock on effects to the in game economy from other people not playing, and it looks like it could be pretty bad on that front.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Pushing it back two weeks cause the vacation time off for employees wouldn't roll over to the new year and they took it while the end of the league was happening. Didn't really say they were spending an extra 2 weeks working on the new league.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm probably skipping 3.17 for real. I'm tired of GGGs antics.

Yeah I know. In 4 months im going to be like OMG 3.17 IS LIT AF

But I'm trying to not do it tbh.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Am I just a simp? Game is better than it's ever been. Bonus events were kinda neat even if fairly low effort. League delay sucks but oh well?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Am I just a simp? Game is better than it's ever been. Bonus events were kinda neat even if fairly low effort. League delay sucks but oh well?
You're not allowed to like video games in the current year.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pushing it back two weeks cause the vacation time off for employees wouldn't roll over to the new year and they took it while the end of the league was happening. Didn't really say they were spending an extra 2 weeks working on the new league.
Is that the actual excuse they gave? That's some shitty planning if so. Still doesn't excuse spacing out mostly automated leagues a bit more.

3.17 still has some high expectations, regardless of delay. They're handling of Scourge was/is so poor that the only way it makes sense is if 3.17 delivers.

ronne ronne Nah, there's still plenty to like about the game. My misgivings are long standing issues, texture streaming/performance and trade, that they aren't going to do anything about. The flubs on flasks, support gem nerfs, and trigger mana costs are recent enough that they can still be reasonably rectified.

Honestly, the game feels like it's coming apart at the seams, it's hard to be optimistic.

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Game is good, but I'm just tired of terrible qol in the name of difficulty. Everytime I play poe I have serious wrist problems and theres so much more fun to be had if they just realized were not 1995 gaming anymore. They are making really small steps but when one of the greatest changes in the last few years to poe is the stacking of items, somethings wrong.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
It's the time to have fun that is the issue. Let's say a person does 6min maps(moderate juice) and plays for 3-hour sessions. That's 450+ clicks just to roll the maps. Add in vendor time buying/selling and that one has lost up to 1/3rd of their game session.

3-6 hours of garbage acts for each alt.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users