Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It's the time to have fun that is the issue. Let's say a person does 6min maps(moderate juice) and plays for 3-hour sessions. That's 450+ clicks just to roll the maps. Add in vendor time buying/selling and that one has lost up to 1/3rd of their game session.

3-6 hours of garbage acts for each alt.

Pretty much. Although tbh, I don't mind so much the rolling of maps. It would be nice if the same supported shit like "Keep using fusings until I 6 link" or "Keep rolling with orb of alteration until I get X mod" things like that. The fact that this game is so much click heavy has wrecked havoc on my wrists.

I swear these professional poe players like steel mage and shit are going to deal with serious problems later in life, or they are doing some kind of wrist exercises in between gaming sessions. This is worse than a bard playing EQ.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I also have wrist problems but I had it before playing PoE. PoE of course aggravates it considerably. I ice my wrist several times a day and take anti-inflammatories while playing PoE. I also bought a padded mousepad and a left-hand mouse so I have two mice on my desk and I use an ergonomic one for the right hand.

It would actually be rather easy to make an auto-it or AHK script to reroll items with alts because of the regex feature of the find text box. You can simply check the color of a pixel because the find text will highlight it if you hit a roll. Out of curiosity I googled for a script and didn't find one for autoit or AHK but some guy made a full-on program that automates all kinds of stuff:

Looks like he stopped updating it though.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also have wrist problems but I had it before playing PoE. PoE of course aggravates it considerably. I ice my wrist several times a day and take anti-inflammatories while playing PoE. I also bought a padded mousepad and a left-hand mouse so I have two mice on my desk and I use an ergonomic one for the right hand.

It would actually be rather easy to make an auto-it or AHK script to reroll items with alts because of the regex feature of the find text box. You can simply check the color of a pixel because the find text will highlight it if you hit a roll. Out of curiosity I googled for a script and didn't find one for autoit or AHK but some guy made a full-on program that automates all kinds of stuff:

Looks like he stopped updating it though.
Wouldn't this get you banned? An AHK that you described would be fine but automating entire functions like chancing seems like a red line. Maybe I'm wrong

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
If they found you? I would think so. Can they find you? No idea. I didn't try to use it because I like having my account. That program however doesn't read the game's memory; it reads the clipboard to get the item info, so it's not invasive. (says the thread I found it in anyway)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not sure I understand. You don't get more reward stacks per 20% delirium?

In act one regardless of the %delirium there's one treasure box that fills up as you murder. I'm not sure if that one box fills up faster with more delirium. The Ledge is like 85% delirious? One treasure box. The percents per area are fixed with maybe an hourly rotation? Not sure.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Got to brutus on helix raider. Ran out of flasks and portal scrolls to refill flasks after a 10 minute battle so had to log. Did not log back in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If they found you? I would think so. Can they find you? No idea. I didn't try to use it because I like having my account. That program however doesn't read the game's memory; it reads the clipboard to get the item info, so it's not invasive. (says the thread I found it in anyway)

PoE can definitely check for stuff like this and ban you. There are plenty of tools available that will automate rolling maps, vendor recipes etc. It seems quite hit or miss whether you'll get caught sooner or later. Some people have used tools for months, even years, and some seem to have been caught within weeks using similar tools. I think they have a flagging system which notifies someone somewhere, it seems pot luck if that person can be bothered to read the report or bother actioning shit.

If you care about your account, probably best to err on the side of caution and not bother.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone got an enlighten sitting around in scourge? got like 1.5 more builds I wanna dick with before they end this.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
PoE can definitely check for stuff like this and ban you. There are plenty of tools available that will automate rolling maps, vendor recipes etc. It seems quite hit or miss whether you'll get caught sooner or later. Some people have used tools for months, even years, and some seem to have been caught within weeks using similar tools. I think they have a flagging system which notifies someone somewhere, it seems pot luck if that person can be bothered to read the report or bother actioning shit.

If you care about your account, probably best to err on the side of caution and not bother.
If you've spent money on mtx/stash tabs, and you want to bot probably do it on a throwaway account for that reason. Whether it's a ban wave, or someone just sitting on a report waiting to nuke, probably going to happen at some point

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Enough of the economy influencing/known people use one of the frameworks--to have pocket aura/curse, crafting, and/or trade-snipe bots--that it was(still is) an open joke among streamers.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yea people have been rolling with some crazy shit in the past. Autoflask at %, logout at %, remove fog of war, remove particles and effects, autocrafting and vendoring. You can automate a hell of a lot in PoE, but a fully functional bot would probably be pretty difficult to code as the games quite dynamic.

The remove particles shit should be an option in options, not an option via an exploit framework.

Xevy

Log Wizard
No real surprise but Scourge not going core(not sure why they didn't make an official post):

They did make an official post: Announcements - Will Scourge Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic? - Forum - Path of Exile

Scourge could be alright for the item baking, the maps themselves were fucking nuts though for rewards. Shitting out 60 red maps in one map is great for SSF perhaps, but it just seemed like too much for trade. I don't even buy/sell maps, I just thought it was dumb I had 200 of T14-16 maps each two weeks into a league. Leaving the baking mechanic (even if it doesn't scourge maps) would be nice. Just kind of an alternate Vaal Temple deal.

The real loss from that league is the easy 6 links. That's a big QoL we'll miss if not replaced.