Path of Exile

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I finally decided to play this again and was banned within 3 days at random - now i need something else to tide me over till Lost Ark instead of playing the appeal waiting game.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
How in seven grinds did you manage that? You scammed Bex out of a mirror?
No clue, I was only level 43 and sitting in town trading some gear to girlfriend char and working on her skills. Went to grab a drink and came back downstairs ti being banned. Just my account tho not hers even tho I’ve loaded her up on mine as well. It’s kinda dumb and they said I couldn’t appeal so I just reversed charged the core supporter on our accounts and called it a day. Someone said I could make a new account but I’m like why bother? I don’t even know what software triggered the first ban i dont need to waste more time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It did. I was referring to Poet's Pen, Cospri's Malice, and Mjolner all having their ICD bumped to 0.25s.

Yea not sure the cospri build survives with losing frozen trails as well?

The raw damage numbers on fireball and rolling magma look high enough you could easily just play those as self-cast for regular hit or ignite setups.

Crackling lance is probably a legit good skill now.

Divine ire ignites should be fucking hilarious if you can stand the weird clunky nature of the skill.

I think archmage arc is probably real now? Gained 40% damage effectiveness, which is a fucking lot given all the flat you get from archmage. I dunno how realistic archmage mana is though after all the arcane surge nerfs?

Ice shot probably a real skill now and not just for korean RMT builds.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some thoughts:

lol at Absolution getting a buff. I'm pretty sure this straight affects the spell the 3 buddies cast. In this context, minions are a cheat to self cast just like mines, totems, traps, and coc. Pretty sure that will be a banger league starter that will scale well beyond as well.

Ignite DD will still be silly. Desecrate change is good QoL and a 28% damage nerf isn't enough to prevent it from scaling into nutty dps.

Weird choice of skills for compensating for the 28% damage nerf. I was considering Ignite Hexblast as a league starter, wonder why that didn't get compensation.

Death Wish(Bex Helm) will be pretty good. Saw an elementalist build using golem refresh with it that looked fun. Or the storm brand HoP. Either way, don't have to fuck around with bringing your own corpses, Descrate or Unearth.

Hydrosphere nerf means Eye of Winter is dead, no?

Fortification change misses on the bigger problem: melee based builds that do shit hit damage.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea eye of winter and I think legit every strike skill is dead with the hydrosphere change. They all lost half their boss/single target damage on that and just won't survive.

Fortify change is like...half of what it needed? But you're right it won't change anything, you'll still just take the melee hits fortify mastery and that'll be it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea not sure the cospri build survives with losing frozen trails as well?

The raw damage numbers on fireball and rolling magma look high enough you could easily just play those as self-cast for regular hit or ignite setups.

Crackling lance is probably a legit good skill now.

Divine ire ignites should be fucking hilarious if you can stand the weird clunky nature of the skill.

I think archmage arc is probably real now? Gained 40% damage effectiveness, which is a fucking lot given all the flat you get from archmage. I dunno how realistic archmage mana is though after all the arcane surge nerfs?

Ice shot probably a real skill now and not just for korean RMT builds.
No projectile compensation on those skills seems weird.

There's a guy that's playing fireball and rolling magma as self cast builds with Necro and Kitava's Thirst helm. That build will be even better, assuming your GPU can survive the VD churn required to boost your cast speed.

Crackling lance's problem wasn't damage. The skill was clunky, requiring you to stand still for far too long to build up stacks.

DD ignite will still out class it. Or if not out class, come close enough to not justify standing still for so damn long.

Not sure about archmage. You might be right. Is Storm Brand the last skill that could abuse it though?

I don't see anything about Ice Shot in the patch notes. It lost half its single target with Hydrosphere. The quiver changes are good, not sure that's enough.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Entire manifesto is pointless. They actually buffed ignite DD, the thing that needed nerfing more than any other.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I assumed that's what it was. That would be fucking annoying if you had to cast Desecrate ~15 times just to get your ape spectres back.

The damage did get nerfed, but it will still be ridiculous. It needs a Discharge-like modifier(which didn't get compensation either...).

It's still an aidsy 1-2 combo, FWIW. You can kinda get around that with Corpsewalker.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Buffing the spells that put blades in the ground does nothing to address the harsh nerfs to blade blast's AOE.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Lots of easy way to scale AoE including medium clusters and it's built into Hiero which may be the way to go with Kitava's because of mana cost synergy. Bladefall itself got buffed which means it will help clear packs well enough without blast. Blast was never much of an issue on bosses unless they were highly mobile and now with EK getting 12 projectiles not requiring a nova you can place things in a much tighter group.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fair enough on the EK, I hadn't considered that. What are you going to use for clearing in that setup though?

I'm not sold that you can realistically scale AOE to get BB to non-pathetic levels. IIRC, it was +4 to radius from gem levels at level 21 and they took another 4 for good effect. That's ~150% increased AOE required to get BB back to its prenerf baseline size. And you're not getting back to 30 radius blasts.