Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It did. I was referring to Poet's Pen, Cospri's Malice, and Mjolner all having their ICD bumped to 0.25s.
So where is this? I’ll admit not playing the past two leagues has left me a bit befuddled. Been grinding at work instead for a promotion.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Would just clear with EK, I unfortunately made it work with builds before when it was in much, much worse state. I'd have to see. I've always wanted to do a Blazing Salvo/Fireball Kitava's build with Chieftain and this might be the time. I'll have to read the balance notes to figure it out.

The CoC changes are hand-in-hand with the spell damage buffs. If some of these things were left at their current proc rate/damage, with the new spell damage and effectiveness it'd be like a 30-50% damage increase to all CoC builds. Even with the GCD reduction it's overall a buff unless you're triggering a utility spell and need 7 or more procs per second for some weird utility thing. Cospri's Malice Ice Spear CoC will still easily be a thing and now you can more easy manage the ICD timer to match up with your APS. Not saying that part is a buff, but there were people who had issues going over/under the ICD and had to dance a fine line.

Honestly I think the whammy is going to be a reduction in spell damage from jewels/passive skills somewhere. As it stands now, this seems like a small-medium buff even with the CoC changes that look major at initial glance before calculating in the up to 50% damage the spells themselves got. We'll see how they balance stuff in the patch notes but I suspect either spell cast speed or spell damage gets reduced because they either want us omega blasting big boi spells or shit spamming machine gun spells.

Again we won't know where any of this really lands until the full notes are out. Til then we've just got a bunch of puzzle pieces set up but missing the complete picture.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just a fire synergy with a clear versus single target. Not locked in, just initial thought. Could just run full convert bladefall or whatever. Basically just want a clear skill with multi proj and maybe chaining/piercing to clear shit, then the fireball proc on Kitava for big womp DPS for bosses etc. Like I said, this is all immediate 3 minutes of thought stuff. I believe I tried Frostbolt Ice Nova previously with Kitavas and the problem was the ice nova came from out of the caster, not the proj or that would be a nice QoL for that build. Less damage than possible, but easy start up for 1 chaos item and probably get you into reds fairly well.

Think the true play is probably Hiero mana stacking archmage bullshit, but you want that sweet spot of ~101+ with fast cast to just shit spam our Kitava on stuff. Archmage makes everything cost a bit too much to really go nuts with cast speed.

Caeden

I think I’m way more annoyed at the frozen trail removal. I swear these people hate fun. Glad to see we’re what? 1.5 years from the last handcast spell buff league that pretty much got soulrend dumpstered to this league which will get whatever new cool spell dumpstered. Probably gonna play but kinda sad that the CoC occultist might be off the menu.

Caeden

I figure exsanguinate mines is probably safe. But did any new cool starters get added lately? I haven’t seen much looking at 3.16 vids.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Explode corpses, burn shit.

Depends what they do to Exsanguinate. It's not a strict hit skill, so who know. Did any hybrid skill besides Fire Trap get explicitly mentioned? Trap version probably still better in longer investment if you're not picky about trap arming time delay. If you go mines, I'd say Inquisitor is better than Saboteur.

Absolution is a pretty good starter. I less sure about my previous statement, I think the minion version of the skill isn't getting changed at all. But then again, who cares how much damage the summoner portion of an Absolution does? Nobody is playing a self-cast Absolution build.

Poisonous Concoction looks untouched and is an excellent starter.

Wintertide Brand is a great starter now that brand jumping is on the tree.

Hexblast Ignite Inquisitor with Rebuke of the Vaal...maybe? 1M ignite dps in absolute shit gear using a blasphemy curse aura to clear. But it did get hit by the 28% reduction.

Caeden

Concoction and wintertide brand sound fun. Never played. I have yet to find a build that gives me the same level of video game heroin as a CoC build though. Close was spellslinger.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
First a question is anyone knows?
If you perfectly keep 3 wintertide brands + the winters end debuff on the enemy i'd assume you could quadruple your pob damage number? Minus what you lose on the ramp up, so with like 33 activations you'd average 15stacks of damage or so...would it be right to think of it like that?

on to my 2c

I'm not brave enough to go with self cast hit spells. fear it's still mostly a meme.
But maybe storm rain/lightning arrow could actually work now with better base damage bows and the quiver changes. Seems like an interesting skill to me atleast.

Before manifesto i was considering 2 builds to start with and they're probably still my starters.
1.Cold dot occ, thought spellslinger but with frozen trail gone thats actually a lot weaker so maybe wintertide brand is the way to go. Just as a starter wouldn't spend too much on it.

2.Or toxic rain respec into ele hit was another thing i was considering. Thinkin ascendant raider+zerk actually just to be hipster. There's no great dmg aura's for this so it's easy grace+determination and spell supress which is nice.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I figure exsanguinate mines is probably safe. But did any new cool starters get added lately? I haven’t seen much looking at 3.16 vids.

I'm willing to give Phreak's nerding math the benefit of the doubt. He says the damage on it got nerfed really really hard. I don't have the time code, I was listening to this while doing other things.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I'm willing to give Phreak's nerding math the benefit of the doubt. He says the damage on it got nerfed really really hard. I don't have the time code, I was listening to this while doing other things.
How can he say that without Exsanguinate being explicitly mentioned and those mentioned were a "selection"?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
First a question is anyone knows?
If you perfectly keep 3 wintertide brands + the winters end debuff on the enemy i'd assume you could quadruple your pob damage number? Minus what you lose on the ramp up, so with like 33 activations you'd average 15stacks of damage or so...would it be right to think of it like that?

on to my 2c

I'm not brave enough to go with self cast hit spells. fear it's still mostly a meme.
But maybe storm rain/lightning arrow could actually work now with better base damage bows and the quiver changes. Seems like an interesting skill to me atleast.

Before manifesto i was considering 2 builds to start with and they're probably still my starters.
1.Cold dot occ, thought spellslinger but with frozen trail gone thats actually a lot weaker so maybe wintertide brand is the way to go. Just as a starter wouldn't spend too much on it.

2.Or toxic rain respec into ele hit was another thing i was considering. Thinkin ascendant raider+zerk actually just to be hipster. There's no great dmg aura's for this so it's easy grace+determination and spell supress which is nice.
Yes, on Wintertide, the theoretical max is 4x the dot of one brand. The realistic dps? I'm not sure, the math on that one is kinda wonky and the build has never really proven itself interesting enough in dps and clear to really investigate it.

I'd advise against Lightning Arrow unless those quiver changes turn out to be awesome. Hydrosphere is going to hit its single target hard.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, on Wintertide, the theoretical max is 4x the dot of one brand. The realistic dps? I'm not sure, the math on that one is kinda wonky and the build has never really proven itself interesting enough in dps and clear to really investigate it.

I'd advise against Lightning Arrow unless those quiver changes turn out to be awesome. Hydrosphere is going to hit its single target hard.
Cool thank you.

As to lightning arrow, i'm thinking similarly to toxic rain you'd most likely have a storm rain focused ballista totem setup. Then the clear can be either another set of storm rain or perhaps lightning arrow if you can manage it.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ive been duped by bow league before so I hope to god its true this time but the little info weve got so far sounds really good (50% more added damage to base damage to bows and quivers getting damage love.

I just hope its not a toxic rain league instead of a real bow league with high pdps and conversion.

Hit-based bow attacks require an unreasonable amount of investment to reach competitive levels of damage. Builds that want to achieve this must utilise critical strikes and many skills can't sufficiently invest in this mechanic without sacrificing defensive options.

Solutions:
Give bows the same local added elemental damage modifiers as two handed melee weapons do, which are much stronger than the bow-specific modifiers used previously.

Improve the damage of bows in general, with some base types getting up to 50% more base damage than before.

Improve the Mastery options on Bow Passive clusters.

Make a number of improvements to quivers so that bows can receive much more damage from rare quivers:
  • We have reworked the quiver progression with new quiver types that provide a diverse set of useful implicits.
  • We have greatly improve Added Physical Damage modifiers on quivers.
  • We have replaced "Elemental Damage with Attack Skills" modifiers on quivers with "Increased Damage with Bow Skills" to allow quivers to roll another way to improve skills dealing Physical or Chaos damage.
  • We have taken the +1 Arrow prefix off influenced quiver modifiers and added it to the core modifier pool of quivers as a suffix.
  • We have added an extra tier to the Attack Speed and Accuracy modifiers on quivers.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How can he say that without Exsanguinate being explicitly mentioned and those mentioned were a "selection"?

He's talking about the trap/mine versions of exsang, and just the raw damage those lost via the nerfs applied to those mechanics.

I don't think exsang itself is changing at all that they've mentioned?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The manifest says: "Here is a selection of some of the skills that have been updated. The full list will be included in the patch notes." We don't have confirmation the manifesto was complete.

I wouldn't be surprised if Exsanguinate wasn't touched. Or they don't touch the hit portion but buff the DoT. GGG special to dumpster a popular ability, and using just the hit portion of the skills "feels" wrong. But damn is its coverage fantastic.

I would expect Blade Blast's damage to be buffed, otherwise it looks silly compared to the EK and BF buffs. I would want its radius bumped a bit too, but very doubtful on that.

Others that weren't mentioned but should have been:
Eye of Winter
Dark Pact
Discharge(maybe?)
Hexblast(even though nobody plays it as a self-cast hit spell, it can be)
Scorching Ray(not a hit, but you do have to stand still)
Wave of Conviction

Not sure why they couldn't be included, pretty short list.

Caeden

I still find most melee skills in this game unfun and unresponsive. We’ll see if time away changes that.