Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
dropping the pass now a pretty slick way to boost those post two week drop off numbers

Lol this thing will have 0 impact on actual player metrics. The "requirements" to unlock all the MTX in it are basically done within like 72 hours for anyone dedicated enough to the game to even consider buying something like this.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Doryani's Machinarium went up in price, likely due to speculation. I would care if a unique came only from that map, like the boots for aura stacking.

That said, it feels a bit dirty? IDK how exactly to say it, but lootboxes weren't enough for shady revenue?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Doryani's Machinarium went up in price, likely due to speculation. I would care if a unique came only from that map, like the boots for aura stacking.

That said, it feels a bit dirty? IDK how exactly to say it, but lootboxes weren't enough for shady revenue?

It blows my mind that these companies don't try any sorts of different approaches to monetization. Why not put out a list of actual features that they are running for and then give an option to pay between $0-$5 per league to support those goals or even just to support the league. They could even throw in one or two lootboxes if you pay the full five. I know that for the leagues I played I would have pitched in $5 bucks simply because I got a ton of play time out of them.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno man coming from somebody who used to be complaining about 200$ scorpions and the little birds back in beta, I think the monetization in this game turned out to be some of the least predatory in the industry.

Sure stash tabs can add up, but that's over a long time if you play a lot.

It does sadden me to think of how awesome this game could be with all the MTX put into the game as rewards in some way or another, alas thus is life now a days.

Gotta remember there are games out there with full box price that still have loot boxes and battle passes. I feel POE is at least on the other side of that spectrum.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

The loot boxes are 10,000 times more "predatory" than this pass is.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Market at work. Someone bought all the 23% quality vaal lightning strike gems for 50c and relisted them for 1.3ex to 4ex+. While browsing the market and sending tells they went poop poop relisted.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm amazed there were ANY 23 qual vaal gems for sale at that price given how popular lightning strike is heh.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The loot boxes are 10,000 times more "predatory" than this pass is.
To be clear, I'm not bemoaning the predatory aspects. People have to learn to be responsible and GGG support will block your account if you can't.

It's more like a gaming company dipping into a seemingly unrelated practice to continue funding their main focus. Like what if GGG started selling Shaper's Fireball liquor?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pages of them at exactly 50c. Few minutes ltater only a few all 1.3ex to 4ex.
Why do people think the extra 3% is even worth it on LS? 3% speed doesn't even seem that good. The alternate quality LS seems way better for mapping anyway.

Also, when the fuck are they going to fix the portal bug where you can't center the portals on the South facing side of your hideout. Even when you take the portal that is south when you come back up its the north portal, which really pisses me off when I go to click the map device and I click the south portal and go back into my map.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Why do people think the extra 3% is even worth it on LS? 3% speed doesn't even seem that good. The alternate quality LS seems way better for mapping anyway.

Also, when the fuck are they going to fix the portal bug where you can't center the portals on the South facing side of your hideout. Even when you take the portal that is south when you come back up its the north portal, which really pisses me off when I go to click the map device and I click the south portal and go back into my map.

You can't get Vaal versions of alt quality gems, and Vaal lightning strike is one of the main draws to the skill

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can't get Vaal versions of alt quality gems, and Vaal lightning strike is one of the main draws to the skill
Granted I'm retarded, but I still don't see the value of 3% increase for 1 ex, and min maxers are gonna go for alternate quality for smoother mapping or 21/20 for max damage.

Borzak

I haven't noticed it, someone mentioned you can open a map, turn your map device a certain way while the portals are open and then it doesn't change the portal each time then.

Also pretty sure all the LS gems were one person. I sent a whisper and they all disappeared and are now listed by the same person. Cut quantity ad up the price like most business. I can afford it, don't need it yet. Curious to see if someone gets left holding the large bag of ones they had at 50c and reliasted. The few now are different all price 0.1ex apart.

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This league is so good and I hardly touch the league mechanic. Past leagues I've usually just gotten through maps and gotten bored, never really did the endgame bosses and stuff, but now with the new atlas tree there's so many ways to play I want to try. I've done most of the guardians/conquerors so far, eradicator was the only real pain. Elder was a joke I'm assuming because its pretty old content, but the two new bosses are also really easy outside of the dodging balls in exarch. Next up is Maven and uber elder, then working my way through the special invitations. I guess Sirus too at some point but that fight looks like a pain to learn. Still playing my starter deadeye spectral helix, it's been a great overall build.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Granted I'm retarded, but I still don't see the value of 3% increase for 1 ex, and min maxers are gonna go for alternate quality for smoother mapping or 21/20 for max damage.

Almost no gem gains any "real" value from 23 qual heh, it's just meaningless minmax at that point.

The alt lightning strikes all don't do anything worth giving up the Vaal version for. Extra projectiles is literally worthless, more pierce is easily accomplished elsewhere, and there's no phys to speak of so the conversion is also meaningless (if not converted to cold by the tree anyway).

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Like what if GGG started selling Shaper's Fireball liquor?
If they made it so if you looked into an empty bottle it said "Gaze into the Abyss!" on the bottom I'd buy the shit out of something like that.
You know, if it was something other than Fireball 🤮

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's the voiceline he says just before teleport slamming you in the Uber Elder fight? It doesn't print anything, so I've never been able to make it out clearly. "Join me in misery", something like that?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This league is so good and I hardly touch the league mechanic. Past leagues I've usually just gotten through maps and gotten bored, never really did the endgame bosses and stuff, but now with the new atlas tree there's so many ways to play I want to try. I've done most of the guardians/conquerors so far, eradicator was the only real pain. Elder was a joke I'm assuming because its pretty old content, but the two new bosses are also really easy outside of the dodging balls in exarch. Next up is Maven and uber elder, then working my way through the special invitations. I guess Sirus too at some point but that fight looks like a pain to learn. Still playing my starter deadeye spectral helix, it's been a great overall build.
The mechanic is def worth running every map even if you aren't specifically conforming to combinations or recipes.

I have had 3 Exalt drop from the league mechanic in mediocre play time, one from an actual currency combo, the other two just from shit I was getting rid of for inventory space.

To your point, the new Atlas is a great improvement, and I really like the new Atlas passive tree as well.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You can get Vaal Alt Quality gems, but the Vaal part won't be Alt Quality. So you can get a 21/20 Anomalous Lightning Strike, but the Vaal part of it will inherit the default quality bonus. You also can't hit 21/23 Alt Qual Vaal because the Doryani's only does 2 corruptions at once (+/- level, +/-qual, Vaal).

Their battlepass should have been 15 dollars akin to every other battlepass out there and should have been usable with shop coins and then there'd be basically no valid complaints. The FOMO nerds can suck it if they're worried about not having LTE skins. Every game in the fuck world does this shit. EQ even has this stuff.

I'm coming up on my 10 year PoE account birthday next month and I've never bought a single MTX. I have dozens from league challenges, free boxes, old school races, etc, but I just don't care what my character looks like sitting still. I have bought every single tab they offer though, as I feel they deserve the $30-60 bucks each year it comes out to. Shit like the gem tab and flask tab are a godsend for leveling new characters or giving guildmates weird shit they're too lazy to pick up.

Maybe next battlepass (if they even do it again) they'll drop the price and that would reduce a lot more of the public salt.

Borzak

Been playing 5 years with free MTX I get along the way. I bought a $60 supporter pack this year and it will probalby last me another 5 years. I needed to pick up a few stash tabs I missed along the way skipping some leagues so got the MTX and enough points to pick up the tabs and have some left over for another league or whatever.