Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How would your rank the leagues? I think my order of favorites is like this (not necessarily their current status but how I felt about ‘em when they came out)
- delve
- legion
- betrayal
- ritual
- incursion

Xevy

Log Wizard
Probably something like:

Delve
Harvest
Ultimatum
Heist
Metamorph

bottom tier

Beastiary
Synthesis
Torment (can't even really rank old leagues)

These are purely based off the mechanics of the league. If you cover other stuff like bringing uniques/old content up-to-date it's definitely this league and probably Ultimatum due to all the shit around it. For overall "fun" in a league I'd wager it was Harvest or Harvest 2.0 AKA Ritual maybe. This league is very fun and amazing for target farming drops/content, but I just burned out too fast. Too much too quickly for me personally. Think that + the Lost Arkers and Elden Ringers being gone permanently or temporarily will destroy trade even faster than usual.

Will say this must have been THE league for SSF (outside maybe Harvest/Ritual). Those people must be fucking sliding out of their chairs with all the power they have now.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Did physical trapper very cas. Didn’t mind it but when I got into the “real” endgame of farming semi-juiced maps (without delirium), it felt like the dmg for clear was falling off. I was running Ashes, double CIP, but just 20/20 exsanguinate and regular chain. I don’t mind a build running a clear and a boss skill, but meaty maps and exsanguinate wasn’t cutting it. I did build fairly defensive with only one cluster setup.

I also suck at the searing exarch bullet hell phase. Lol. I’ve always sucked at single character width mouse movements in this game.

Caeden

Had some fucking time to play this morning and the servers are fucked somewhat. I kept crashing moving shit in and out of my unique tab

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Did physical trapper very cas. Didn’t mind it but when I got into the “real” endgame of farming semi-juiced maps (without delirium), it felt like the dmg for clear was falling off. I was running Ashes, double CIP, but just 20/20 exsanguinate and regular chain. I don’t mind a build running a clear and a boss skill, but meaty maps and exsanguinate wasn’t cutting it. I did build fairly defensive with only one cluster setup.

I also suck at the searing exarch bullet hell phase. Lol. I’ve always sucked at single character width mouse movements in this game.

Just pickup a totem or ballista for the fight if you don't already have one. You can then have them eat the rolling balls and not have to deal with that garbage.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I need a few more attempts on the fight, especially with a build that doesn't fall over to Baran squares(Doryani's Prototype), but the Elderslayer Invitation feels like a bit too much is happening at once. The Feared works as an invitation because they have strong visual precursors to what must be avoided, with maybe the exception of the Synthete's teleport sludge. I feel like all the Elderslayers are aural precursors with weak visuals. You're not going to notice either with all 4 of them + Maven yammering at you.

Smite, aura stacking, Doryani's Prototype, and Replica Dreamfeather is a pretty good build. Wish those stupid Ancestor totems would stay alive longer.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe I need a few more attempts on the fight, especially with a build that doesn't fall over to Baran squares(Doryani's Prototype), but the Elderslayer Invitation feels like a bit too much is happening at once. The Feared works as an invitation because they have strong visual precursors to what must be avoided, with maybe the exception of the Synthete's teleport sludge. I feel like all the Elderslayers are aural precursors with weak visuals. You're not going to notice either with all 4 of them + Maven yammering at you.

Smite, aura stacking, Doryani's Prototype, and Replica Dreamfeather is a pretty good build. Wish those stupid Ancestor totems would stay alive longer.
I've found it similar to the hidden, you either solve it by dps'ing them down quick before they're all up or you're kinda screwed with the whole arena a death zone, although not as nasty as the hidden.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've found it similar to the hidden, you either solve it by dps'ing them down quick before they're all up or you're kinda screwed with the whole arena a death zone, although not as nasty as the hidden.
I really dislike that a lot of endgame problems in this game are solved by more dps. I specifically look for builds that are not 100% dps uptime bossers so that I can focus on avoiding mechanics. And almost always I either give up on those builds because they wind up being squishy, boring to clear(don't want to play two characters at once), or dumping more exalts into the 100% dps uptime build was a better solution.

Thus I frequently end up finishing a league bum rushing achievements via multiple portals. Doesn't feel satisfactory.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

My return after about 3 leagues away has me wanting some masochism but not dependent on other players or economy.

This is the best way to express why I think I might try to hit up one more build before bonking to Elden Ring. I also realize that maybe a SSF is another approach but my limited time puts me into considering standard. I was going to try to knock out a good bit of challenges but why? I have zero plans to touch this prior to the next atlas update.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can't figure out this guy's build. poe.ninja

I mean, I get the intent. Curse shit, end the hex somehow, high level doom blast triggers and causes a high damage ignite. With Shaper of Flame, Profane Bloom, and Fan the Flames, that more or less proliferates as far as Fan the Flames and Profane Bloom will reach almost instantaneously. This is standard Elementalist stuff for a while with Obliteration wand, new to Occultist as of this patch.

What I can't figure out is how he's ending the hex with doom early. He's got enough duration and temp chains that it lasts at least 20s. Is it because he's under the curse limit and the last curse triggered by Vixen's ends Despair almost instantly? If so, that would make for some shitty single target dps since it will never have any doom. I guess you could somehow swap in +1 curses for bosses. But even then, you don't want for the curse to end naturally. Does casting the same curse again count as ending it for Impending Doom?

Finally got around to testing it myself.

Self cast 1 curse supported by Impending Doom: will never trigger Doom Blast by casting the same curse again. You have to remove it via Hexblast or letting it expire naturally.
Self cast 1 curse supported by Impending Doom and trigger 1 curse in Vixen's Entrapment(+1 curse limit): pretty much the same thing.
Self cast 1 curse supported by Impending Doom and trigger 2 curses in Vixen's Entrapment: self cast curse goes boom. Impending Doom seems to be scaled by Doom on self cast curse because spamming it was definitely resulting in less damage per hit than waiting for a few seconds.

This seems like a bug? Sure, you're not cheating some 1-2 combo down to one button as you need to curse a pack and then curse it again. But with Profane Bloom, the proliferation available to ignites, and base cast time on curses, you're likely still cruising along quite quickly and comfortably.

Last edited:

Caeden

Not a good sign. Nobody playing in guild as much. Trade slow as shit. I will probably be done with this second build this weekend.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I guess Elden Ring and/or Lost Ark are really good.

Another reason trade sucks: people, understandably, use it as a bellwether for health of the league. Having fun? Keep playing! Unless the gear you want isn't available and isn't reasonable obtained otherwise, then bitch away.

I'm going to try Impending Doom Ignite because it look stupid as fuck and still might work. That's the heart of PoE for me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Elden ring is amazing, 10/10. And i guess people enjoy lost ark too alltough it doesnt interest me much.
Bet GGG are kicking themselves right now for pushing the expansion that concided with cyberpunk. Kinda sad because this league doesnt deserve bad retention.

Plan to finish my 38th challenge (done 37) once i'm done with elden ring. But if it feels like a chore i won't push it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea Elden Ring is a bit of a thing heh. I'll be finishing challengers sooner or later but for now it's all fingers, but hole

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If shit only happened early league. Cards to get 4 six links on one mob. Kirac mission find the stack of cards, 4 of stacks. 44 cards or whatever it added up to.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I think this is the typical doldrums time for a league. Timing with Lost Ark and Elden Ring is just the icing on the cake lol.

I finally found a cluster jewel that increased my tooltip DPS by 30%, and stopped playing a day later. Interest just dropped immediately, dunno why.

Bought Kingdom: Two Crowns on a 50% sale after watching an indie spotlight video and was instantly addicted.

See y'all next league.

Borzak

Beyond map, delerium, breach that openes on two abyss is kind of a killer on my ghetto PC I learned. Well not killed but heavily learning slideshowish.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This thread is pretty dead but seems like they're starting the testing for gamepad support(on PC obviously), with the plan to release it fully with next league. Sounds pretty cool, there's a bunch of stuff where it's not gonna optimal(endgame bossing), but for shit like leveling casually and smashing alch and go maps, it sounds pretty nice.

Borzak

Have a "few" ex now and was going to start a new character. Did LS and a cyclone. About as far as I wanted to take them with about 10ex in each. Thought about a winter orb build but jeeze looked up a few and they're either league start and dump as soon as you can map or 100ex or more.