Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Patch Notes said:
Archnemesis modifiers are able to be gained by characters through sources such as Headhunter and Inspired Learning, though you are only able to have one instance of each modifier at any given time.

animation.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Big relative buff to inspired learnings (+ mageblood)

Mageblood yes, but IL? I dunno. IL will grab only 1 of the mods, and it can grab a dupe (and thus do nothing) where as HH would grab something new every time unless you already had every mod.

I like Cutedogs take. 6 weeks into the league, people still playing want to juice. But yeah Mageblood + IL is gonna be about as good as it gets for juice.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mageblood yes, but IL? I dunno. IL will grab only 1 of the mods, and it can grab a dupe (and thus do nothing) where as HH would grab something new every time unless you already had every mod.

I like Cutedogs take. 6 weeks into the league, people still playing want to juice. But yeah Mageblood + IL is gonna be about as good as it gets for juice.
I might be misremembering the livestream but i was under the impression monsters wouldn't have a long shopping list of mods anymore. If that is the case then IL when put against HH would grab 2 mods out of 4? instead of 2 out of 10 or something like it is now.
Also im not aware if theyve clarified at all if IL would grab a mod you already have and do nothing or refresh the timer, or if it avoids mods you have.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I might be misremembering the livestream but i was under the impression monsters wouldn't have a long shopping list of mods anymore. If that is the case then IL when put against HH would grab 2 mods out of 4? instead of 2 out of 10 or something like it is now.
Also im not aware if theyve clarified at all if IL would grab a mod you already have and do nothing or refresh the timer, or if it avoids mods you have.

There's like 12 Archnemesis mods, but remember that these are only replacing the old rare/magic mods. All the mods like "Extra HP" or "Extra MP" etc are still going to be there. So if you have a mob with 4 AN mods, and 3 non-AN mods, HH will pick up 7, and IL will pick up 1.

The HH was nerfed, and it sucks. But it's still probably going to be a 30-40ex item if I had to guess, only because of movement speed alone.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's like 12 Archnemesis mods, but remember that these are only replacing the old rare/magic mods. All the mods like "Extra HP" or "Extra MP" etc are still going to be there. So if you have a mob with 4 AN mods, and 3 non-AN mods, HH will pick up 7, and IL will pick up 1.

The HH was nerfed, and it sucks. But it's still probably going to be a 30-40ex item if I had to guess, only because of movement speed alone.
Where did "extra hp" and "extra mp"(what is this?) come from then?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Where did "extra hp" and "extra mp"(what is this?) come from then?

Sorry I'm dumb, I means ES. Too used to the HP/MP thing lol. With that said though I'm not sure ES and Life will be something that can be stolen or not, but their own livestream of the new mods show examples of what I'm talking about (so I assumed HP/ES would be something). I guess I'm curious what white mods can appear, but my overall point is that AN mods are not the *only* mods that an IL or HH would steal.

1652058292252.png
1652058363280.png
1652058411765.png
1652058696864.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think those are mods inherent to the mob type and not stealable. Never played with a HH or Inspire Learning though, so take that for what it's worth.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I think those are mods inherent to the mob type and not stealable. Never played with a HH or Inspire Learning though, so take that for what it's worth.

If that's the case then I'm not sure. But if that's the case then IL and HH probably have little discernable difference. I always assumed that HH stole all mods, including inherent ones. I guess we'll know in the future!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone here played TS bleed glad? How does it feel to progress and whats the ceiling for around 100ex? 100% del juiced maps being the defacto ceiling.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don’t understand how they can be ok with the afk ward loop builds being unchanged. Maybe the items will just be a lot rarer? Those builds are basically immortal

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
More of a map farming build. You can do boss killing, especially as champion, but the DPS is never going to be impressive compared to the investment.

I like the versions that use Poet's Pen or Asenath's Chant to supplement KB or TS with another life-costing ability. High levels of CF require ~5 activations of TS to maintain a 8s debuff. Your personal comfort level may decide whether that's ok or not, but I didn't find it fun. It's akin to maintaining an eternal mana flask when Cold BV was popular. Doable, but annoying to have that constant push to keep moving and spending life.

Divine Blessing and Champion put an interesting twist on the build. It's a 1-button push to maintain an aura and Adrenaline.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don’t understand how they can be ok with the afk ward loop builds being unchanged. Maybe the items will just be a lot rarer? Those builds are basically immortal
Have you tried the build? It is immortal until it isn't. CaptainLance had a wrapup video on it and I agree with almost all of what he said.

I'm sure with enough investment, you can achieve effective immortality. Until that point, there will be enough things punching through your ward and life total since you have 0 mitigation besides resists.

The popularity of the build will keep it in check. The gear required for game breaking will be very expensive. Already was last league. And who knows, maybe they didn't change Drought Bringer. Hopefully that isn't what they decided, that's a crude "fix".

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Without a new round of meme builds that a lot of poeple will go for is hard to nail down what might be cheaper than usual.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If that's the case then I'm not sure. But if that's the case then IL and HH probably have little discernable difference. I always assumed that HH stole all mods, including inherent ones. I guess we'll know in the future!
I would say this is a point against. From EGG:
  • Defeat 100 5-mod Rare Monsters in Tier 16 Maps
That would suggest that 4 Archnemesis mods are uncommon in regular maps, which is what Chris said. And there's a way to get 5 mods(map affix, corruption, enchant, atlas passive, etc) that makes it enough of a slog to put it in EGG. If extra HP or extra phys damage or "block spells" were a mod(and thus stealable), I don't think 5 mod would be an EGG.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I would say this is a point against. From EGG:
  • Defeat 100 5-mod Rare Monsters in Tier 16 Maps
That would suggest that 4 Archnemesis mods are uncommon in regular maps, which is what Chris said. And there's a way to get 5 mods(map affix, corruption, enchant, atlas passive, etc) that makes it enough of a slog to put it in EGG. If extra HP or extra phys damage or "block spells" were a mod(and thus stealable), I don't think 5 mod would be an EGG.

Very possible. I guess we'll see, but if those are not mods and not stealing, then HH would be less than my original guess and probably legit be a 10-15ex item or so, and IL will probably be about the same as it is today, 2-3ex.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was the mage blood card a supporter card? Am wondering if it will now be the most expensive card in game, since it’s a smaller set than house of mirrors. Guessing a two implicit corrupted card is coming soon

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was i naive thinking spectral helix would carry pretty much anything to atleast maps?

Wanted to league start a champ+perseverance build, starting with helix and changing to LS like this (alltough i would change some things from the video)
In short it goes right side to pick up claw and crit nodes for damage but it struggles so hard with bosses (even big bosses so helix should be extra good) i had to come and ask if it's just a doomed leveling build (like you have to level poison or something) or am i doing something wrong?
Actually don't have the fortify ascendancies yet, i forgot i had clicked them to check something

I usually league start with casters, so i'm not used to attack starters but wanted to try because perserverance appeals to me. Might have to reconsider because this practice run gave me serious doubts.