Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
People are so mad about nemesis mods they haven't even gotten to yet or realized how much of an assfucking they are in for with sentinel juice lol.

It's like mashing 80% delirium on to packs of mobs with the click of a button, but with almost none of the rewards!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sentinel is incredibly good loot, especially when you get your filaments set up. I'm honestly thinking about blocking Delirium because I think Sentinel is more consistent and just as good rewards with less bullshit. And there's no fucking way I'm doing Delirium + Sentinel, because that's just like 80% reduced damage and a whole lot of bullshit mechanics thrown on top.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh the /kills command is pretty neat too. Like to do it every time an exalt drops. I got one at 55k, 65k and 80k. People I'm playing with are 150k in without one.

I got at least two of my three using a currency sentinel.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree bout sentinel it is very rewarding and easy, only issue is if you buff a 4 archnemesis essence or something

But Gwennen best bae..HH after 4 rerolls : )
Don't know if i should reroll or not. Made a belt-locked build with perseverance cause i don't even get HH every league and certainly not this early.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree bout sentinel it is very rewarding and easy, only issue is if you buff a 4 archnemesis essence or something

But Gwennen best bae..HH after 4 rerolls : )
Don't know if i should reroll or not. Made a belt-locked build with perseverance cause i don't even get HH every league and certainly not this early.

Wait and see what they decide to do with it first, they said they're gonna counter-buff it to make up for less modifiers on rares now.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait and see what they decide to do with it first, they said they're gonna counter-buff it to make up for less modifiers on rares now.

Probably hard to beat for map clear no matter the case even if not as OP as before

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
First sent chest I found I equipped it and then clicked it. I mean how hard could it be at lvl 2 or whatever I was. LOL. Mob was ribht by the zone in. I had to reset the zone. Good luck new player.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This shit ain't fun. I started exsanguinate mines inquisitor. My gear still sucks, perhaps this was the wrong league to stick to my pseudo ssf playstyle, but I can't imagine even doubling my dps and ehp would solve the main problem I'm having. Some shit just lives too fucking long. I can't keep shit off me and damn they hurt.

Considering rerolling smite aura stacker because some PACKS require the burst dps it can deliver, not just endgame bosses.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You guys haven't hit the real sentinels yet if you think it's easy lol.

Red sentinels with like 40-60 empowerment are basically 80+% delirium orb difficulty. Yea they have loot mostly, but normies are gonna blow a gasket when they equip one of these and try and run their white map or whatever.

Even after all the nerfs this is still closer to gauntlet than it is a normal PoE league heh. Reddit's gonna be a shitshow for weeks.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think this league is going to do a good job at exposing how barebones the gameplay loop is. I mean, to some degree, everyone knows how simplistic it is. But at long as you're blowing shit up and making progress, who cares?

The amount of times you're going to run into an unkillable rare, or a pack of mobs you can't keep off you, will show how few tools this game has for protracted battles. Boss fights are an exception to this because they're designed to be dodged and are not up in your shit whacking you for half health.

I've had to skip some Essence mobs in white maps. 2+ Screaming, for some reason, can result in a mob with a fuckton of HP. Skipping Blight, Metamorph, and Abyss. The few Expeditions I tried were a bit clenchy.

I want to power through this. This build can shit out dps, 15M on maybe 10 ex? On top of ridiculous Aegis Aurora and Melding of Flesh Inquisitor combo. But damn, having to run past rares and skip content(in white maps!) is so demoralizing.

Reddit is often bombastic, but I think they're kinda justified this time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree the damage spounges can be bad and they should fix it but in the meanwhile i just move on from those mosters that have shaper HP...My thoughts on it being easy was mostly in the way it plays...as in pressing the button and just keep playing while you collect your loot is a easy/fun way to do it as compared to some concerns before league that pressing the buttons would be annoying. Theres no reason not to do this league content i think as opposed to archnemesis.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I might have over-reacted a tad. Turns out I was using my skellies on a 1 link cause I had picked up Vaal Skellies before mapping to just level it up but apparently it replaced my 4 link regular skellies in my right click. Oh I was also leveling skellies in a link with skitter and infernal legion so they would just instantly die.

I ran about 10 maps before I realized this. Clown of the league award?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I usually clown around leveling up without a clear progression path on a build, which usually isn’t an issue. But Definitely feel punished for it this league. I’m in act 5 and struggling like it’s 2016 again. Based on how hard endgame sounds now, am guessing I need to hang out doing some low lvl money making strategy for a while - heist maybe? If that isn’t also buffed to holy hell?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I actually rather enjoy the new rare system, but it definitely has scaling issues related to past league content. Stuff stacks up in such a way that you spend 30s killing some big fat essence rare mob for it to drop...the usual essences? A lot of this would feel a lot more plateable if those giga stacked 3-4-5 mod rares actually had a decent little loot pop or something.

Like some others mentioned above stuff like legion/abyss is just pointless now with how tough those monster base types are combined with the new mods. Just never worth doing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well I might have over-reacted a tad. Turns out I was using my skellies on a 1 link cause I had picked up Vaal Skellies before mapping to just level it up but apparently it replaced my 4 link regular skellies in my right click. Oh I was also leveling skellies in a link with skitter and infernal legion so they would just instantly die.

I ran about 10 maps before I realized this. Clown of the league award?
Friendly reminder for anyone hitting maps.

Type /passives. Scroll all the way down to be sure. You're welcome.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man summoner is not for me. Just transitioned to mages so we shall see but I think it'll at least be safe enough in this crazy league? I think my mistake was going skellie warriors over absolution but I got lucky with an ex so I'm just buying the jewel now and not looking back.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The only wonky mechanic that I think a lot are not liking is how your first sentinel encourages backtracking. Pop sent at first blue pack and then zoom through entire map trying to use up as many charges as possible. Then, working your way backwards to kill all those juiced mobs. Then, going back a 3rd time since.. well the boss is at the end of the map. The feeling of having say 90 targets and having your sent run out with 79 still remaining since you were actually trying to kill as you go is making the average play feel like they are missing out and causing this 'I got robbed' feeling.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You....are playing that way? The duration on the red sentinels, which is the only one that works the way you are describing, is more than long enough to just play normally and have it juice stuff as you go.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had started to at first, but then just went and killed what I could as I went. I typically can use about 15-20 charges before the time runs out on the stalker one. However, if it says it empowers 90+ mobs it feels like a big waste imho. Some of those empowered mobs are easily 5 to 10 times rougher than map bosses and I end up just skipping past them since I don't want to waste the sentinel's timer. Thats me though. I'm only in white maps right now.