Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Apparently GGG has a big aversion to risk versus reward. Seems like they went over that before as why the boss doesn't drop the best loot. The hardest stuff only in a few instances drops the best loot.

Last edited:

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
and that in a game where you throw all your shit away every three months. Heaven forbid someone gets a good drop now and then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

You just have to throw 100,000 chance orbs at it or whatever the flavor of the month is.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, I just watched Mathil's latest vid about doing the Uber Uber Bosses and he got the square root of Sweet Fuck All for drops. Shouldn't there be a guarantee of... something dropping from the hardest encounters in the game? I mean, limit their access somehow, but if you do actually beat them something good should drop or wtf is even the point?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ya, I just watched Mathil's latest vid about doing the Uber Uber Bosses and he got the square root of Sweet Fuck All for drops. Shouldn't there be a guarantee of... something dropping from the hardest encounters in the game? I mean, limit their access somehow, but if you do actually beat them something good should drop or wtf is even the point?
Yeah, I actually thought they'd guarantee a drop too, but they don't. But I guess I was thinking of it wrong. I was thinking of it like you get to it AFTER regular Maven/Elder/Etc. But no, it's just the normal one, with the same path to get to it, turnt to 11. I guess it kind of makes sense because they already have chase items you can get from them, but it just feels bad depending how rare these items are going to be. He did get one from Giga Elder, but it died after he died and he was out of portal so he saw the lvl 87 prismatic jewel drop and never got a chance to pick it up.

The /kills command continues to be one of the best QoL ever. Now when some whiney fuck says "I HAVENT EVEN FOUND AN EXALT YET!!!!" and you ask them to /kills and they're at 10,000, you can tell them to go fuck themselves. It's also an interesting way to gauge power of your character. For instance I was at about 80,000 kills Saturday and now my character is close to 200,000. The sheer volume of mobs you just progressing through maps is insane. If you're a real fucking nerd you can /kills before and after a juiced map to find out how good density is map v map if you're looking to set up favorite maps or delirium or whatnot.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How dare you exile. Pay 1ex for a writ and beat Uber maven, you’re guaranteed a 10c sextant!. ggg heard you and listened , what more do you want??

• 1Smuggly

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Having something I hate like Ice Prison be able to appear when I'm doing almost anything sucks the root.

There's....4? 5? Separate nemesis mods that make mobs immune to cold ailments, those dudes all have to be absolutely seething right now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Some chode reviewed Effigy and thought the only issue was minions. And I'm still not sure that's enough for them specifically.

Effigy: Summoned Effigies will now wait 2 seconds before using their Taunt Skill upon linking to a Player.

They're getting closer, but I'm hoping this isn't the last round of major adjustments. There's still some really unfun mods. Incursion or newer content is full of chunky rares(Delve and Incursion were already at this point from last HP buff to rares). Is this 2-Essence monster going to take 2s or 2 minutes? Like, a good majority of the game is playable if you use your brain, know which content to avoid, which rares to walk away from. Just doesn't feel good to do so.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still getting started in this league and so dont have first hand appreciation for the new rare mod bs yet. how far will this starter setup get me?
pastebin.com/HP98Q8T3

Took about an ex total to make (minus the forbidden flesh/flame jewels), as I am trying to save up for somehting else later. Its full spell suppression but i cant seem to get out of the 70ish evade chance. Is this gonn get raped?

edit - slight update

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Poe's loot tables continue to be the low point in the game. My build melts everything in less than a second, i clear maps like it's a running simulator, i farm maps non stop for hours and don't get a fucking thing worth more than 1c (besides rares that are about 10c).

Elemental hit deadeye is underrated as fuck. I originally was fire with quill rain xophs blood, dropped the fire shit and went with Trinity and my damage went through the roof.

It's unfortunate because every league it's the same shit, i scrape together a build and endlessly run maps and it's just boring after a while with an exalt drop being the pinnacle of excitement but that wears off when you need many many exalts to take your build to the next level.

I've played every league since the game came out and i feel like it's only gotten worse, the game really took a shit on getting good drops when they started adding more mods to wands and it's only gotten worse from there.

Legacy league or legion was probably the peak in my opinion, they have really lost the plot since then trying to scale back power creep and it's just gotten so much farther away from trying to make a fun experience.

All that said it's hands down the best arpg, i just wish they would pull their head out of their ass. You don't want easy trading but you have this fucking lottery loot system that is antithetical to acquiring shit you want/need.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
Too bad GGG doesn't realise they only need to scale the range of possible outcomes to ilvl for dropped items and leave crafting as is for everyone to be happy.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Poe's loot tables continue to be the low point in the game. My build melts everything in less than a second, i clear maps like it's a running simulator, i farm maps non stop for hours and don't get a fucking thing worth more than 1c (besides rares that are about 10c).

Elemental hit deadeye is underrated as fuck. I originally was fire with quill rain xophs blood, dropped the fire shit and went with Trinity and my damage went through the roof.

It's unfortunate because every league it's the same shit, i scrape together a build and endlessly run maps and it's just boring after a while with an exalt drop being the pinnacle of excitement but that wears off when you need many many exalts to take your build to the next level.

I've played every league since the game came out and i feel like it's only gotten worse, the game really took a shit on getting good drops when they started adding more mods to wands and it's only gotten worse from there.

Legacy league or legion was probably the peak in my opinion, they have really lost the plot since then trying to scale back power creep and it's just gotten so much farther away from trying to make a fun experience.

All that said it's hands down the best arpg, i just wish they would pull their head out of their ass. You don't want easy trading but you have this fucking lottery loot system that is antithetical to acquiring shit you want/need.

Can I get a pob? I'm doing spectral helix deadeye at the moment and while it has the damages it's also kind of a pain sometimes.

Borzak

Haven't done anything this league. Anyone have a caster build. Doesn't have to be top end achievable as I only do a limited number of bosses.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can I get a pob? I'm doing spectral helix deadeye at the moment and while it has the damages it's also kind of a pain sometimes.

It's not optimized and i did spec into EE which is why theres random skill points leading there but i ran out of regrets... because it just doesn't work with elemental hit with barrage.

Plan was to add more inspired learnings and transition the whole duelist area into cluster jewels near acrobatics when I get more funds.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do you survive anything that gets into melee range?

You assume anything gets into melee range. Most things are frozen or destroyed in seconds. Snipers mark adds chain and the entire screen explodes. Grace alone makes it very rare that I get hit at all.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a lot more min maxing, getting my lightning res 2% lower and adding a wise oak would do a ton for damage and defense, getting a chest that isn't a tabula would make it infinitely better, flasks really need improving but, funds are tight. 6 linking a quill rain would be my best avenue so I can pick up a really good cheap chest, even if its not linked.

Vaal grace and immortal call on a CWDT setup would help a lot, adding defiance in somewhere would help as well.

Just a lot of shit that still needs to be done but I haven't had any problems with nemesis rares or bosses so far so its just a matter of time, unless I quit.

The build can transition away from quillrain into a +3 bow to add a ton more damage, most of the high end EH builds ive seen are pushing 16m dps. Im just kinda winging it but EH is super strong because of the flat elemental damage it gives.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't done anything this league. Anyone have a caster build. Doesn't have to be top end achievable as I only do a limited number of bosses.
Meta starters this league with spells are like sabo Seismic trap and Inq RF w/ fire trap

Don't think self casting in the traditional way is too popular but I wanted to mention Mathils poison phantasmal spark from last league, looked like fun, but then i remembered ashes is 30ex now so perhaps not.