Path of Exile

Chris

Potato del Grande
I dont know if they ever took inspiration from there, but they have said that they took real life inspiration for a lot of the architecture they used in the game. They found some real fkn shit holes if thats the case lol.
I assumed it was from Roman ruins but I guess any collapsed medertarianian style European building fits the bill.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Got around to doing the uber fights this weekend for achievements. These fights were clearly unrefined. Which can be ok, if they hadn't made them a large chunk of achievements.

Uber Eater: pure bullshit. Even Mathil hates this fight. The margin of error on dodging his "Perish" attack is non-existent. I did the fight twice and never managed to dodge it. No other mechanic killed me. Had to end up graveyard zerging it.

Uber Exarch: not quite as bullshit, but almost. The room for improvement with more practice is there, but more on that in a bit.

Uber Maven: honestly, fine. Maven's Memory game doesn't belong in PoE though, so it's hard to think the harder version of an already flawed fight is exciting.

Uber Shaper: bullet hell is what exarch's meteor maze should be. You can survive 1, maybe 2 hits, and there's lots of ways to improve. Get some spell suppress though. Eating just one shaper ball kills you otherwise.

Uber Uber Elder: ran out of portals on my only set. 0 spell suppression is brutal on this fight.

Uber Sirus: I was prepared to be pissed about this one and...2 deaths. Maybe having a ton of dps really helps on this fight. He meteored me only once.

Uber Cortex: lol? Wouldn't be surprised to see this get a major adjustment next league. As much as more dps helps against most bosses, it is most apparent here. Deathless first attempt.

Which leads to the overall problem with these fights. There's definitely room for improvement on my part. But I don't feel like putting in the work. There's no guaranteed drop like shaper and elder guardians that makes your time worthwhile. IDK, maybe rewarding casual bossing can't exist in an BoE economy.

Can't wait for the conditional achievements for these fights next league...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Spell suppression turns a lot of one-shot mechanics into 1.5 shot mechanics which is all you need in some Uber fights to keep going. I've done them all except Uber Eater and Uber Uber Elder (or maybe I did? I don't know) and Sirus can pull some classic Sirus bullshit like Die beaming you instantly or off-screen, which is fun. Maven's game is indeed bullshit, and the Uber version just adds more headache to an already stupid mechanic. Cortex is 100% a slot machine. Get 5 extra proj with 800% crit and 200% extra phys as fire? See you in Hell! I did like 4 Uber Cortex and deathless'd 2 and RIP'd 2. I think I had an extra Proj, 80% reduced crit damage (lul), and 200% more monster life and I got to phase 3 or 4 before ripping it. At that point my 60ish+m dps or whatever I had didn't matter as it's more like 10mdps and they're spewing out shit everywhere that's gibbing me or my totems.

I think these fights are tailor-made to certain builds, or are SUPPOSED to be, but obviously most people just have a "bosser" they use and hope it's one-size fits all type of deal. Most bosses you just assblasted to death so mechanics besides some weak immune phases like Atziri/Elder/Sirus where you just manually dodge. Now it's finding the right time to attack while constantly dodging so set-up shit like mines and traps and even some totems can get fucked by dumb shit when you have 5 second DPS windows and totem activation is like 2 seconds alone.

Overall cool idea and neat that they added them for people wanting a challenge, but I think for the most part their Uber loot sucked and it just wasn't worth it. I know most people would rather instant kill Exarch 20 times on white rolled frags than attempt an Uber unless they had that fight down pat.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm considering making block or evasion + spell suppression a requirement on all my builds. I'm not sure how reliable armor is since it doesn't cover elemental hits, but I'd still try to shove that in as well just for VMS. All subject to change next league of course.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'd be surprised if suppression doesn't get nerfed next league. Either by dropping the damage reduction to 40% or lowering all the affix values on gear making it far harder to cap if you're not actively pathing around that side of the tree. I'd wager the latter is more likely.

Also wouldn't surprise me to see some boss attacks change to not be so "spell" heavy. The older fights especially almost everything is a spell and suppression just trivializes stuff like shaper/uber elder etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm fine with that if there is compensation in terms of availability. There aren't enough choices in building out spell suppression currently. Block is kinda iffy too if you don't want to take Glancing Blows.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'd like to see some kind of change or revision to it for sure. As it stands now your shield/glove/boot slot all basically start with 'does it have t1 suppression' and all the rest of the rolls are whatever after that.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Been locked out for a while with nothing more than send an email to this email. I sent an email and got a response that even google doesn't understand.

Borzak

No idea. I had quit the league and hadn't played in a while. Went to log in locked.

Borzak

Wasn't me. I try to have as little to do with anyone else while playing for the most part. When I have to nobody responds to my whispers anyway lol.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep that was me, once, on an item that had been listed for 5 weeks. Wasn't sure what the e:c conversion was but yeah, good at the time and felt scummy afterwards about it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright who's done all the ubers and which build did you use? I'm bored and wanna do some more challenges I think. Beat uber eater/shaper without any real issues but glass cannon dex stack build had real problems surviving uber uber elder/sirus/exarch - just couldn't get hit by actual anything and I'm too much of a retard to dodge all the shit flying around in those fights.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did them all with this build

0 spell suppression was problem on Uber Uber Elder. Somehow got it down with only 1 death on the second set. Had to graveyard zerge Exarch and Eater. What's the DPS on your build?