Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Probably RMT-adjacent or people just wanting to stock up on recombobulators to get rich in standard since they are just gonna be the new eneteral orbs etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think there are people scraping public stashes and offering chaos for recombinators even if you don't have them listed. I had some armor ones listed that I quickly pulled, but even an hour later, still getting tells for weapon ones that I didn't have listed for well over a day.

Gonna wait it out and hopefully gouge the fuck out of them if I ever really need that much fucking chaos. Fuck em.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm on this gauntlet league and am blown away by how bloated this thing got.

Christ, and I thought live EQ was bad.

Sweet spot was shaper/elder and lab era.

Take these Atlas conquerors, put em on a Burger King cup with the Michael Bay Ninja Turtles and wipe it.

Nothing personal DW, you have fun with your 10 cent shite brotha. I appreciate your immersion.

They do this to Last Epoch and I'm packing my shit and moving to table top.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm on this gauntlet league and am blown away by how bloated this thing got.

Christ, and I thought live EQ was bad.

Sweet spot was shaper/elder and lab era.

Take these Atlas conquerors, put em on a Burger King cup with the Michael Bay Ninja Turtles and wipe it.

Nothing personal DW, you have fun with your 10 cent shite brotha. I appreciate your immersion.

They do this to Last Epoch and I'm packing my shit and moving to table top.
I can’t get into last epoch as much. Too slow. Maybe I need to branch out from void knight. Needs multiplayer and leagues now.

I liked the conqs and maven. Sirus and new shit was meh. Agree though, shaper and elder era was the best fucking arpg ever made.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Ritual was peak PoE.

You gotta be high on nostalgia to feel that the shaper/elder era was peak PoE.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
3.13 was peak PoE with a giant TFT asterisk.

Shaper/elder era had a slower atlas progression that was more in sync with character progression. Getting stuck in yellows meant you had to stop and farm instead of just throwing yourself at T16's because the game lets you. Sure as fuck don't miss sextant blocking or elder rings though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kinda bummed they aren't going core, it really made things a bit easier to farm and get things started I felt. Was also comical when sometimes they juiced mobs that became unkillable.

Not sure which patch was Delirium, but gets my vote for the peak PoE

• 1Like

Caeden

Ritual was peak PoE.

You gotta be high on nostalgia to feel that the shaper/elder era was peak PoE.
Ritual was good. Maybe it is nostalgia, but I enjoyed the atlas and bosses more in the shaper elder era

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Caeden

It will be hard to pull off, but they need to seriously consider dumpstering almost all poe1 leagues once poe2 launches. Start over. I’d even wager they need a whole new atlas/boss progression and some fresher takes on crafting. I have missed most leagues lately though.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Atlas passive tree has been brilliant. Especially this league since they introduced passives that mitigate the bloat. You can act like there's no Legion league in the game if your build sucks at clearing them.

As for crafting, these are the same idiots that thought people actually use exalts for crafting outside of meta mods. I think there's some fundamental divide that's never going to be resolved.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Kinda bummed they aren't going core, it really made things a bit easier to farm and get things started I felt. Was also comical when sometimes they juiced mobs that became unkillable.

Not sure which patch was Delirium, but gets my vote for the peak PoE

Delirium was the one good come back league yeah

I hate the new Atlas big time

• 1Picard
  • 1Imbecile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
30M Shaper DPS on maybe 10 exalts. Scales to 100M on 30 exalts(almost where my character is now). Has very good defense and sustain for mapping. Weak to elemental spell damage, which is a factor if not for ridiculous damage making the opportunities to be one-shot very limited.

Ramblings about how I arrived at this build and mine mechanics:
Finally landed on a build I like this league. I theorized when it was buffed last league, minefield support is quite good. If you're just interested in mapping Exsanguinate Mines with enough throwing speed to compensate is quite good. You can even juice it enough to be decent at bosses.

Minefield support solves the problem where one right click of a mine skill was small in damage. Especially since swift assembly was the popular choice, sometimes you get 1 mine, sometimes you get 7+. It made getting a clearing rhythm very hard. Now you 5 get mines every time, consistent clearing.

I was still playing Exsanguinate for bit but decided to drop it after understanding a few mine intricacies. Reserving life, even if temporarily, I suspect was getting me killed. Additionally, there's a really powerful medium cluster that allows mines to detonate an extra time. Mines can only rearm after they've finished casting. This is why mine skills have cast speed. If you play mines like a sane person, you put detonate on LMB. So you have mines rearming after casting a 0.6-0.8s spells, but you're spamming detonate on a 0.2s, and you have multiple detonate chains speeding up at initially 0.25s.

If you've looked for it, in the times you're allowed to spam mines, if you have a chance to detonate again, you'll notice your placed fluctuating rapidly, reaching your max placed, and wasting thrown mines. My theory is that you can frequently run into situations where your detonate chains(you can have multiple) exhaust themselves and then a whole bunch of mines rearm and you're throwing more on top, leading to overflow and wasted mines. The kicker is, at least for Inquisitor(better than Sab for some mine builds) doesn't really have a comparative medium cluster to replace the additional detonate chance. And as we'll see, additional detonate is really powerful.

So, I went looking for a new skill. The wasted mines, even if it wasn't much and you really shouldn't stand still and spam dps anyway, was just bugging me. Enter Pyroclast Mines, probably long forgotten by most(including me) since they nerfed its projectile chaining(to be fair, playing this without buffed minefield support would blow). Fuck that part of the skill, they left the aura intact and its ridiculous. Spamming detonate on LMB, you can easily average 15 mines placed, which comes out to 60% more damage before any aura effectiveness.

It seems to be about the only skill, sans cast speed investment, that is built for chaining and rearming. The 0.18s cast time means they rearm much quicker and you starve your detonate chains less often. Thus you can hover closer to your max placed without actually hitting it(much). Anyone that frequents reddit might recall a thread where someone complained that GGG broke chaining mines with Tremor Rod(100% chance for extra detonation) except for Pyroclast. I don't care about chaining mine skills. You can theoretically write a crude AHK macro to automate somewhat long chains, but fuck that. A chain of 20 averages you ONE extra pyroclast projectile hit over the entire chain. I'm only mentioning that reddit thread because reinforces the importance of mine cast speed and even after 7k+ hours played, it's something I always overlooked. Maybe you did too?

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Tried once again to target farm a whispering ice with the div cards in this SSF HC gauntlet. Didnt get a single one.

"Designed for SSF HC" - lol k. How does that newbie ass item target farming for the div card even seem plausible, I dont know. It'd be a great system if I could bang out a few levels there and target farm some POS 1c building enabling lowbie unique.

Maybe my best bet is try to use the unique staff recipe with those fenumal queen mob types? Shits dumb, its like "all yellows mode".

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Finished campaign before gauntlet ended. The game is smoother, better netcode.

Just ain't something I enjoy playing solo self found unlike D2.

Chris

Potato del Grande
20220725_132717.jpg

I'm on holiday in Sarn apparently (Porto, Portugal), looks really similar to the first two zones there.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Let Hargan know I'm still alive

I came back a little for two reasons

- shot across the bow at the Diablo Immortal abomination by Chris

- they seem to have backed off the bisexual lighting / Muh Maven stuff

But some of these stuff like Heist, the sentinels, immortal syndicate, Farmville I just completely avoided because I don't care and won't care. The heist rewards of different benefit quality gems and "inverted" items is cool.

Sentinel is the best of them because I like the "you could blow your brains out with this" vs reward feeling is fun. I never tried to figure out how to use the non red sentinels, combined a few when a good one ran out.

New bosses look cool but I saw one of the ultra try hards beating some bugged invisible tentacle world eater dude. Twas cringe. They did finally add an "Uber shaper" which is cool as we had Uber elder.

Not a fan of this Atlas talent tree, seems like more min max stuff to copy off reddit. Maybe it's good for ssf HC but that's really just "yellows mode" anyways and isn't fun to me. Most of the top builds in yellas gauntlet mode were vaal DD or sabo to cheese blast bosses, didn't love it, didn't hate it.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 423992

I'm on holiday in Sarn apparently (Porto, Portugal), looks really similar to the first two zones there.
I dont know if they ever took inspiration from there, but they have said that they took real life inspiration for a lot of the architecture they used in the game. They found some real fkn shit holes if thats the case lol.