Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The dex stack build has a shitload of theoretical DPS due to the way spectral throw and snipers mark interact, but it requires a fair bit of attack/ramp time for the projectiles to split and come back was the main issue. I'm not sure how to even actually calculate it in PoB, or if you even can? If you can sit there and attack a boss though it felt easily north of 20m, but in reality it's far far less than that vs like uber sirus because he just moves too much. It deletes conquerors in <1 second with prefire though.

That PoB in your spoiler up there is missing all the skill gems so I'm not actually sure what it's even doing lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What version is your PoB? I just imported into mine, 2.19.2, and everything looked fine. It's like this, but less expensive and less dps

I think Mathil has done a disservice to Spectral Throw. I've not yet seen an explanation nor empirical data on the sniper's mark interaction. I understand the functionality, one of the initial projectiles hits, splits X time in random circular pattern, travel further, and then return to you. Simultaneous projectiles cannot shotgun. Split projectiles cannot hit targets from the set of projectiles in which they split from. Spectral Throw overrides this with a short 0.3s cooldown.

I do not see how this nets you more than 2 hits per throw. When I tested this with the self poison setup, I never got more than 2 stacks of poison.

I think Mathil put together his usual glass cannon, of which dex stacking is especially so this league. At the same time, discovered the sniper's mark interaction, and attributed its pretty good dps incorrectly.

I understand that you'll be using sniper's mark anyway. So you get an extra hit for essentially free instead of having to fuck around with gem swapping and positioning.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I can't really tell how many times a specific projectile is hitting, but you can watch it happen on bigger bosses. The DPS that happens when the split projectiles all return home is ludicrous, like orders of magnitude higher than the initial DPS of your attacks.

All the conquerors/guardians etc die in close to a single frame which means it has to be somewhere north of 15m cause I don't have enough cold pen to get their resists to 0 I don't think.

Kosis in waves 20+ or 100% deli maps is the best way you can visualize it really, cause he stands still and let's everything boomerang back in pretty reliably.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are you sure you're not conflating ramp up time with the initial throws boomeranging? Have you done a test where you throw just once and wait for them to return?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's possible. It's hard to find a target that doesn't explode instantly but also stands still long enough to get a good read on it.

The reality though is that the skill itself is just too clunky for ubers for my tastes. I'm sure I could get another 30-40% more DPS with some gear changes and just try and phase everything, but it doesn't feel worth it on a build with 0 phys mitigation, no regen, etc.

Way better off just playing something with more realistic DPC uptime if ubers are the plan.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright I've never done the champion omniscience thing so might as well get some of this in before all the nerfs next league.

Who got an omni sitting around, or do I gotta go buy one?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you really want to no-brain ubers, Transcendence and full conversion of phys taken as ele is the way to go. Ruetoo has a couple PoBs for it. But it's a very popular build, I'm sure you can find a myriad of takes on it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the only issue with that is the purity of fire sublime vision is like 70ex or something ridiculous

I could maybe scrape together the cash to do it if I liquidated the dex stacker, but it'd be close?

Edit: well someone bought my enlighten gloves for 50ex so maybe sublime vision isn't out of the question

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Purity of Fire Sublime Vision is a different build, doesn't use Transcendence at all. Or, at least not the versions I've seen.

Something like this. poe.ninja

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ah interesting, those I have not actually seen. Doesn't look horrifically expensive to put together? Though hitting actual 100% phys taken as elemental looks extremely fiddly with needing that shield corruption, but even hitting like 80+% has to be good enough I'd wager?

Edit: there we go, the helmets cost like 100ex, I knew there'd be a piece of it someplace that was close to being unobtainium

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
20% from shield
20% from Tasalio
12% from Watcher's Eye
16% from helmet

Chunky phys hits are easy to dodge. What is there on Ubers besides Shaper and Elder slams? As long as you maintain high armor, not temporary from flasks, that's probably "good enough" for Ubers. Mapping might be something else. But you can throw in a Taste of Hate then for 83% convert.

Also, extremely budget: Lightning Coil. Remember that unique? That build is less proven but might be worth investigating as 20%+ helms are definitely going away next league.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Jesus I need to be real careful with planning this - the prices of stuff have gone completely mental. Half an exalt for an armor recombinators is fucking ridiculous lol.

I might give this transcendence thing a try. The cost of buying an omni will cover most of the weird gear this requires, and I bet I can play it as molten strike just fine and still have enough DPS to clear ubers.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Aren’t those builds incredibly weak to dot damage? Esp phys dot like elder vomit

Yea all these max transcendence or melding builds are relatively weak to DoTs in general. Champ setups have the same problem really.

Part of the reason I want to try and do this as molten strike for the big juicy life gain on hit recovery. It's also not that hard though to keep like 5500 life and couple hundred life regen so the degens aren't instant death.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I want to say that's applied after conversion, which would be antisynergy. But I'm not sure on the order of operations.
I don't think so?questionmark? POB seems to indicate it's a net positive when I've mocked up those builds before. Jaamon has a few of them on youtube IIRC, specifically some Molten Strike ones too, ronne ronne

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Aren’t those builds incredibly weak to dot damage? Esp phys dot like elder vomit
There's nothing about phys conversion that makes it weaker. Armor wasn't helping. If you full convert, actually, you're stronger against bleeds because you're not taking any physical hit damage for the bleed to be based off.

Degens are a problem for a lot of builds.

Not sure what you mean by "elder vomit". The madness propagators? If you don't kill those immediately, you're doing that fight wrong.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Everyone log in and dump your essences/fossils in the guild bank. I have crafting to do and trade is a ghost town