Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do you have a PoB on that one DW? You've mentioned it before, would be curious to look at it
I generally make PoB's for myself, they aren't handholdy. But, to that end, this is what I term a "League Starter":
  • Level 90, rare exceptions
  • Rare gear has 3 T3 affixes and an open crafting affix
    • Weapons and high demand(like ES shield and amulets) slots have 2 T3 affixes
  • No uniques that are over 10c after the first weekend.
    • Tabula has historically been an exception to this
  • At least 0% chaos resist if possible.
This one specifically I'm a bit iffy on in a few places:
  • Ironically, after complaining about socket pressure, I have 5 open sockets on this build. I seriously don't know what to add that would be a major benefit. There's obviously a few fringe supports that can be added but will not fit in "League Starter", like L3 Enlighten.
  • I'm not a huge fan of Wither Totems, self cast Despair, and Vaal Blight. That's one too many buttons to press. If that's really annoying, get a on-hit Despair ring.
  • Socket colors on a short bow(Porcupine cards) might be a no go for "League Starter".
  • Amulet and quiver might be expensive.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
is this a joke? jesus, they really can't even do a simple thing like that right. why the fuck they didn't just use how searching for an item highlights the target, is simply beyond me.

but at least they're trying to fix it. Emphasis on trying, because they'll probably just change the width of the border from 1 pixel to 3 and call it a day.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
is this a joke? jesus, they really can't even do a simple thing like that right. why the fuck they didn't just use how searching for an item highlights the target, is simply beyond me.

but at least they're trying to fix it. Emphasis on trying, because they'll probably just change the width of the border from 1 pixel to 3 and call it a day.

Go back to Reddit if you wanna be such a huge fag about them adding QoL shit, jfc

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
why not traps?
Arming time. I can't stand the delay. Same reason I won't play totems.

I'll admit that perhaps I'm hyper sensitive about this. I can't stand the delay between using molten strike and the balls finally dropping and killing shit. I've made my decision to move onto the next pack before the current is dead. If you assumed wrong and stragglers were left, feelsbadman.

Not as relevant here as it's a dot skill, stragglers are less likely. So, you might be right about traps.

That said, a low rolled sunblast is gonna feel super bad, even without stragglers. Arming time is a small sample of that.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a good place to view a spreadsheet of gem attributes? I think I want to try making my own build this league.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Now i'm worried.
They buffed the new lightning skills by a crazy amount compared to what they'd shown before.

Lightning conduit went from -> to
1842 top end -> 2359
10% more / 5% shock -> 15% more/5 shock
5% crit -> 6% crit
26 mana -> 16 mana

I did say i was worried lol
1660736743664.png

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wish they'd always arbitrarily give little buffs to almost completely unused abilities every patch.

I haven't played coc for like 10 leagues, thinking about coc ass

You gonna cast on crit some lightning my dude?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I generally make PoB's for myself, they aren't handholdy. But, to that end, this is what I term a "League Starter":
  • Level 90, rare exceptions
  • Rare gear has 3 T3 affixes and an open crafting affix
    • Weapons and high demand(like ES shield and amulets) slots have 2 T3 affixes
  • No uniques that are over 10c after the first weekend.
    • Tabula has historically been an exception to this
  • At least 0% chaos resist if possible.
This one specifically I'm a bit iffy on in a few places:
  • Ironically, after complaining about socket pressure, I have 5 open sockets on this build. I seriously don't know what to add that would be a major benefit. There's obviously a few fringe supports that can be added but will not fit in "League Starter", like L3 Enlighten.
  • I'm not a huge fan of Wither Totems, self cast Despair, and Vaal Blight. That's one too many buttons to press. If that's really annoying, get a on-hit Despair ring.
  • Socket colors on a short bow(Porcupine cards) might be a no go for "League Starter".
  • Amulet and quiver might be expensive.
Thanks for posting it, looks interesting. Shows 3 unreserved mana, how does that cast your mine rain without blood support (or whatever the cast spells as life gem is)?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, the mine only costs 1 mana, so you can still technically throw mines at max placed mines(18). I set the PoB to that number so I could be sure I wouldn't reserve more than 100% mana by throwing mines. You'll rarely ever be at 18 mines though, they detonate much faster than you can throw.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Possible 1 button L. conduit set up, that works in game as far as i can tell:

Malachai loop (self shock) + ralakesh impatience (to trigger the malachai loop) + shock prolif (to spread shock) + inpulsa (to be unnaffected by the shock yourself)

This way i think (if ralakesh impatience work instantly) i can stutter step on 65% shock even on uber pinnacle bosses.

With uniques and clusters, but no enchants and just life res rares i can get around 10 million fake guardian/pinnacle dps (fake because you need to stutter step)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Possible 1 button L. conduit set up, that works in game as far as i can tell:

Malachai loop (self shock) + ralakesh impatience (to trigger the malachai loop) + shock prolif (to spread shock) + inpulsa (to be unnaffected by the shock yourself)

This way i think (if ralakesh impatience work instantly) i can stutter step on 65% shock even on uber pinnacle bosses.

With uniques and clusters, but no enchants and just life res rares i can get around 10 million fake guardian/pinnacle dps (fake because you need to stutter step)

Hmm this seems like so much more work than just using storm brand isn't it?

It should work though provided Ralakesh gives you a power charge instantly like that on stopping and doesn't require you wait for the full second, but even if it's instant that sounds super annoying to build up to max power charges every time you need to shock?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmm this seems like so much more work than just using storm brand isn't it?

It should work though provided Ralakesh gives you a power charge instantly like that on stopping and doesn't require you wait for the full second, but even if it's instant that sounds super annoying to build up to max power charges every time you need to shock?
The benefit over storm brand is that you have a base shock value (15%). Which means it's not tied in how hard your shock applier hits which is why it would work on uber pinnacle bosses with classes other than elementalist which might have trouble getting to 65%.

I'm kind of confused by what you mean with "build up". It's going to give you max charges right away when stationary, not 1 at a time.
Just can't test how instant this instant will be yet.

1660753206976.png
1660753456809.png

But even if it works like i want though, it probably won't be the best build to put currency in to, but that might be the case for any conduit build.