Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The way I can tell that lower rares were dropping during the Acts was because I did not have to sell armor or weapon shards for wisdom scrolls even once. Last league I was scrambling for Wis scrolls almost to maps.....because I pick up, ID and sell every rare up to maps for base currency. I'm just weird that way.

But, on the other side of that, I had 2 T1 maps drop in Act 7. That seems pretty early for maps to start dropping.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The concept of totems, I don't mind. The delay is what I hate. Give mines another try. When it was meta, lots of idiots played it wrong, myself included. Minefield support got buffed in 3.17, mines feel great with it once you get some throwing speed.
I feel like a lot of skills have that same "spin up". Spectral Helix sure does. BV. BF/BB.

I dunno, the first build I ever took to the end of red maps was a Ancestral Warchief build, and it was my league starter for years until they implemented the new totem multi gems and the new parts of the tree and it was nerfed somewhat. Perhaps my hindsight glasses are just tinted rosy.

As an aside, and I may have mentioned this already, my fav build on memory is the Whispering Ice with the massive ES gen. I loved the rhythm and the massive, hardware chugging spell effects.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, I tried leveling a miner a while back and I just didn't like it. Constantly running like a bitch while throwing explodey stuff over your shoulder at the big snarly things chasing you just didn't appeal to me very much.

Eh, maybe it's better now and I should try it... maybe if I want to reroll or for next league. It definitely looks like ezmode every time I watch a vid of the guys who play it.
Hey man. Glacial cascade miner was the build that got me through Uber Elder. Even tho it was pretty gay.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
3.19 is awesome, Empyrian's group quit. The economy is worst part of this game. It's obvious they will never willingly fix it, so self sabotage is all we have left.

@Lightning Lord Rule y u no like miners?

I dig the changes honestly. Glad the mega juicers are getting fucked cause all they do is ruin the economy and get rampant inflation going fast and hard. I like the hard yellow mobs, it's fun. Skip if you can't kill ect. I'm doing 95% of the essence mobs as fucking RF and it doesn't even take that long and they're usually doubled cause I went essence on the tree.

The problem GGG has is they didn't talk about the loot changes and explain why. Very bad look, very pussy move. The cherry on top is the league mechanic is beyond worthless. Both in reward and imagination.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, I tried leveling a miner a while back and I just didn't like it. Constantly running like a bitch while throwing explodey stuff over your shoulder at the big snarly things chasing you just didn't appeal to me very much.

Eh, maybe it's better now and I should try it... maybe if I want to reroll or for next league. It definitely looks like ezmode every time I watch a vid of the guys who play it.
In that regard, kiting and tossing, not much different than any other self cast ranged build, no? To be fair, I don't like those builds either. I posted a Toxic Rain Minder build earlier in this thread and then to my surprise, found that it does NOT target nearby monsters. I logged back onto my Pyroclast miner(with Astral Projector) just to confirm I wasn't going mad and it did indeed target nearby monsters.

I HATE builds that require targeting for dps while your cursor needs to be simultaneously elsewhere so you can move/travel skill that way. Effectively, it opens you up far more frequently to PoE's #1 rule: don't stand still. It's maddening and it eliminates a ton of build archetypes. Even some mine builds, apparently. Rerolled by level 36, maybe a new record. :rolleyes:

That said, there are a lot spells(and maybe ranged attacks?) that let you chuck the mines inaccurately. That's primarily what I love about them.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I dig the changes honestly. Glad the mega juicers are getting fucked cause all they do is ruin the economy and get rampant inflation going fast and hard. I like the hard yellow mobs, it's fun. Skip if you can't kill ect. I'm doing 95% of the essence mobs as fucking RF and it doesn't even take that long and they're usually doubled cause I went essence on the tree.

The problem GGG has is they didn't talk about the loot changes and explain why. Very bad look, very pussy move. The cherry on top is the league mechanic is beyond worthless. Both in reward and imagination.

Yeah for sure. Skip that Hasted yellow in a hasted map. Ezpz. Just walk by it, lol. I mean, lol, come on guys.

No matter what you think about the mega juicers, the fact they are getting far less loot than before means you are too.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not to maps yet but just getting enough currency while leveling through the acts to benchcraft some resists and maybe roll flasks a few times has been rough. I didn't play much last league but keeping resists high while leveling seems more important now with all these archnemesis rares. Way too many scrolls and blacksmiths/armourers though, as usual. If they don't give us some good news soon about fixing the league, D3 new season this Friday actually looks pretty fun (saw someone mention it a few pages back so I looked into it), and its something I haven't played for a long time.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not to maps yet but just getting enough currency while leveling through the acts to benchcraft some resists and maybe roll flasks a few times has been rough. I didn't play much last league but keeping resists high while leveling seems more important now with all these archnemesis rares. Way too many scrolls and blacksmiths/armourers though, as usual. If they don't give us some good news soon about fixing the league, D3 new season this Friday actually looks pretty fun (saw someone mention it a few pages back so I looked into it), and its something I haven't played for a long time.
It really isn't, you get something as rare as the socket cube item to rng roll your ancient weapon to see if you get a 1/3 chance of a perk with +gooderer damage. Whether you find one or not, really not much difference taking place here.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah for sure. Skip that Hasted yellow in a hasted map. Ezpz. Just walk by it, lol. I mean, lol, come on guys.

No matter what you think about the mega juicers, the fact they are getting far less loot than before means you are too.

i dont have a problem with the yellows in t16, not sure what to say, and maybe im lucky but im just fine on currency

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I can't opine on the changes yet. I got a late start and had to scrap my starter due to an incorrect assumption.

I'm glad mega juicers are getting fucked too. I wouldn't be surprised if mega juicers in a functioning economy are actually good for us casuals. Either way, I hate it. Other people affecting my gameplay in a solo game.

I agree on GGG's action. Regardless whether who's getting fucking deserves this or not, they've handled it very poorly. It's been almost 24 hours since Chris posted and pretty much radio silence.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
We all know why they didn't put it in, the rage over minion nerfs to be more gear dependent and the neutering of iir/iiq would have sent people over the edge, don't forget to check out the kalandra mystery boxes in the store now!

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

also, is Lily a lesbo? She lives with a woman and acts like a moody butch dyke. There's nothing wrong with that, I would certainly give a go at de-lesbifiying her, that's for sure. What I'm asking her is why doesn't she have an OF?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hotfix made AN easier, Essence/Beast easier, and Lake rewards (from chests specifically) MUCH better. Some minor Harvest juice boost as well. Looking forward to the BIG boy patch.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
damn someone still positive lol.
I’m still holding out because very curious to see what kind of impact on the economy all this will have. I’m predicting some serious deflation because even though there’s less items around, it also feels like there’s also gonna be a lot less currency. Heard some people haven’t even dropped a chaos till maps

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

also, is Lily a lesbo? She lives with a woman and acts like a moody butch dyke. There's nothing wrong with that, I would certainly give a go at de-lesbifiying her, that's for sure. What I'm asking her is why doesn't she have an OF?

That's because she's a guy.

Fag.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If the streamers quit, they’ll fix the game. If anything, GGG has always sucked Reddit cock (stupidly for the better part) and streamer cock (because that’s their biggest advertisers and I think Chris likes their celebrity).

• 1Like