Path of Exile

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh and when they have things that allow you to add multiple crafted mods (that aren't as good as them randomly getting orbed on), the sickos who grind for the sake of grinding have a meltdown to the point it gets removed.

A lot of people don't even get far enough to farm the requisites to make a multi modded weapon either. Then again, most are absolute trash casuals, but there is a line somewhere for time investment.

When most people who do go far enough are multi modding things, what should that tell you? Christ, just make it more expensive.

And yeah, we are all absolutely done with this campaign. It was great and all a few times, and that's what it should be. Time for a new one.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
For those of you actually playing the game:

I'm shocked by how good Sunder feels. I'm on a 4l and a Kaom's Primacy and just blasting maps up in to yellows without slowing down even a tiny bit. RT build with impales, not a ton else is very fancy, but it just has enough damage that it's working out.

Eventually the plan is I think run a 5-6l Rage Vortex as well to add supplemental boss DPS. My only real annoyance is gonna be having to remember to unspec The Imapaler for big bosses.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For those of you actually playing the game:

I'm shocked by how good Sunder feels. I'm on a 4l and a Kaom's Primacy and just blasting maps up in to yellows without slowing down even a tiny bit. RT build with impales, not a ton else is very fancy, but it just has enough damage that it's working out.

Eventually the plan is I think run a 5-6l Rage Vortex as well to add supplemental boss DPS. My only real annoyance is gonna be having to remember to unspec The Imapaler for big bosses.
You aren't allowed to have fun according to reddit. League is unplayable.

Trickster RF gonna be insanely tanky with this Captainlance shit.

Saving up for Unshattered will to test out. But basically with new ascendancy you go self temp chains and then you get shit ton of curse effect real easy with the new ring, 10k molten shells with veterans jewel that give you +10 max all res shit ton of phys reduction perma elemental flasks and the harbinger mod gonna make for some insane ehp. Just wondering if damage will be an issue but I don't expect it to be bad for what I want to do (mindlessly run maps)

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Crafting is horrendous in this game lol. Always has been.

Wrong, for a brief league when they brought Harvest core it was the best crafting they ever had. Casuals could pick up items that had promise, run maps for Harvest, and work on them as an alternative to buying on the market. It was paradise. They got rid of it because no-lifers made a bunch of op shit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You aren't allowed to have fun according to reddit. League is unplayable.

Trickster RF gonna be insanely tanky with this Captainlance shit.

Saving up for Unshattered will to test out. But basically with new ascendancy you go self temp chains and then you get shit ton of curse effect real easy with the new ring, 10k molten shells with veterans jewel that give you +10 max all res shit ton of phys reduction perma elemental flasks and the harbinger mod gonna make for some insane ehp. Just wondering if damage will be an issue but I don't expect it to be bad for what I want to do (mindlessly run maps)

Yea I saw some of this crap during my morning poop reading. I'm not convinced.

Scaling self curse effect is just asking to get constantly oneshot by the various nemesis mobs that apply ass/snipers mark, or really anything that casts vulnerability etc.

I'm sure it's fine with a HH setup, but trying to play it as some sort of normal build seems like a total trap.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wrong, for a brief league when they brought Harvest core it was the best crafting they ever had. Casuals could pick up items that had promise, run maps for Harvest, and work on them as an alternative to buying on the market. It was paradise. They got rid of it because no-lifers made a bunch of op shit.

I missed that one because I refused to Farmville. But we agree on the points of it going away and why.

To this day I've never orb spammed and made a GG wand or sword. Hell, even with fossils.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I saw some of this crap during my morning poop reading. I'm not convinced.

Scaling self curse effect is just asking to get constantly oneshot by the various nemesis mobs that apply ass/snipers mark, or really anything that casts vulnerability etc.

I'm sure it's fine with a HH setup, but trying to play it as some sort of normal build seems like a total trap.
Correct me if I'm wrong isn't the increased curse effect just for curses you cast?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I missed that one because I refused to Farmville. But we agree on the points of it going away and why.

To this day I've never orb spammed and made a GG wand or sword. Hell, even with fossils.
Back when CoC VD assassin was amazing, I crafted a sword by spamming fossils that was fucking amazing. For shits and giggles I put it in my sell tab for 150ex and got spammed. Kythik Kythik might remember. Of course that build’s damage didn’t keep up with the buffs to mobs and I think VD got nerfed plus the CoC mana cost killed it. It was the one character I continued slowly tweaking in standard. It was unplayable last time I tried.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I was gonna play a VD assassin this league too but, egh I just need a new game not another league mechanic.

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I can't opine on the changes yet. I got a late start and had to scrap my starter due to an incorrect assumption.

I'm glad mega juicers are getting fucked too. I wouldn't be surprised if mega juicers in a functioning economy are actually good for us casuals. Either way, I hate it. Other people affecting my gameplay in a solo game.

I agree on GGG's action. Regardless whether who's getting fucking deserves this or not, they've handled it very poorly. It's been almost 24 hours since Chris posted and pretty much radio silence.

I don't understand the logic around liking the mega juicers getting fucked. The entire point of this game, one that you yourself I believe have commented on in the past, is that you get more and more return on your investment when you make higher and higher investment to what you're running. Adding a scarab to a map makes you more money, because you added it. Spending more to roll better maps makes you more money, because you spend money to roll better ones.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the general concept of "put more into your maps, get more out of it". GGG balances this by allowing things like adding multiple scarabs to the map, or having maps where you can have 10 implicits on them to do crazy things like putting 5 league mechanics on a map, and so on. If they want to "fuck the juicers" thats the stuff you need to fix. But the way they did it, it was done in such a way that it affects everyone that plays the game. Instead of balancing the shit they allow you to add, they just changed drop rates blanket across the board. You're acting like a tenant that votes for higher property taxes because "fuck the landlord scum" without the foresight that they are simply going to pass those costs onto you. You're fucking yourself.

Look how fast the drop off is this league. The fucked up hard.

1661284076838.png

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Hotfix made AN easier, Essence/Beast easier, and Lake rewards (from chests specifically) MUCH better. Some minor Harvest juice boost as well. Looking forward to the BIG boy patch.

AN was not made much easier, just barely, and only in the early game. The issue people have been having is with the life, and their patch notes did very little with it.

Patch Notes said:
  • The overall result of this change is that rare and magic monsters with one Archnemesis modifier have unchanged life on average. Rare monsters with two or three modifiers have 15% less life on average, and Rare monsters with four modifiers have unchanged life on average
Essence/Beast is in a good spot. Lake rewards are much better but are still not worth your time doing and even so, if you do them do not get any league mechanic at all, it's not worth it whatsoever. It's actually worse than maps, because its the same thing as your maps, except your atlas bonus doesnt apply to it.

Harvest juice was not boosted except in lower tier maps, they said this -- but the complaint is that in red maps its still dog shit.

Patch Notes said:
  • Increased the Lifeforce yield in Harvest encounters in lower Map tiers.
At this point the big boy patch isn't gonna save this.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Correct me if I'm wrong isn't the increased curse effect just for curses you cast?

No, they are scaling it with the new mirror rings like this shit:

Capture.PNG

Since it lets you hit previously impossible levels of curse effect on yourself, thus scaling temp chains duration to insanity and letting you use veteran's awareness and similar shit.

It does some cool shit like having a guard skill last ~30+ seconds and such, but you still are gonna just explode sometimes to a 400% increased vuln from a mob or whatever.

• 2Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, they are scaling it with the new mirror rings like this shit:

View attachment 429494

Since it lets you hit previously impossible levels of curse effect on yourself, thus scaling temp chains duration to insanity and letting you use veteran's awareness and similar shit.

It does some cool shit like having a guard skill last ~30+ seconds and such, but you still are gonna just explode sometimes to a 400% increased vuln from a mob or whatever.

Well fuck me that doesn't sound very fun.

edit: still for bosses you eHP would be pretty insane. So may not a total failure.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
I thought about Str Stacking Chieftain Sunderer. Probably won't get around to it since I'm starting my Conc Path Totem guy for bossing right now. Standard Necro SRS Zombie got into Reds just fine and clears them no problem, but REAL bosses are a pain in the dick, so I need a better single target DPSER.

Self Curse Temp Chains +Effectiveness + 100% phys hits converted to fire + 80% fire resistance + Mantra of Flames + Boneshatter = Profit. No one has quite done it that I've seen on Poe Ninja, but I did a mock up and there's several ways to get 90-100% phys hits to fire. Then you just stack max fire resist and run around with a lvl 7 boneshatter with omega attack speed and get 100 trauma stacks on you with Mantra of Flames.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well fuck me that doesn't sound very fun.

edit: still for bosses you eHP would be pretty insane. So may not a total failure.

I bet you can play some pretty zoomy map setup between having access to "permanent" vaal RF, and using veteran's awareness to cover your defenses some.

With an actual HH it should be just as absurd as the old chains setups given how nuts the mobs it steals now are.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand the logic around liking the mega juicers getting fucked. The entire point of this game, one that you yourself I believe have commented on in the past, is that you get more and more return on your investment when you make higher and higher investment to what you're running. Adding a scarab to a map makes you more money, because you added it. Spending more to roll better maps makes you more money, because you spend money to roll better ones.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the general concept of "put more into your maps, get more out of it". GGG balances this by allowing things like adding multiple scarabs to the map, or having maps where you can have 10 implicits on them to do crazy things like putting 5 league mechanics on a map, and so on. If they want to "fuck the juicers" thats the stuff you need to fix. But the way they did it, it was done in such a way that it affects everyone that plays the game. Instead of balancing the shit they allow you to add, they just changed drop rates blanket across the board. You're acting like a tenant that votes for higher property taxes because "fuck the landlord scum" without the foresight that they are simply going to pass those costs onto you. You're fucking yourself.

Look how fast the drop off is this league. The fucked up hard.

View attachment 429493
There is no logic, it's almost completely spiteful. I play this game to tool around in PoB and try out cool interactions and builds. GGG's overreliance on the economy providing a critical mass of esoteric items leads to mega juicers having far too much influence.

For example, it was near end of the Sentinel league and I wanted to try out a couple builds for next league to see their viability for 3.19 as second+ builds. Mathil posting a build plus the economy falling below said critical mass(juicers leaving) meant some required items now cost 10x more or weren't even available.

They're never going to fix these economic problems. So, I will instead seize upon opportunities that amplify it in hopes that they are forced too. Even if self harmful.

For the record, I agree that effort in should be commensurate with reward out. If we're looking purely at that, yes, GGG fucked up. However, I prefer alch and go, juicing is far too tedious to be fun. I'll switch to content that is mob density neutral.