Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If I cared enough I'd shoop up a meme with Chris Wilson as Dr Evil and hitting the button on Path of Matth.

But I don't care enough.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Exactly, turn those streamers that sperg out on purpose on themselves. Their own viewer base would ensure Quin or Asmongold never play again.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
the hillarious thing is uniques are more rare and now currency is flooding the market, so hello runaway inflation

Does one of the Archnemesis mods turn everything in to uniques and thus this same strategy can be employed in that direction rather than for raw currency?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
path of matth talked to cutedog last night and said that initially his ban was just the account and he'd be able to make a new account, but then received an email a few hours later saying that upon further review his ban was all accounts and any new account of his would be banned permanently. This dude's a giant dbag, but they just ruined his life cause he called the dev a retard. Will they eventually let him back? Maybe, but they're going to force him to prostrate himself in front of the ggg staff and community.

Classy

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Does one of the Archnemesis mods turn everything in to uniques and thus this same strategy can be employed in that direction rather than for raw currency?

I don't think the mod combos are set up to do this in any meaningful way. Not sure though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
"Retard" has been getting increasingly unacceptable for a while now. It's not quite at "faggot" but it's getting there.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
path of matth talked to cutedog last night and said that initially his ban was just the account and he'd be able to make a new account, but then received an email a few hours later saying that upon further review his ban was all accounts and any new account of his would be banned permanently. This dude's a giant dbag, but they just ruined his life cause he called the dev a retard. Will they eventually let him back? Maybe, but they're going to force him to prostrate himself in front of the ggg staff and community.

Classy

they could let him back after 6 months (2 leagues) ban minimum, it could probably be a year, but it's almost certain that at some point he will be allowed back. Especially given the direction the game is going, ggg is gonna need every streamer ever in a couple leagues time to generate any hype for their leagues.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If POE includes MTX in the shop to tempban players for an hour or a day, I want royalties.

Can you imagine the salt? The trolling?

"Here we are, with popularstreamer784 about to start the POE 3.26: Demon Football League!"
"And what's this? A player called CoCnbawlz1337 just bought a 1 day Launch Fail Daypass for $50 targeting popularstreamer784!!"
"Oh, dear, does popularstreamer784 kiss his mother with that mouth? ..... whoops, he just insulted the devs..."
"Yes we're just getting word from POE aaaand, he's banned!"

The world isn't ready for salt mining of this magnitude!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wish GGG (and other companies) would come up with a way to balance the game for people that play the game professionally (streamers) and other players. Likely never happen or hasn't yet.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wish GGG (and other companies) would come up with a way to balance the game for people that play the game professionally (streamers) and other players. Likely never happen or hasn't yet.
That would be stupid easy if you were going for a legit flat line-ish. Scale by account time played or something but that goes against the spirit of these types of games and most MMOs who’s primary cost is time investment and intelligent decisions. It’s why people like me make money hand over fist doing the real world grind while the whiny commie on Twitter in a shitty apartment isn’t. I’m fine being a casual also ran in game if I can Scrooge McDuck in real life. (I can’t. But you get the point….)

• 1Like

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
That is extremely stupid. Chris absolutely has to turn the other cheek in some cases. Thin skinned.
I disagree. The dude was sponsored by GGG and was shit talking them live on his stream. He could of easily expressed his opinions without being a complete douchebag. Hopefully for him, he can transition his streaming career into a different game.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Classy
Fucked around and found out

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
This dude's a giant dbag, but they just ruined his life cause he called the dev a retard. Will they eventually let him back? Maybe, but they're going to force him to prostrate himself in front of the ggg staff and community.
I saw Asmongold's video on this today and otherwise have no contact with the PoE community other than this thread and playing the game sometimes.

The streamer is acting like a small child and deserves everything he gets. If his life is ruined, he made some poor life choices.

The devs are putting out a free game and haven't done anything wrong.

The community sound like a bungh of whiney douchebags who play the same exact build every single time and bitch when it changes.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think there’s kind of an unspoken rule now at ggg that they’re gonna phone it in and focus on regrowing their player base with poe 2 hype later, regardless what they say. It’s obvious that some of these changes are to soften the adjustment when poe2 comes out and it’s a slower, less loot explodey game. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense to go this direction. Just looking from a player retention perspective league over league, there’s a reason ritual was one of the highest.
They just missed the mark. I think it’s hilarious that after creating a whole legion of gamers that now distinguish more/increased and multiplier/synergy effects , that they seem to fuck up understanding how that works themselves.
I seriously don’t get what’s wrong with just a boil the frog scenario. Just turn the faucets down one degree at a time. Half the player base wouldn’t even notice for a few leagues.
I bet If you asked Chris what his number one regret in poe has been for the past decade it’s probably implementing harvest into the game lol

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think there’s kind of an unspoken rule now at ggg that they’re gonna phone it in and focus on regrowing their player base with poe 2 hype later, regardless what they say. It’s obvious that some of these changes are to soften the adjustment when poe2 comes out and it’s a slower, less loot explodey game. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense to go this direction. Just looking from a player retention perspective league over league, there’s a reason ritual was one of the highest.
They just missed the mark. I think it’s hilarious that after creating a whole legion of gamers that now distinguish more/increased and multiplier/synergy effects , that they seem to fuck up understanding how that works themselves.
I seriously don’t get what’s wrong with just a boil the frog scenario. Just turn the faucets down one degree at a time. Half the player base wouldn’t even notice for a few leagues.
I bet If you asked Chris what his number one regret in poe has been for the past decade it’s probably implementing harvest into the game lol
Why give a shit?

It's free with frequent updates, just don't play leagues you don't like the look of.

The core of the issue is autistic nolifers grinding the game 24/7 every league with their minion build (or whatever), overreacting to changes.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The streamer is acting like a small child and deserves everything he gets. If his life is ruined, he made some poor life choices.

Be interesting if you'd still have the same take if one day you're fired and made unhirable because of some of the things you've said on this forum.