Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I think I'm going to play Frozen Legion Inquis. I think it could work as a main skill and not just as a damage bomb, but we'll see. If it sucks, I did see a version of old EQ bleed jugg on poe ninja last league that looks interesting due to being 'melee' but not relying on totems for buffs to do damage. I liked EQ the last time I played it several leagues ago and that was a hit/shockwave version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man Vaal Cleave definitely looks good, wasn't sure about duration but 20secs is likely plenty(can probably use increased duration for mapping too, and then switch to whatever dmg support) and it holds 3 charges so you can keep it up a good amount of time against map bosses and stuff.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think I'm going to play Frozen Legion Inquis. I think it could work as a main skill and not just as a damage bomb, but we'll see. If it sucks, I did see a version of old EQ bleed jugg on poe ninja last league that looks interesting due to being 'melee' but not relying on totems for buffs to do damage. I liked EQ the last time I played it several leagues ago and that was a hit/shockwave version.

If it sucks the root oops you were actually RF the whole time. I'm hoping someone like Mathil league starts it so I can have that going in the background.

• 1Worf

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
If it sucks the root oops you were actually RF the whole time. I'm hoping someone like Mathil league starts it so I can have that going in the background.
I think it depends on how Frozen Legion interacts with instruments of zeal. It has both the spell and attack tag, so maybe that means fanaticism is constantly being refreshed by it, along with the +30% more damage from instruments of virtue? If that's not the case and you have to use a movement skill as your attack for fanaticism, it's not the end of the world but it kinda sucks in comparison.

The other thing is is it affected by second wind? So you'd get 7 statues and cooldown reduction? And is that worth a gem slot compared to a damage support gem? Maybe if you're using it as a secondary bomb but not a primary skill?

Also the frozen sweep attack the statues use appears to be exactly Sweep but without the added phys and knockback and with 100% cold conversion. So that means if you're getting cast speed, but keeping the base cooldown, you're just running around with a slightly weaker version of sweep. I think.

I think the tree for this will be far different than spell or RF builds, so if it does end up a fail you'd end up with an elemental attack build using conversion. I think Mathil has a bunch of those in the past for a loose template to follow.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Very much doubt it will work that way. Fanaticism says "...you've attacked...". I can't think of a mechanic where "you" is mentioned that didn't end up requiring you, the player, to directly do the action.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it depends on how Frozen Legion interacts with instruments of zeal. It has both the spell and attack tag, so maybe that means fanaticism is constantly being refreshed by it, along with the +30% more damage from instruments of virtue? If that's not the case and you have to use a movement skill as your attack for fanaticism, it's not the end of the world but it kinda sucks in comparison.

The other thing is is it affected by second wind? So you'd get 7 statues and cooldown reduction? And is that worth a gem slot compared to a damage support gem? Maybe if you're using it as a secondary bomb but not a primary skill?

Also the frozen sweep attack the statues use appears to be exactly Sweep but without the added phys and knockback and with 100% cold conversion. So that means if you're getting cast speed, but keeping the base cooldown, you're just running around with a slightly weaker version of sweep. I think.

I think the tree for this will be far different than spell or RF builds, so if it does end up a fail you'd end up with an elemental attack build using conversion. I think Mathil has a bunch of those in the past for a loose template to follow.

Second Wind seems like a bad support no matter if it does or not no? It's just 7/6 more dmg aka 16.7% if they all overlap. There is no cooldown reduction on second wind any more.
It is a pretty cool skill in the sense that you don't lose any dps when you have to dodge boss mechanics so it's sort of like a DoT in that sense.

Followin on my last post...Guess im going WoC ignite, Vaal smite is like a 1gem 33% more dmg. It can't even miss and the range looked great in the video. Only problem is it won't work with obliteration.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Very much doubt it will work that way. Fanaticism says "...you've attacked...". I can't of a mechanic where "you" is mentioned that didn't end up requiring you, the player, to directly do the action.

I agree. What's strange is they're not minions or totems anything keyworded as separate. It's just a shape of a spell.

But you just fucking know it's going to be fucky.

• 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I dont get any so people are talking about legion. From the release of the spell it looked clunky and not fun. Even the demo of it the mobs are all on top of the guy casting it. That's not going to work in practical situations.

I saw earlier someone mentioned cold dot elementalist is 4 things for it to do damage? That feels cancerous to me do I really want to play this?! lol

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont get any so people are talking about legion. From the release of the spell it looked clunky and not fun. Even the demo of it the mobs are all on top of the guy casting it. That's not going to work in practical situations.

I saw earlier someone mentioned cold dot elementalist is 4 things for it to do damage? That feels cancerous to me do I really want to play this?! lol

4... ish
Both Creeping frost and cold snap are for sure required but
Vortex can be put on left click..But this can or can't be annoying if you have some other skill you want there like your guard skill
And the last is ->Vaal<- cold snap so it's not constant

Xevy

Log Wizard
Frozen Legion IMO was designed as a single target helper for two hand people who often have 2 six-links. I don't know that you'd want to go out of your way to stack CDR or cast speed or anything (besides free stuff from Frenzy charges) so it's fairly anti-synergistic. Just think of it as a more reliable single target Vaal Skill for big boom. Building around it without omega CDR stacking will be pain.

On the Volcanic Fissure front according to my maffs a lvl 20 gem does 74% MORE damage than Conc Path (at 0 distance) with all balls hitting and 21% more with only two balls hitting the target. That's nuts. Combined with the new relics that will have added fire per strength (they showed a lightning per int one today) you're looking at hitting 150m numbers at end game. Now it's all up to the totems AI to not be shit and proj delay not to suck.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
4... ish
Vortex can be put on left click..But this can or can't be annoying if you have some other skill you want there like your guard skill

Don't forget frostbomb!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
4... ish

I mean, that's not bad. You can just 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 while moving, with the occasional 3?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any synergy between frozen legion and whispering ice? Would be nice to have something to toss out for extra dmg or chill or something while cycloning around

Xevy

Log Wizard
Any synergy between frozen legion and whispering ice? Would be nice to have something to toss out for extra dmg or chill or something while cycloning around
No. Frozen Legion, is, for most intents and purposes, an attack. So it's scaling off your weapons damage. I mean is it an extra 1 link you can use for funsies? Maybe, but at the map+ level you'll probably just want the gem slot back. It could be used with Bonechill I suppose, but I believe both Combustion and Bonechill are bugged (have been for years, apparently) but are going to be fixed early league.

My numbers on VS were off and it's actually more egregious than I thought. Looks like with 4 balls hitting (MAYBE with Conc effect, probably possible on big slow bosses) you're doing twice the damage of Conc Path. IT takes 1 ball plus the initial hit to break even with Conc Path which seems basically guaranteed. Looks something like this:

1670470429140.png

The total hit is just a base of 100 weapon damage and 150 added damage just as a baseline.

Looking REAL good.

Edit: I have 0 idea why I wrote VS instead of VF. But that's what VS is supposed to be. CP is Consecrated Path.

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I'll start this and see how VF totem chieften is shaping up after a few days.