Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If these crucible tree nodes are random this is going to be a very... very annoying league.

Hope you guys are looking forward to filling quad stash tabs with uniques to try and crucible to trade for big divines!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Let me future proof that for you:

"Hope you guys are looking forward to filling stash space with (items) try to and (use league mechanic) to trade for big (currency of the moment)!"

You've just described almost every league. And yes, I am looking forward to it! I'm going to be tits deep in Quill Rains and Brutus Lead Sceptre's and no one can stop me but the Russian price fixing conglomerates!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Huh? Every league in PoE revolved around saving non stackable, equippable items you wouldn't even otherwise pickup for a random chance at then putting them into your inventory while mapping to hopefully turn them into something valuable?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Let's see:

Sanctum: 5:1 the overflow relics that didn't fit in tab. Not for profit I suppose.
Kalandra: Saving bigtime rings to try and flip backwards in the lake for omega profit. Definitely a thing.
Sentinel League: Imagine NOT having a quad tab full of Reso-bait. LUL
Archnemesis: Nah, nothing here. Just the shitty Archnem built-in tab system they never QoL'd.
Scourge: Literally the thing you're talking about, but with 3 free slots!
Expedition: Some shit didn't stack, I don't remember what but iirc you were forced to stash SOMETHING.
Ultimatum: "The BEST LEAGUE EVER PLAYED". Why do people say that? Because the 100% effect Harvest. You sure as fuck were picking up and storing half broken items to "fix" with Harvest and resell.

So yeah, kind of big a thing.

Khane

So Scourge and Ultimatum. 2 out of the last 7. Got it.

This is one of the more disingenuous arguments I've heard on FoH. And that's saying something...

Of course these crucible trees might be deterministic, which makes it a different ball of wax. But oof if they are actually random.

• 1Picard

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reminds me, is this the league I do an EQ bleed build. I love the thought of the type of playstle where you shout, slam, watch things bleed out and pop to kill the rest, but wonder if I can scale to a comfy 5 mil dps without too much hassle.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So Scourge and Ultimatum. 2 out of the last 7. Got it.

This is one of the more disingenuous arguments I've heard on FoH. And that's saying something...

Of course these crucible trees might be deterministic, which makes it a different ball of wax. But oof if they are actually random.
Sentinel, Scourge, Ultimatum, and Kalandra if you weren't a shitter. And if you weren't doing that you were a shitter and shouldn't be concerned about monetizing the league anyways.

You know GGG adds these in mind for the player to use for themselves and then it turns into "BUT THIS CURRENT IMPLEMENTATION IS UNCOMFORTABLE FOR ME TO BLAST FOR MAKING MONEYYYY GGG!"

Fucking unbearable.

Khane

Listen. People were not magically finding stashes worth of ring drops good enough to mirror in Kalandra. They were buying good bases, crafting what they wanted to try to mirror and then running Lakes they would buy as well.

This is a different thing depending on what Crucible actually ends up being. Potentially changing your entire loot filter to show crap you'd normally ignore and pick it up to use in the Crucible or ignoring the league mechanic entirely because it annoys you too much to be bothered (that last part is definitely par for the course though with PoE it seems).

It just feels bad if it ends up being that much of a hassle, to the point where most people don't even really want to deal with it. Who knows, it might be fine. But it's a little suspect that they are hiding the Crucible trees and feeding the playerbase that lame, tired old line as an excuse for why.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You unlock the weapons Crucible visibility upon doing it once. You can buy 10 Quill rains and run 10 maps. You'll be fine.

The item filter shit is non-sense. A: they filters get updated based on the economy nonstop and B: I don't even know what you think you'll be hiding the first week. And turning uniques on is pretty no-brainer as they aren't as common as rare rings or jewels or nonsense like that can quickly clutter your screen.

I honestly think people think they have to fully unlock all the Crucible nodes to tell what the tiers are and that's NOT the case. You can ID a tree EVERY FUCKING MAP. You're going to be doing 10+ maps a night even as the most casual of players. You're only going to continually juice ones that you've ID good nodes on.

As for deterministic, I'm not sure what you WANT it to be, but it is based off ilvl and weapon type. Minion skills on minion wands, bow shit on bows, and melee on 2handers etc etc. There's going to be some niche cases where you use a claw as a minion build or some weird shit, but Uniques are specifically tagged up so that something like the Scourge would have minion trees. And again unless it's an uber rare you just SMUSH allocated passives you WANT from a weapon onto the weapon you want (top in forge eaten, bottom remains) and it has a higher chance of keeping ALLOCATED passives. Combine that with the ability to scour a tree (not reroll, just reset) it shouldn't be that bad. Unless you're blasting starforges or something it's not going to be that bad to buy 5 quill rains at 10c each, run 5 maps, and check each one until you get one you want.

I'm not sure if people aren't understanding the system or they just want to whine to whine.

Khane

Im speaking specifically about their latest tweet regarding Uniques and showing us that Nimis node. Rares are rares... whatever. But the uniques are going to have specific nodes tied to things they grant, potentially. Are those deterministic? Are they random?

And the encounters don't fully reveal the entirety of the tree depth. You have to run crucible for a weapon multiple times to fully unlock it and see all potential nodes. And that doesnt even consider the item merging mechanic.

Lol actually... yea this is gonna be real annoying:

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
And the encounters don't fully reveal the entirety of the tree depth. You have to run crucible for a weapon multiple times to fully unlock it and see all potential nodes. And that doesnt even consider the item merging mechanic.
This is wrong:

First time you Crucible a weapon it gets node one and shows the entire tree. The depth is based on ilvl which is why that weapons depth is so shallow.

Xevy

Log Wizard
D4's fine, I'll probably play it, haven't bought it, but saying it's closer to PoE than say Lost Ark is a smooth brainer thing. Ain't no fucking way. Overall D4 is just ???'s about endgame and everything presented so far is, adequate? Didn't reinvent shit, but Blizzard really hasn't in about 15 years.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A: they filters get updated based on the economy nonstop

Whoa there, whoa whoa whoa.

How often am I supposed to update my filters? I tend to only change them once or twice over the entire league and that's to prune out junk I no longer need.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Whoa there, whoa whoa whoa.

How often am I supposed to update my filters? I tend to only change them once or twice over the entire league and that's to prune out junk I no longer need.
You can have them automatically update via the filterblade website if you have it set it up correctly. Just auto-updates anytime you go to the update part of the webpage.

I only update like 4 times a league maybe. Once a few days in because they miss stuff, then again in a week or two because the economy is shaking out, then once or twice more eventually when I want a very strict filter but I want to see certain things it doesn't show.

I guess you can get Filterblade premium and it'll auto update your shit automatically and you do nothing, but it costs a monthly fee.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Snipe won't work on Scourge arrow by releasing a max stage of scourge arrow will it? People are going to be using that with Toxic Rain and other poison attack builds I guess. I'm guessing that's what all the poison <insert pathfinder> shit is about.