Path of Exile

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The worst thing about playing with controller in this game is trading. I don't know why they won't let you switch without leaving the game. I love leveling and hard-core mapping with a controller (very strict+ filter). It's also great with those stop n go spammy builds (TR, BF/BB).

Also some might find it better for navigating boss mechanics and it's easy on the wrists.

Does steam deck allow touch screen support cause that might send me over the top to get a steam deck finally.

Not sure on the touch screen, I was still trying to figure out a bit how to get it operational. One thing I did notice was there was no filters so even yellow maps was screens full of spam, definitely need to adjust that. Even trying to navigate to a folder caused it to lock up though so might be a bit of a hassle the first time.

Am enjoying playing RF on it though for most of it. Can't imagine trying to do the league mechanic cause of how spikey it gets.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rog blessed me with an almost perfectly divined elemental bow near 1500 dps. Reroll or sell? Trying to price this with the shitter suffixes

1682475564064.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yolo annul it and make a gif out of it so we can mock you here when it hits one of the prefixes!!!

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Put some eldritch implicits on it. Think there’s an eldritch annulment orb you can use to remove a suffix or something ?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Is impale meaningful to a poison/chaos dot build in any way? I bought a pair of warlord/hunter gloves to try and roll something nice for my frost blades but used a regal when i had increased dot + chaos dot multi and ended up with impale chance. Figured i'd check before I keep rolling them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its a pittance dmg boost adding impale. Impale got its shit nerfed a few leagues back. So in order to get good results from impale, you have to heavily invest in it. Check your pob, it should tell you the raw dmg it adds, but it wont be much on a build like yours.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is impale meaningful to a poison/chaos dot build in any way? I bought a pair of warlord/hunter gloves to try and roll something nice for my frost blades but used a regal when i had increased dot + chaos dot multi and ended up with impale chance. Figured i'd check before I keep rolling them.

Impale chance is worthless unless it's one of the weird specific spell-impale uniques, and even then it's just meme builds mostly.

Anything that uses impale easily gets 100% from tree nodes + whatever skill gem they use.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Upgraded a couple pieces of gear a bit, finally got a paradoxica, swapped to crit gems. Splitting steel is truly stupid with the projectile return from cascade - it has 5 splits naturally plus another 5-6 from snipers mark and then 2 more sometimes from beltimber blade, which leads to some truly hilarious shotgun damage when they all return.

Otherwise this is a pretty typical perseverance champion setup with all the goodies that come along with that in terms of survivability/movement speed etc. I'm not entirely sold on using the forbidden jewels for the adrenaline node as I have no way to manually trigger it, but it's a nice safety valve during mapping to avoid some deaths here or there and the intimidate damage is a nice bonus. Plus it cost like...100 chaos or so total? Better options would probably be the 8% base crit slayer node or cull or overleech, but those are all much more money than I cared to spend.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Weapon Swap corrupting fever with Lifetap and Second Wind is certainly an option. It's annoying, but it works.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Corrupting Fever?

Yea I could use that in a weapon swap for sure, but it's just so annoying I've never bothered. Plus there's good money to be made with leveling enlightens and such in the swap, and the build is fast enough and has so much damage already I don't really feel like I need to keep it up all the time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would never do that in weapon swap, just eat the gem slots in your main build. It's annoying enough to have to remember to press it every 20s.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I can't do that, just don't have the links available at all. I'd have to cut auras or mark or hit or leap slam or something else critical to the build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You don't need lifetap on your totem and leap slam, your rings solve that. You could probably cut faster attacks supporting leap slam. IDK, unset ring?

Separately, culling strike on your totem for maximum pob warrior dps.

Kaom's Spirit might be fun to slot in. That 1% evasion and armour as regen every 4s gives you at least 4 rage per second.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You don't need lifetap on your totem and leap slam, your rings solve that. You could probably cut faster attacks supporting leap slam. IDK, unset ring?

Separately, culling strike on your totem for maximum pob warrior dps.

Kaom's Spirit might be fun to slot in. That 1% evasion and armour as regen every 4s gives you at least 4 rage per second.

Kaom's doesn't work with that mastery that way - it's not 'technically' life regen somehow? I tried them out and you still actually regen life from the mastery rather than generate rage, which is interesting in it's own way as a means of having some regen while also getting free rage gen.

It also works for the recovery mastery that makes your life regen only happen every 4 seconds which is even more interesting.