Path of Exile

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
All it would take would be minor tweaks and the league would be awesome, but the RNG of trees and a mechanic you have to sit still to start makes it feel bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Definitely not bait. Sanctum was my least favorite league by a billion miles. Absolute trash. I'd rather go back to playing hardcore beyond league with mobs twice as overtuned as they were when it launched back in the day on the laggiest server I can connect to than play sanctum again.

At least in crucible if you don't like it so you skip the league mechanic you don't feel like you're actively screwing yourself.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I didn't like Sanctum until I was plowing it with a build that was favored in that environment plus had a big suite of +merchant options relics. I was mostly done with the league when my relic RNG changed around. If that didn't happen I'd have quit way earlier and had an entirely different view of it.

The problem I have with Crucible is that I've already been doing the stuff I like to do for quite a few leagues now with nothing really going core to add to that list. I need the league mechanic to carry and this one doesn't for me. It's got big power but I don't find it mechanically interesting.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea unfortunately that's all crucible is - massive power creep with basically no engagement.

Everyone running around with their 1600 dps bows with 3 crucible nodes and just ignoring the mechanic entirely cause there's no point to engage with it. I was really hoping there'd be more interest skill altering stuff in it I guess. Explode totems are obviously nuts, but for almost everything else the big modifier nodes aren't worth the squeeze to mess around with, especially considering just how much raw damage is available in position 1-3 on the trees. Who's gonna spend hours and hours trying to get a rolling magma AE node on to their staff when you could just use a staff with more cast speed/huge flat added/free support gem and play regular rolling magma etc.

The trees shoulda been inverted with the weird skill altering stuff on node 1 and the massive free power nodes buried in node 4-5 if you really want to sweat it out and try for something huge.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Bow before me peasants

Capture.PNG

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
My engagement with the league mechanic was buy a fractured +2 arrow base and spend 500+ contempt essences and hit nothing good, settled for something workable cause i was out of money and it was better than my 1div league start bow and i could transition over to cold convert. Spent a day or two trying to make a crucible tree for said bow and it was just an obnoxious and boring waste of time. Gave up on it and saved up and bought a finished bow and never looked at crucible again.
Interest in playing the league started fizzling out by the end of week 2 and thats super fast for me, only spent a few hours here or there since.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I only stayed because I got rich and bought an expensive bow and amulet for my build making me more powerful than ever before. Otherwise I was out long ago.

I'm still sitting on 165 div or so thinking what else I should build.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only stayed because I got rich and bought an expensive bow and amulet for my build making me more powerful than ever before. Otherwise I was out long ago.

I'm still sitting on 165 div or so thinking what else I should build.
This is where I'm at. Having fun min-maxing frost blades. If it wasn't for the enjoyment of the build I'd have been out weeks ago.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm rich as a nazi this league but just entirely out of ideas on what to do

Maybe it's finally time to resort to squire bitterdream 12link nonsense.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Problem I have with most leagues, this one as well, is I have a build that's so good that any build I try and create will come up short. Sometimes they're better at X or Y comparatively, but in the end you just use a ton of currency and time to make builds that may be fun for a while but on the whole feel worse than your S-Tier build. I blame myself for starting with one. I think if I started with like a A tier like Specters then worked towards a bosser it'd be more enjoyable league.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Problem I have with most leagues, this one as well, is I have a build that's so good that any build I try and create will come up short. Sometimes they're better at X or Y comparatively, but in the end you just use a ton of currency and time to make builds that may be fun for a while but on the whole feel worse than your S-Tier build. I blame myself for starting with one. I think if I started with like a A tier like Specters then worked towards a bosser it'd be more enjoyable league.

That's what happened with me. Went with a super bow build, got a bunch of money, cleared shit for a few days, then got bored, started looking at other builds and was like yeah gonna spend a bunch of money and time to end up with a worse build.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea u can’t do a meta build and then try to come up with some hipster one off build and have it be better it just won’t happen. You’re better off in my experience just picking a completely different endgame path and just trying to optimize a build specifically for that. For example some time ago I just went all in on a turbo speed trapper to try and do rapid lab clears (I know that’s no longer a thing).

I dunno I can’t think of any good goals off the top of my head but you kind of have to create your own enjoyment of you want to keep playing after the first few weeks if the league mechanic is a stinker

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user