Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The economy in HC trade is really quite amusing to me for some reason, and HC is honestly more interesting from a build perspective right now that crucible itself is

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay I was +8 levels on imperial gardens and feeling pretty good so tried a crucible to get a tree on my wideswing and died instantly

Back to trying to make a str stacking sceptre in SC i guess

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Okay I was +8 levels on imperial gardens and feeling pretty good so tried a crucible to get a tree on my wideswing and died instantly

Back to trying to make a str stacking sceptre in SC i guess
I went through ~30 forges trying to get that str mod on a sceptre. I was just getting a sceptre and dumping it onto a ritual sceptre base over and over and over and over. After the ~30 maps and 30 forges I figured I'd give up for a few weeks until I get REALLY bored and try again.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I went through ~30 forges trying to get that str mod on a sceptre. I was just getting a sceptre and dumping it onto a ritual sceptre base over and over and over and over. After the ~30 maps and 30 forges I figured I'd give up for a few weeks until I get REALLY bored and try again.

Yea I've merged 55 scepters now and nothin.

I've got an entire quad of sceptres waiting and ready to go now but I need to bulk buy forges somehow cause I don't have near enough.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Is there any method to merging or is it just rng results? Like do you need to merge 2 specific mods to get the special mods like dmg per int or i'm assuming this str one you guys are talking about?

Xevy

Log Wizard
RNG for the special mods. Just a numbers game. Weighting is pretty low too, like 100 versus everything else which is 500-1000 and has multiple ranks of most of it. So you're looking at like a 1/500ish chance or some shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
phase one in becoming the fattest chieftan ever is complete

Capture.PNG

• 1Mic Drop

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've been down that road. Had a 90-some percent phys converted to fire chieftain with Boneshatter a league or two ago. Survivability was never a problem, but damage certainly was. After getting all the invuln pieces together I realized I basically left 0 room for dps gains. For builds like that you usually have to use a really cheese dick source of decent dps, hence the reliance on shit like Detonate Dead for the previous 2-3 years.

Hell I'm on that road right now. I'm still playing PD2, but before it launched I had a Spec Shield Throw Juggernaut with my 3.5k armour Emperor's Vigiliance and Replica Dreamfeather. Dude had ridiculous eDefense, but dps was attrocious for using what's equivalent to something like 1400dps weapon. He was only level 69 though and I had a lot of tinkering I could still do. Did feel good just sitting in fully juiced crucible just eating everything that had to throw at me and watching my hp move 15% occasionally.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think reap scaling is good enough these days to cover the damage, but I'll need to make a +2 at least cloak of flames before giving it a shot.

I kinda wanna just try out blade vortex a bit too and see how good the clear/explosions can be with just asenaths + herald of ash

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You going for one of those fire conversion sublime visions?

I've always wanted to do a Reap Chieftain but they're right under the stat stackers in terms of affordability.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I don't think I would even try without being able to afford the sublime vision

I've tried a bunch of chieftans and unless you're actually converting like ~90% of damage it just feels worse than playing regular phys mitigation via armor and whatever else.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Decided to try and annul the 5 failed wand merges I had and see if I could get another base to work with and maybe craft crit instead of attack speed on, bricked all 5. 4/5 removed the lightning dmg per int on the first annul (and they had 4-5 mods each, lol) and the 5th one removed spell dmg per int on first annul out of 4 mods. Decided it would be a good time to end the league so I bought a double corrupt alva for my mageblood and ended up hitting %str/dex (low rolls) and max roll crit chance during flask effect (40%) so now i'm stuck playing for at least a couple more days.

Getting super tired of trying to get a crucible tree on this wand tho.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Decided to try and annul the 5 failed wand merges I had and see if I could get another base to work with and maybe craft crit instead of attack speed on, bricked all 5. 4/5 removed the lightning dmg per int on the first annul (and they had 4-5 mods each, lol) and the 5th one removed spell dmg per int on first annul out of 4 mods. Decided it would be a good time to end the league so I bought a double corrupt alva for my mageblood and ended up hitting %str/dex (low rolls) and max roll crit chance during flask effect (40%) so now i'm stuck playing for at least a couple more days.

Getting super tired of trying to get a crucible tree on this wand tho.
Out of all the times I've seen you brick your items when you've been done, this is the first I've seen actually hit. Decent hit too! grats.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
8th wand merge I finally manage to not brick with an annul, and veiled chaos unveils 16% ele pen, but fills the stupid item. Annul removes spell dmg per int and bricks the wand. Plz d4 be good so I can never play this shit again.

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
End of league infinite money chieftan shenanigans are pretty fun. The taking all damage as fire damage setup is hilariously tanky, even with my crap shield missing a bunch of phys/cold conversion. I can AFK on top of a fully charged crucible in t16 maps without any real risk of dying (unless it's the chaos damage one obviously).

Blade vortex though is ultimately disappointing in current year PoE. While the big explosions from herald of ash + asenaths are definitely satisfying, they really just aren't all that effective relative to something like EK ignite or a LA deadeye. EK ignite specifically is just way better at doing what BV used to in terms of big screen bloofing explosions, and the damage ceiling on BV is so fucking low. My config below isn't even for pinnacles cause there's 0 chance I'm even bothering with them on BV as it'd just be a slog.

I'm gonna level a bit more and convert over to a reap setup I think and see how that performs. Certainly way more damage available there, but even with woke cascade I suspect the clear is gonna feel lacking.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Conversion to Reap mostly done now. All that's really left is to grind to 100 if I really care to and fill out another medium crit cluster. Could probably optimize a bit further by getting stun immune someplace and cutting all the stuff down by unwavering stance, but I'd have to fix my stats again for leadership and that sounds like too much work.

10/10 chieftan is amazing once you throw a mirror or so at it. So far the only things I've found that can kill me are full charge crucibles if they roll the chaos damage mobs and uh, detonate dead from boxes if there's enough stuff around? Shaper can't kill me, can afk in uber elder, etc. It's truly the fattest thing I've ever messed with

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well shit, I've finally managed to do the Elderslayers and the Twisted, not sure I have managed that in the past.

I want to do the Maven, but I am in such a good mood right now that I don't want to ruin it with that fucking memory game. I am sitting on two invites, so I suppose I have to do it at some point.

My first run at Uber Elder this league ended up with me dying to a DoT at the same time Elder died, and I watched the loot drop. Sad trombone music. Thankfully, Kirac holds the voidstone for you if that happens lol.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you've got a sack of cash you can just do one Maven after another until it clicks and realize just how little she actually does. You'll be good forever then.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
For me, the build i'm playing and how much damage I do directly correlates to how much I hate the bosses. If you aren't strong enough to phase them fast then the fights get quite messy and quite frustrating, even more so if you can't tank 90% of their abilities on top of not being able to phase them fast.

Maven's super easy if you can blast her and don't have to worry about having 60%+ of the arena covered in degen and then doing the lasers + memory game while moving at 5% speed and not being able to see which tiles are lightning up through the ground effects.

On a different note, I think I want to try and gear up a char for the frost bearer or whatever spectres this league, they look pretty strong. So tonight I threw some currency at trying to make a helmet for it and ended up hitting a nice rf/fire trap helm that I couldn't roll over.

helmet.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I've only done her twice before and once was with RF which is REALLY not good because of the degen beams. So she and I don't have a lot of history lol.