Path of Exile

Caliane

some notes from marks presentation as I watch it.
600+ new enemies.
bosses now have multiple hitboxes. in poe1 enemies were a square hitbox only. which limited the size of the boss. poe2 allows bosses to be much larger, and be mobile in the map creatures, not just set pieces. giant boss walking around, can have a tail, individual leg hitbox, etc. you could literally run between giants legs now.

first time you kill a boss, they have boosted like, like d2 had. also, drop perm stat boost consumable.

I dont remember if it was commented on here, or reddit. you do not get flask charges from whites anymore. only rares+ they expect you to town portal to recharge. TP is instant in the wild, however, has a 2s cast in boss fights. when aggroed, preexisting tp's vanish.
states this is due to cheesing kitava for world firsts. 300 scrolls. also states. alt+f4 will not save you anymore. if you alt+f4, when you log back in, you will be EXACTLY where you logged out. boss attacks and projectiles included.

more character chatter. talk about bosses. when using skills.

Last edited:

Caliane

jumping ahead. poe reddit is saying kripps gameplay showcase shows a better view of the gameplay. apparently he had a hour, versus 30min of others. and had a chance to actually stop read skills, craft gear because of it. crafted himself a weapon that doubled his dps or something, so let him play the game easier.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they expect you to town portal to recharge
This seems like a stupid design decision. Unless they are incorporating the town into the gameplay loop even more, which I doubt. And if they are I don't see a flow in which that's fun.

Or the point is to make flask builds better and more impactful by punishing non flask builds?

Too early to tell etc etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This seems like a stupid design decision. Unless they are incorporating the town into the gameplay loop even more, which I doubt. And if they are I don't see a flow in which that's fun.

Or the point is to make flask builds better and more impactful by punishing non flask builds?

Too early to tell etc etc
Even better, they expect you to not only town portal, but also go click some stupid fucking well instead of just auto-refilling.

Why? "Because it just feels good!!". RP nerds, I swear..

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Yeah interesting changes and yes, too early to tell. One thing frightened me: when the main dev guy answered at the end of day Q&A about the gameplay that "I want people to look at the combat and say "wow, what an action game". That is exactly what I do not want in an arpg. Seeing the boss fights on day 1 I am worried that I have to do 100s of 15 minutes dodge-roll-run out-wait for my 2 second window to attack fights.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Everyone likes d4 until they hit those shit gaps where they spend no time feeling like they're progressing at all
You must not have read the 500 posts effectively saying the problem with d4 was that it felt like shit because they weren't running around at 500mph blowing up 8000 mobs per second.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I want to click one button and the entire zone explodes, 1000 items drop then my loot filter I downloaded off the internet will tell me what to loot.

Seriously though it sounds like they are making the Dark Souls of ARPGs and for a free game that doesn't delete the old game, I don't see why I wouldn't give it a go.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I want to click one button and the entire zone explodes, 1000 items drop then my loot filter I downloaded off the internet will tell me what to loot.

Seriously though it sounds like they are making the Dark Souls of ARPGs and for a free game that doesn't delete the old game, I don't see why I wouldn't give it a go.
I played the first one for maybe month sometime after it came out. After seeing the vids, I think I'll fire it up and at least play the campaign. Looks like 2 will be a lot of fun.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah interesting changes and yes, too early to tell. One thing frightened me: when the main dev guy answered at the end of day Q&A about the gameplay that "I want people to look at the combat and say "wow, what an action game". That is exactly what I do not want in an arpg. Seeing the boss fights on day 1 I am worried that I have to do 100s of 15 minutes dodge-roll-run out-wait for my 2 second window to attack fights.
JFC..

World of Warcraft effectively "ruined"/transformed the MMO market forever - for better or worse is an endless debate.

It's really beginning to feel like Lost Ark is going to do the same to the ARPG genre and a lot of it on the back of completely inflated player counts via bots.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Will definitely try it out since it’s free.

However, they aren’t the smartest businessmen releasing so much info this early. The game should be out in 2024, not entering beta. This gives someone like Blizzard to much lead time to adapt their game to be more competitive. For instance, how all skills and weapons can be changed on the fly and linked together is a cool thing….that D4 wouldn’t have much problem copying giving a years head start. They have a basic version of this for barbs already.

Also, I guess they are going for a niche market for ARPGs, because I don’t play an ARPG like I play a game like Dark Souls or Niho. Those games are about slow methodical exploration and combat. ARPG for me is about arcade style rapid kill/loot cycles. Time will tell if they can make this a new direction for players to embrace. I mean, PoE2 is looking a lot slower than D4 atm, and D4 is already too slow as it stands now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The game should be out in 2024, not entering beta. This gives someone like Blizzard to much lead time to adapt their game to be more competitive. For instance, how all skills and weapons can be changed on the fly and linked together is a cool thing….that D4 wouldn’t have much problem copying giving a years head start.
What the fuck are you saying? This is Blizzard!

D4 didn't copy a thing from PoE 1 which is 10 years old.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The races were pretty sick

t4egvnsry0fb1.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

Will definitely try it out since it’s free.

However, they aren’t the smartest businessmen releasing so much info this early. The game should be out in 2024, not entering beta. This gives someone like Blizzard to much lead time to adapt their game to be more competitive. For instance, how all skills and weapons can be changed on the fly and linked together is a cool thing….that D4 wouldn’t have much problem copying giving a years head start. They have a basic version of this for barbs already.

Also, I guess they are going for a niche market for ARPGs, because I don’t play an ARPG like I play a game like Dark Souls or Niho. Those games are about slow methodical exploration and combat. ARPG for me is about arcade style rapid kill/loot cycles. Time will tell if they can make this a new direction for players to embrace. I mean, PoE2 is looking a lot slower than D4 atm, and D4 is already too slow as it stands now.
yeah, they have always been pretty open about stuff. giving out design info pretty early. and yeah. blizzard could steal/adapt.. but they haven't yet so...
hell, the entire point of the animation panel was to give out tips to new animators.

anyway, I got interrupted to go for a bike ride, so still 8hours of day 2 video to go through, to drop cliff notes/bulletpoints in here. nevermind day 3.

and yeah, not just tp into town to recharge flasks, but ALSO have to click the well. they did mention in one other panel, they did intend to make town more important, and a bigger part of the game. iirc it was when discussing "identify all". I think it was a town npc, like d2.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
The flask thing is just fucking pointless and annoying busywork. The only reason PoE 2 is even happening is that this bald cock sucker can relive some dream he had two decades ago. Trash game.

• 1Faggotry

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah thats the problem with ideas like that healing NPC. They may sound great from a developer perspective "cost associated" blah blah but as a player having to do this over and over 1000 times, well, it gets old pretty quick. This is why they do need to stick to their "vision" for sure, but at the same time listen to player feedback as well on tedious shit like this.