Path of Exile

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's an 'enchant' for uh, reasons, and all of them are in a dropdown under one heading like so:

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Zenith molten strike with a big Rakiatas sword should fit in to the general champion shell just fine. It's not supported in PoB yet so can't see the actual numbers, but rough math says it should do like ~35% more damage than base molten strike (assuming all return proj hit etc). But if your problem with splitting steel is having to hump a boss I'm not really sure what attack skill you could play that wouldn't have a similar problem.

I imagine the way to play new storm brand is exactly the same as old storm brand no? Nothing on it has changed significantly in terms of mechanics - it just trades a bit of 'clear' in terms of beams vs having insanely higher base damage. In reality it clears almost identical cause it does so much fucking damage though.

I'd have to image just going for the mega charge stacking tech of ralakesh + malachais + badge on some kind of CI build is pretty fat no? And with running around at 10+ absorption charges from a maven belt you'd be pretty fucking unkillable in most mapping scenarios.
There's a difference between having to be in extra strike range and humping the boss. Both are "melee" but the latter is far less forgiving to the "juking" the AI does a lot.

However, I think you helped me understand the real issue: feedback. I know from testing that overlaps drops off hard even if you're the tiniest bit of distance away from the target. So, when you go to unload on a target and its health bar isn't moving like it should, are you too far away? Is the map layout fucking your return projectiles? Is this a tanky rare(not affixes, but those hidden loot piñatas that have a further HP multiplier)?

Some stuff dies quickly and other stuff takes appreciably longer and its difficult to tell if its because I'm not quite getting enough overlaps.

On the surface, I agree, new storm brand looks like old storm brand with a bit less than 2x single target dps. However, I haven't played brands since they nerfed them in 3.11. I'm not a fan of brand recall. New storm brand cuts 0.4s off the cast time, making it much more conducive to just toss brand recall altogether.

Ralakesh package does indeed look interesting. Don't have the money to try that yet.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
2nd time i run into king of the mist and 2nd time i just die in the first phase to something instant. I can't see anything cause my artillery ballistas spam too much so i've just run around him but since i've failed twice now anyone know what i need to do? Both times i got a message that the challenge "Without taking damage from ritual of meditation or ritual of dance" failed so i assume thats why i fail...anyone know if there's some mechanic i gotta do? Like click something or stand still or anything?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
2nd time i run into king of the mist and 2nd time i just die in the first phase to something instant. I can't see anything cause my artillery ballistas spam too much so i've just run around him but since i've failed twice now anyone know what i need to do? Both times i got a message that the challenge "Without taking damage from ritual of meditation or ritual of dance" failed so i assume thats why i fail...anyone know if there's some mechanic i gotta do? Like click something or stand still or anything?
Haven't done him myself, but from listening to podcasts, he has two mechanics. One will do heavy degen if you move. The other will do heavy degen if you don't move. You can tell which is which by mousing over the debuff(lol!) or by, supposedly, listening to his voice line.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't done him myself, but from listening to podcasts, he has two mechanics. One will do heavy degen if you move. The other will do heavy degen if you don't move. You can tell which is which by mousing over the debuff(lol!) or by, supposedly, listening to his voice line.
Ok thats good to know. And not at all explained in any reasonable way.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll just say, save yourself the headache and search youtube for king in the mists poe. Wish i had sooner.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
is this a bug? look at whats highlighted in orange. granted its a shitty base but still dont want to lose this item in case he lets me synth it or something next.
wtf.jpg

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
is this a bug? look at whats highlighted in orange. granted its a shitty base but still dont want to lose this item in case he lets me synth it or something next.
View attachment 504247

1702581408359.png

The modifier level of tier one life is 44. A lot of the time with Rog the remove option is going to want to eat your life roll.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Above is correct, Rog works off of the required item level of a particular mod, and life rolls have a relatively low ilvl requirement so they will get removed first and often passed up when you do 'reroll X times keeping the best', because by 'best' it means 'highest ilvl requirement'.

That's why you see shit like leech, rarity, big mana rolls, etc, on your rings constantly with him - they all have some of the highest ilvl requirements for that slot.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's a difference between having to be in extra strike range and humping the boss. Both are "melee" but the latter is far less forgiving to the "juking" the AI does a lot.

However, I think you helped me understand the real issue: feedback. I know from testing that overlaps drops off hard even if you're the tiniest bit of distance away from the target. So, when you go to unload on a target and its health bar isn't moving like it should, are you too far away? Is the map layout fucking your return projectiles? Is this a tanky rare(not affixes, but those hidden loot piñatas that have a further HP multiplier)?

Some stuff dies quickly and other stuff takes appreciably longer and its difficult to tell if its because I'm not quite getting enough overlaps.

On the surface, I agree, new storm brand looks like old storm brand with a bit less than 2x single target dps. However, I haven't played brands since they nerfed them in 3.11. I'm not a fan of brand recall. New storm brand cuts 0.4s off the cast time, making it much more conducive to just toss brand recall altogether.

Ralakesh package does indeed look interesting. Don't have the money to try that yet.

I'm pretty high on the ralakesh charge stack package currently, I'm just not sure which spell to apply it all too. The numbers on new storm brand do look fucking nuts, and the re-attach time and cast speed means that yea you won't really need to be fucking with brand recall that much.

I bought a pair of ralakesh a few days when I first started realizing how this all fit together, I just need to decide how to build it. Go cold occultist and try the new cold snap on-hit version? Winter orb? Eye of winter is also tempting cause you can get charms with %chance to chain on terrain collision for projectiles which might lead to some shotgun nonsense.

I think inquisitor is probably the superior choice all around and is a lot more flexible in terms of what spell you want to use, and you should be able to get to like 10 power charges relatively easily.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty high on the ralakesh charge stack package currently, I'm just not sure which spell to apply it all too. The numbers on new storm brand do look fucking nuts, and the re-attach time and cast speed means that yea you won't really need to be fucking with brand recall that much.

I bought a pair of ralakesh a few days when I first started realizing how this all fit together, I just need to decide how to build it. Go cold occultist and try the new cold snap on-hit version? Winter orb? Eye of winter is also tempting cause you can get charms with %chance to chain on terrain collision for projectiles which might lead to some shotgun nonsense.

I think inquisitor is probably the superior choice all around and is a lot more flexible in terms of what spell you want to use, and you should be able to get to like 10 power charges relatively easily.
Slayer winter orb might be fun. And expensive. MBExtreme is building it right now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Heh that's kinda cute yea, just have 10-11 of all charges at all times. The pathing has to be a fucking nightmare though

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I kind of want to do something with the Warlock ascendancy Affliction passive and the Guardian Sentinel coupled with Minion instability but PoB doesn't recognize half the shit I want to "test" and PoE itself has the massive problem of "Hahah, yea, there is tons of cool stuff in our game but fuck you if you want to experiment. Good luck bricking your character and not having the currency to re-spec, fuckwit."

The idea is to massively scale the sentinel's already high base HP and use the affliction curse to kill him on command triggering both the affliction explosion and minion instability. Let him do his normal thing in maps (since his aura scales with his HP) and explode him on beefy rares/uniques/bosses. I want to use the Formless Inferno along with Mother's Embrace / Purity of Fire / Elements to do most of the heavy life scaling by itself but nothing I do in PoB recognizes it or increases his HP. Doesnt matter if he has 5% fire res or 500%. And I don't know if that's a bug or if it just doesn't work the way I think it does. And Im definitely not going to spend 2+ div to test it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I finally got around to trying to trade for stuff and I'm doing a lot better (apparently a few hundred life makes a massive difference).

The whole process makes me not want to sell stuff though. Are people really just sitting in their hideouts waiting for people to message them to trade? Because that's what it seems like, and I'm not interested in that shit.

Protip: Create a "dump tab". Whatever you actually loot dump in your tab. Then set it public for a price on what you're "willing" to stop mapping to go handle a sale.

I have mine at 5c at league start, 15c currently, and mid-league I usually set to 40c.

If you get bombarded with tells, you've got something valuable. Don't sell it, but analyze it and go from there.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Slayer winter orb might be fun. And expensive. MBExtreme is building it right now.
wth...No joke the exact build i was PoBing before league start.
I mean im probably starting deadeye LA. For a few reasons besides it being a good build:
Warden of the maji just seems like the best early league ascendancy and its only attacks.
Can get dying sun to full uptime and 3 projectiles (with good belt) next to a tincture which should be dirty good for tornado shot.
Also not as neccessary to get 21/20 on attacks compared to spells now that lvl 20 gem -> 20 qual gem vendor recipe is gone which sucks for spells.
Plan on farming some legion and buying some power charge stacking items before they explode in price if i can for a 2nd build, exact skill tbd.

Before patch notes i thought i was going to start ele ignite into EK ignite again but it lost 40+ proj speed (and cast speed with nova version)

• 1Worf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Everyone made a super hard foil mageblood map that's full of completely uninteresting mods and gay. Just so predictably gay.

I made mine as easy as possible and tried to make it fun to run. Make it so you can get a shitload of headhunter buffs possible, and enjoy your free mageblood.

1702594566159.png

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
My guildmate got his OWN foil reliquary item last night. The odds of that are insane. He made a Harvest one though so it's more common than a mageblood or anything, but still. We'd been checking last league and never saw it up for trade.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Protip: Create a "dump tab". Whatever you actually loot dump in your tab. Then set it public for a price on what you're "willing" to stop mapping to go handle a sale.

I have mine at 5c at league start, 15c currently, and mid-league I usually set to 40c.

If you get bombarded with tells, you've got something valuable. Don't sell it, but analyze it and go from there.
I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully the stash sale is this weekend. I bought the First Blood pack, just waiting to buy them (going currency, map, and 1-2 premium upgrades).

• 1Like