Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Biggest issue is I haven't played in a while and when I looked on youtube for a fit all the videos are exactly the same. Click bait, top 5, or these builds are the best and all they do is mention builds someone else did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Biggest issue is I haven't played in a while and when I looked on youtube for a fit all the videos are exactly the same. Click bait, top 5, or these builds are the best and all they do is mention builds someone else did.
Yea you really have to know the good people. Here's people I regularly have high trust in their builds on their channel.

Zizaran (usually collabs)
CrouchingTuna
Pastelron
Mathil
Tyty
TriPolar
Jungroan

There's others but these are the safest, meta exploiters, with very detailed guides

• 1Truth!

Borzak

I like ziz and have watched him before. But now that I'm deaf in one ear I find him extremely hard to listen to and understand. The stream is OK, the videos explaining stuff not so much. At times he gets in a hurry and slurs and CC misses it too. But that's just me.

I like Mathil but I don't think his video builds or are for people on my level (low level).

I'll look into the others.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jungroan usually comes up with some of the most interesting builds, I saw he put out a pconc of bouncing trickster video, but haven't watched it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What’s budget for a tanky transcendence build ? I’ve never done one and want to try. Need voices or no?

Borzak

Can anyone recomend a true starter build I can look up. It's hard to know what has changed in previous leagues after taking a break. I watched a video today of one that touted as super cheap starter build. The one unique you had to get to make the build which the level to use was super low. Of course I looked it up and the cheapest was 11 divines. Some strater build. Lots of them touted as can clear all content including tier 17 maps and I'm just looking for a starter but it's not the hot topic now apparently.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EA ballistas is my go to recommendation for the easiest braindead build in the game. You can go Champ for defense or Ele for offense. No uniques needed, can do most content (probably not 30 wave simu without you knowing exactly how to spec for it but who cares).

There are tons of guides by various creators for 3.24 on it. I haven't played it since 3.20ish and I was ele but here's a pob for the Champ version

Borzak

I started a toxic rain pathfinder. Found a video and I've done that build before. Get me going at least.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
EA ballistas is my go to recommendation for the easiest braindead build in the game. You can go Champ for defense or Ele for offense. No uniques needed, can do most content (probably not 30 wave simu without you knowing exactly how to spec for it but who cares).

There are tons of guides by various creators for 3.24 on it. I haven't played it since 3.20ish and I was ele but here's a pob for the Champ version

Seconded.

I've started EA ballista for like 4, maybe 5 leagues now. Can do everything up to Uber bosses; and can do them if you are patient. It's actually tankier this league than previous.

I was doing high yellow tier maps easy peasy on a 4L. Reds easy on a 5L. I just bought a fully colored +1/+2 skill 6L bow for 4 div. The other pieces that flesh it out are less than 4 div in total and not even really needed if you are poor.

I still haven't even set up my secondary support skills at all and the build is fully online anyway.

Borzak

Guess I'm in the league for good now. The first two builds I tried were blah and meh. This one is working out better and feels better. In about an hour this morning got to act 3. I wish I could memorize things down to a "T" like streamers, of course that's how they make their living.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Guess I'm in the league for good now. The first two builds I tried were blah and meh. This one is working out better and feels better. In about an hour this morning got to act 3. I wish I could memorize things down to a "T" like streamers, of course that's how they make their living.
Lemme know when you get to like level 80ish, dont have a ton of currency but can probably throw ya a few divs if it helps?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Realise it's some 1st world issues but i'm so cursed today, not a single time did i beat the odds preparing the gear for my next build, extending the time before i can swap.
Took 10 tries to hit a 1 in 4 fracture and several 50/50 can't go my way 1st hit a single time.
For example, elevating failed twice before hit, lock prefix reforge attack failed 3 times, veiled orb first doesnt give chaos+ele res and 2nd try eats my mod when its protected by 2 crafted ones etc.

Babyrage

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Did notice earlier #1 on the ladder died. Glad there isn't a server notices if I die.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So I got a few T17 maps and seem to survive pretty decently, but it made it super obvious that my damage could be way better. I know LS isn't the best skill to be using, but can someone recommend some updates that may make a nice boost to my dmg?

I was able to get to the boss without issue, but I was doing barely anything to Lycia - probably got her to 75% if I'm lucky and that was a full 60 seconds before I died and said fuck that. I don't have a ton, but around 20 div to spare......unfortunately a lot of the Maxroll equipment suggestions are way out of my price range, so I was kinda winging it beyond level 85 or so. Honestly just trying to EARN my last 2 voidstones and conquer a T17 boss or two this league, nothing crazy.

Thanks

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I know I need to ditch Purity of Elements too, but I also need ailment avoidance and such so not really sure how to go about it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Your tree is a mess. There's extraneous points left over near precise technique from when I assume you respeced to be crit, as well as up near ghost dance for some reason? Clean up all those extra points and pathing and take forces of nature + enemy resist inversion mastery, that alone is like 30% more damage for your current setup.

Your jewels are almost all awful. Replacing all of them with a basic life+single crit multi jewel is a substantial upgrade, even more so if you can find jewels that are like life+multi+some kind of attack speed or % damage.

You need to reroll your flasks to have the %armor and %evasion affixes, you'll gain another ~10k of each from that alone.

You have no exposure anywhere - reroll your glove implicit to lightning exposure at least, take the +2 pierce node on the tree if you need pierce still. Also take the extra strike from your attack wheel, the more strikes the better your clear is.

You're suppress capped if you take a single suppression mastery, so eventually the way you'll wanna do ailment avoidance is via ancestrla vision eventually. Buy a pair of boots with ~12% fractured suppress and spam them with essence of whateverthenameis to hit 30%+ ailment avoid, then roll the remainder of avoidance you need on the boot implicit and you'll be capped and can ditch purity.

Your ring slots suck ass too, consider just switching to 2x the taming, or potentially a mark of the elder + shaper ring. Similarly carnage heart is not a real item - any rare necklace with crit multi and/or some flat added lightning damage is way better. The high end is probably a Yoke of suffering in that slot?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Before I forget: elusive scaling is kind of ass these days. It's too unreliable since you spend so much time <100 elusive effect. I'd strongly consider bailing on nightblade support and any associated elusive scaling you have to save more points. Crit damage support or ele penetration will be just as much or more damage, and be completely reliable for you.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know I need to ditch Purity of Elements too, but I also need ailment avoidance and such so not really sure how to go about it.
Cant help much with the build because 1, your pob lacks jewels and 2, you have some stuff clicked that makes no sense so i can only assume somethings fucked somewhere, like random small nodes 1 mana node, 1 dex node, 1 life recoup

Ailment avoid you usually get on gear (some on tree too).
Boots eater implicit can give 32
Boots suffix 35
body armour prefix 35
Shield suffix 35
Shield synth implicit 25
Ancestral vision jewel if you have suppress is good
grand spectrum jewels x1 - x3 = 36 -108

Or use stormshroud with shock avoidance usually from abyss jewels and boot suffix/implicit, or with pathfinder on flask or at the very highend with mageblood

Buy finished items on trade as you see fit or get some fractured items and essences when/if you decide how you wanna go about it. Sadly the common cheaper way of finishing items, that being lock prefix/suffix and veiled chaos orb is no more because now each veil is 8 divine + so crafting yourself can screw you over.